Manchester United

redrus

So if the Pogba deal actually happens it seems his agent could well trouser 18m as his cut. Totally disgusting if true.

Surely a club with a appeal United has must have better options than a player so wildly over priced?

Very true Carmine and there are much better options out there it just seems a media inspired story that United have jumped on....... for the money and the past history between him and United it is all a little ridiculous really and he is not even a player that is performing consistenly brilliant to warrent anywhere near the rated price for me.

• Like 1

So if the Pogba deal actually happens it seems his agent could well trouser 18m as his cut. Totally disgusting if true.

Surely a club with a appeal United has must have better options than a player so wildly over priced?

That appeal being £'s, because it isn't the shirt, no matter what a player tells you.

These fukers are more enthused about Pokeman Go than giving a toss about the colour of the shirt, it's history means <deleted> all. Look at the players that have joined City in recent history?

I agree with what you are saying, surely for a 100M you could strengthen your squad, and improve your chances of winning the league. Unfortunately, this is a business before it's a sport these days. 100M on a promotional product has a greater chance of ROI than investment in less-marketable products that might, might win you a trophy of two.

That appeal being £'s, because it isn't the shirt, no matter what a player tells you.

These fukers are more enthused about Pokeman Go than giving a toss about the colour of the shirt, it's history means <deleted> all. Look at the players that have joined City in recent history?

I agree with what you are saying, surely for a 100M you could strengthen your squad, and improve your chances of winning the league. Unfortunately, this is a business before it's a sport these days. 100M on a promotional product has a greater chance of ROI than investment in less-marketable products that might, might win you a trophy of two.

There is a new app out Bob its called find Pogbaman.

• Like 1

There is a new app out Bob its called find Pogbaman.

well you are on form this morning Nev!!

Doesn't seem to be any secret that Mourinho's buying is focusing on the spine of the team. Sensible imho and only criticisms seem to be coming regards amounts of money. However, despite the crazy figures flying around how much of that is particularly relevant to United with their global revenues and Sky handouts?

Doesn't seem to be any secret that Mourinho's buying is focusing on the spine of the team. Sensible imho and only criticisms seem to be coming regards amounts of money. However, despite the crazy figures flying around how much of that is particularly relevant to United with their global revenues and Sky handouts?

The last 3 years we have been spineless indeed, Mourinio knows how to build a team and knows the players he needs.

Yes we have had to splash some cash to get the players in he needs, but after 3 seasons of wasting money I hope we have bought right.

The last 3 years we have been spineless indeed, Mourinio knows how to build a team and knows the players he needs.

Yes we have had to splash some cash to get the players in he needs, but after 3 seasons of wasting money I hope we have bought right.

yes exactly so. Looks like Pogba's done bar crossing the t's so that striker, central midfield and keeper sorted. Wouldn't be surprised if something does actually happen on the CB front. Stones? Or Varane if he's available. Real quality player.

Wouldn't be surprised if 8 or more players get cut as well.

As much disdain as i have for Mourinho he really knows how to set a team up. But i very much doubt he'll have any need of Carrington. He just not a long term appointment as a manager.

Wouldn't be surprised if 8 or more players get cut as well.

As much disdain as i have for Mourinho he really knows how to set a team up. But i very much doubt he'll have any need of Carrington. He just not a long term appointment as a manager.

We thought we had a long term appointment when Moyes took the job whistling.gif

I doubted Mourinho,s appointment because of his "personality" and ego........but there is an anticipation among United fans for the forthcoming season not seen for quite some time.

Three new highly experienced managers and one nearly new "klip Klopp" at four of our top clubs makes this season (in my humble opinion) the most exciting for a long long time.

sadly coming towards the end of next season we will have the usual cry of "Arsene out" once more cheesy.gif

bring it onthumbsup.gif

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 8:17 AM, nev said:

Early days but the new buys are looking good. Watching the last game could not be more impressed by Rashford .He seems to have more pace that last year which you might expect given his age.Can't remember a young player that has burst through with such quality in such a short time.I really don't see how Mourinho can leave him out.

Valencia crossing  was back to where it was 3 years ago.Competition for spots might be the spark thats needed.I guess this week will see who is leaving, sold, or on loan. Bastien S for sure, training with the kids.

6 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Reports say that 70 miiion quids worth of Zlatan Ibrahimovic shirts were sold, world wide,  in 7 days.

Another couple of weeks and Pogba will be paid for.

So, last year MU sold approx 150 million quids worth over the entire season which was, to be fair, a 34% increase on the previous year. Now they have sold almost half that amount in a week....on 1 player! Who is doing the "reports"? Sounds like Zlatan himself to me:clap2:

3465594.jpg

• Like 1

I find it very hard to believe that more Chelsea shirts were sold than Liverpool shirts. And Liverpool not even in the top 10!!

Who's listing is this?  Its a load of cobblers......

More Chelsea shirts sold than Real Madrid.....really.....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

I find it very hard to believe that more Chelsea shirts were sold than Liverpool shirts. And Liverpool not even in the top 10!!

Who's listing is this?  Its a load of cobblers......

More Chelsea shirts sold than Real Madrid.....really.....

When I did a search to find out the full facts, I could only find a full story of it in the Sun. Think that says it all

16 hours ago, Sparkles said:

So, last year MU sold approx 150 million quids worth over the entire season which was, to be fair, a 34% increase on the previous year. Now they have sold almost half that amount in a week....on 1 player! Who is doing the "reports"? Sounds like Zlatan himself to me

Can't reply properly Mr BJ/Carms as the effin site is playing up.again. The table was reported widely a couple of months ago. Here is a skysports link http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10279992/chelsea-sell-more-shirts-than-manchester-united-in-2015-16

Pretty certain it was in most of the National Press.

A different table will cheer up the Man U fans....but the point remains. #zlatanfacts:D

Top 10 Clubs With Highest Shirt Sales in 2015-16 Season
NO# TEAM 2015-16 SALES BRAND HIGHEST SELLER
1 Manchester United LogoManchester United 2,850,000 (40% increase) adidas small logo Anthony Martial
2 FC Barcelona LogoFC Barcelona 2,290,000 (32% increase) Nike small logo Lionel Messi
3 Real Madrid logoReal Madrid 1,980,000 (11% increase) adidas small logo Ronaldo
4 Chelsea FC logoChelsea 1,650,000 (39% increase) adidas small logo Eden Hazard
5 Bayern Munich logoBayern Munich 1,500,000 (40% increase) adidas small logo Arjan Robben
6 Arsenal LogoArsenal 1,125,000 (20% increase) Puma small logo Alexies Sanchez
7 Juventus LogoJuvenuts 850,000 adidas small logo Paul Pogba
8 Liverpool logoLiverpool 805,000 New Balance Phillipe Coutinho
9 PSG LogoPSG 685,000 Nike small logo Angel Di Maria
10 AC Milan LogoAC Milan 650,000 adidas small logo Keisuke Honda
11 Atletico MAdrid logoAtletico Madrid 500,000+ Nike small logo Antoine Griezmann
12 leicester City logoLeicester City 350,000 Puma small logo Jamie Vardy

Transfers Of All Time

Edited by wilai
Dodgy site!

This is more like it.

A plastic scouser coming on here having a dig about shirt sales ycnmiu.

/football/clubswww.totalsportek.com-with-most-shirt-sales/

^Sabotaged by City fans: "Oh Rodney Rodney, Rodney Rodney Rodney Rodney Rodney Marsh." 

Opportune moment to reminisce. When Alf Ramsey told Marsh, "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at half time," Marsh replied: "Crikey, Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea." He was never picked again. Boom tish!

• Like 1

Hahaah The Special Needs one is already at it.

Mourinho claimed the press was unfair in their treatment of him, saying “I only speak about us. I heard two of my colleagues from other clubs already speaking about us. I do not like that. It is not ethical. There are things that when I do are not ethical and when others do it everything is normal and nobody says that. I do not speak about the others. They can do what they want.