Manchester United

redrus

manu v west ham score 4-1,a really good team performance,rooney outstanding should have been 4-0 after 30minutes ,with 80% of play it was bound to happen as west h snatched a goal.but although west h.played well at times man u were toooooooooooooooooo good.thats more than i can say about the ref.

i did get the thumbs up off slatan at the end.

so lets see it continue they [man u] are starting to put it together,look out those above.

• Like 2

Early wake up here for the match but well worth it,another very good performance but this time with the goals to go with it,when I see a game like this (not the first,many in the recent past) full of entertaining attacking football and compare it to last seasons crab type football it makes me laugh at critics of Mourinho tactics.

West Ham played their part,and in Slaven Bilic they have a manager who I have a lot of respect for,he is destined for greater things in the future IMHO :thumbsup:

I see Rooneys booking rules him out of sundays game,me also as its down to the rubber garden again :coffee1:

BTW, anyone else noticed lately how Mourinho's  demeanour has changed from

being the special arrogant one to the dejected one.

His post match interviews (when he bothers to show up for them) are lacking that

charisma that they once had.

Has he lost his confidence? 

Played well but we are sitting back and letting other teams come at us trying to hold on to 1-0 wins that end up being draws, we need to finish teams off and score more goals..

Yes Rojo was very lucky same as Barry who should of had at least 3 yellow cards.

Manager needs to look at himself and explain why hge brought Fellaini on, I was thinking Mata who has more composure and capable of holding on to the ball, the penalty was a dive but that is the game now look for the slightest touch.

1 hour ago, nev said:

Manager needs to look at himself and explain why hge brought Fellaini on, I was thinking Mata who has more composure and capable of holding on to the ball, the penalty was a dive but that is the game now look for the slightest touch.

I think Jose explained very well why he brought on Fellaini, in particular he wanted some height for set pieces and he said about Everton, "they play direct football" so he wanted a 2m height player to defend against that!!  Don't think Jose can be blamed for that one.

What does confuse me is why his reluctance to use Sebastian Schweinsteiger

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I think Jose explained very well why he brought on Fellaini, in particular he wanted some height for set pieces and he said about Everton, "they play direct football" so he wanted a 2m height player to defend against that!!  Don't think Jose can be blamed for that one.

What does confuse me is why his reluctance to use Sebastian Schweinsteiger

Yes I found out later after posting that was his reason, I just cannot see how Fellaini gets in the team or even on the bench, we have better players like Schniederlin and Bastian who cannot even get on the bench.

I think Mourinio is getting it right slowly andi am loving watching United play again, results will come I am sure.

Huge game for Mourinho tonight, playing against the manager that one day might be the main target to replace him.

Frankly its a game both of us need to win so i'm looking forward to a cracker.  

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

I am very pleased with the way we are progressing I am sure results will come in the league, we look like a good cup team right now.

I am convinced we have the right man now who has got us playing some very exciting football again, it is way way better than under Moyes and LVG 

Tonight will be a cracking game with two teams who like to play attacking football.

27 minutes ago, nev said:

I am very pleased with the way we are progressing I am sure results will come in the league, we look like a good cup team right now.

I am convinced we have the right man now who has got us playing some very exciting football again, it is way way better than under Moyes and LVG 

Tonight will be a cracking game with two teams who like to play attacking football.

Lets face it mate, a draws no good for either of us really.  The Spurs/United fixtures always a good one but this has the makings of a classic.  I believe both Bailly and Alderweirald are back , two players vital to our respective back fours.  Should be tight.

Edited by carmine

Nice try nev. Trying to compare your Thursday night games in the cup for also rans whilst we were playing the likes of Barca in the Champs League. Why did you pick Sept 28th as the start date for your comparison?

But if it makes you happy and gives you an ounce of comfort justifying Jose as you manager, then fill your boots mucker

26 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Nice try nev. Trying to compare your Thursday night games in the cup for also rans whilst we were playing the likes of Barca in the Champs League. Why did you pick Sept 28th as the start date for your comparison?

But if it makes you happy and gives you an ounce of comfort justifying Jose as you manager, then fill your boots mucker

That's was the day you was crowned premier league champions, all downhill since.

Why not compare Barca is the only decent team you can name, and playing Thursday night does not help with our league games.

You really think Pep is the right manager he will be gone next season.

1 hour ago, nev said:

That's was the day you was crowned premier league champions, all downhill since.

Why not compare Barca is the only decent team you can name, and playing Thursday night does not help with our league games.

You really think Pep is the right manager he will be gone next season.

Don't know who crowned us Champions on the 28th Sept. Certainly wasn't a City fan

You can't seriously compare FC Zorya Luhansk, Feyenoord and Fenerbache with Barca, M'Gladbach and Celtic   

Don't worry about Pep nev, it's his first season. Still learning about the Prem. He's not had the 3 spells in the Prem like Jose has 

Oh and congrats United on winning your first home game since nev's start date of the 28th Sept

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't know who crowned us Champions on the 28th Sept. Certainly wasn't a City fan

You can't seriously compare FC Zorya Luhansk, Feyenoord and Fenerbache with Barca, M'Gladbach and Celtic   

Don't worry about Pep nev, it's his first season. Still learning about the Prem. He's not had the 3 spells in the Prem like Jose has 

Oh and congrats United on winning your first home game since nev's start date of the 28th Sept

Only 6 points behind you now, your Toots must be twitching.

And Celtic are you serious :)

A good win against a very good team.

Strange how the partnership of Jones and Rojo has flourished and now that Bailly is back we will be stronger but we need Shaw back to his best and Valencia playing more forward for me then he can supply more from the wing than anybody else is doing at the moment....Martial is not a winger and seems to be low on confidence the same with Rashford who is better through the middle i am sure Mourinho is looking for a superfast left winger would love to see us go back to a 4-4-2....... i hope the injury to Micky isnt serious as the lad is just getting in his stride and is serious class.

Good game and a good 3 points onwards and upwards.

18 minutes ago, MrRed said:

A good win against a very good team.

Strange how the partnership of Jones and Rojo has flourished and now that Bailly is back we will be stronger but we need Shaw back to his best and Valencia playing more forward for me then he can supply more from the wing than anybody else is doing at the moment....Martial is not a winger and seems to be low on confidence the same with Rashford who is better through the middle i am sure Mourinho is looking for a superfast left winger would love to see us go back to a 4-4-2....... i hope the injury to Micky isnt serious as the lad is just getting in his stride and is serious class.

Good game and a good 3 points onwards and upwards.

The boss said injury is not serious only out for 1 or 2 weeks.

How's thing mate?.

• Like 1

United deserved the win yesterday.  Yet more validity to the argument of possession being overrated with United quite happy to let us have the ball with Spurs not doing enough with it.  Carrick yet again the backbone of your defense.  One swallow doesn't make a summer but United looked more assured and organized than i've seen before this season and atlas Mourinho is improving his team selections so all in all a well earned win and a good day all round for you.

i know Fellaini is dog average but is it helpful for fans to boo their own player?

• Like 2