Manchester United

redrus

5 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Their only weakness is young and supremely talented Rashford making a buffoon of himself with his diving.:thumbsup:

Surely not worse than David Luiz!  When someone tweaked his bootlace last night sending him flying through the air i thought he was dead after he'd finally hit the ground.

I am aware its only 2 games in but I have been fossicking around in Mourinho's head and this is my take.

Last season, as we are aware, United dropped so many points with draws against lower placed teams.Games they should have won, especially at home.

The build up was ponderous and relied too much on Zlatan putting them away,but he had no pace so they had that in mind in the build up.

This season I see a definate change  playing against the lesser lights,its gung ho ,very unMourinho like but working.Pace and power has been the priority.opposition efences  have been overpowered.Game one Zabeleta not only has to put up with the pace of Rashford he then had Martial in his face

I would suggest that when the bigger games come up Herrera will come back in,Mata maybe on the bench, and the strategy more conservative,old Mourinho style.

By having Matic shoring up the back 4 it has allowed Pogba to get forward more and as I predicted last season this will be his year to show what obvious talent he has, including scoring goals.

The much maligned Phil Jones has been like a  brick wall doing his Vidic impersonation, throwing himself in,credit to him after all the abuse he has copped.

Bailly reminds me of Ferdinand in his prime.

Its early days and Leicester will be a far sterner test test next week,The draw for United has been relatively kind. 

Edited by Sparkles

3 hours ago, petermik said:

At 300 grand a week he wasn,t.......:sleepy:

I consider the whole Rooney move was handled with dignity and of benefit to all parties.

Lets not forget the impact he made  at United over a long time and now is showing obvious pleasure in playing every week and scoring goals.

For all the doubters, hoping he would make a complete mess of things, you will just have to wait

11 hours ago, Sparkles said:

I consider the whole Rooney move was handled with dignity and of benefit to all parties.

Lets not forget the impact he made  at United over a long time and now is showing obvious pleasure in playing every week and scoring goals.

For all the doubters, hoping he would make a complete mess of things, you will just have to wait

All good things come to an end eventually and Wayne has been "off the pace" for a couple of seasons..........fact

I,m not a doubter just a realist,but good luck to him at Everton :thumbsup:

Just now, petermik said:

All good things come to an end eventually and Wayne has been "off the pace" for a couple of seasons..........fact

I,m not a doubter just a realist,but good luck to him at Everton :thumbsup:

Playing wirh pride as opposed to a commodity that he brought into and why not. I dislike the guy but to see him playing with heart is a pleasure and my only hope is he going to show that heart fir england finally.

Utd. Said all along that JM was the man and providing he gets the respect AF was given I see him eclipsing AF if given the time. Hard to say but I'm a realist and his methods are the most effective for winning and that is the be all and end all of any sport.

Managed a win in the end :thumbsup: last season it would have ended a draw......we have played better but credit to the foxes for making it difficult, a couple of "inspired" substitutions as in the old Fergie days,well done Mourinho,long way to go yet however and sterner tests to come   :stoner:

4 hours ago, petermik said:

Managed a win in the end :thumbsup: last season it would have ended a draw......we have played better but credit to the foxes for making it difficult, a couple of "inspired" substitutions as in the old Fergie days,well done Mourinho,long way to go yet however and sterner tests to come   :stoner:

Relying on memory but I think after 3 games last season United had max points but its chalk and cheese the quality of play and the fact that its now 3 clean sheets.Matic has made IMO a huge difference, there's a solidarity at the back that was certainly not there before and Jones and Bailly have been rock solid.

It was interesting to see when they were 2 up Mourinho was screaming at Matic to get back and keep the shape.

When you have young pacy players on the bench and Herrera not to make an appearance yet its somewhat comforting and no injuries which plagued the team  the last few seasons.

Having watched Everton a lot last year its obvious Lukaku is not comfortable with his back to the goal and penalty taking is not his strength ,that 2 out of 3 misses at his last attempts, even conceding the keeper was way off his line when it was taken,he telegraphed where it was going.

Still work to be done Blind and Valencia's crossing was poor.If you cast your mind back to the days of VP Valencia would send the ball over a metre off the turf like a guided missile.Defenders were always in danger of deflecting it into their own net ,would like to see more of that, ballooned crosses are toast for defenders as big as Morgan and Huth

Looking at the upcoming games September is going to be very busy and a lot of "rusty" players in the stands. Early days but at least its a pleasure to watch 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Relying on memory but I think after 3 games last season United had max points but its chalk and cheese the quality of play and the fact that its now 3 clean sheets.Matic has made IMO a huge difference, there's a solidarity at the back that was certainly not there before and Jones and Bailly have been rock solid.

It was interesting to see when they were 2 up Mourinho was screaming at Matic to get back and keep the shape.

When you have young pacy players on the bench and Herrera not to make an appearance yet its somewhat comforting and no injuries which plagued the team  the last few seasons.

Having watched Everton a lot last year its obvious Lukaku is not comfortable with his back to the goal and penalty taking is not his strength ,that 2 out of 3 misses at his last attempts, even conceding the keeper was way off his line when it was taken,he telegraphed where it was going.

Still work to be done Blind and Valencia's crossing was poor.If you cast your mind back to the days of VP Valencia would send the ball over a metre off the turf like a guided missile.Defenders were always in danger of deflecting it into their own net ,would like to see more of that, ballooned crosses are toast for defenders as big as Morgan and Huth

Looking at the upcoming games September is going to be very busy and a lot of "rusty" players in the stands. Early days but at least its a pleasure to watch 

In an earlier thread on the Spurs forum I stated that it wasn,t just the  starting 11 but the quality of those on the bench that makes the strength of the side,Blind for all his honest endeavour is not a left back and Valencia for all his strength and pace is lost if the full back blocks his route round the outside,he cannot cross with his left foot.Our delivery from corners is abysmal,either not clearing the first man or hitting it too deep :whistling:

After that little gripe,as you say our football is once more a pleasure to watch (who says Mourinho can only "park the bus") and its evident the players are enjoying themselves out there,Jones is finding the form again that he had at Blackburn (and it was Rooney that urged Fergie to sign him) let,s hope the injuries that have held him back are a thing of the past as he was outstanding yesterday.

Win lose or draw its the entertainment/good football we want :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, petermik said:

In an earlier thread on the Spurs forum I stated that it wasn,t just the  starting 11 but the quality of those on the bench that makes the strength of the side,Blind for all his honest endeavour is not a left back and Valencia for all his strength and pace is lost if the full back blocks his route round the outside,he cannot cross with his left foot.Our delivery from corners is abysmal,either not clearing the first man or hitting it too deep :whistling:

After that little gripe,as you say our football is once more a pleasure to watch (who says Mourinho can only "park the bus") and its evident the players are enjoying themselves out there,Jones is finding the form again that he had at Blackburn (and it was Rooney that urged Fergie to sign him) let,s hope the injuries that have held him back are a thing of the past as he was outstanding yesterday.

Win lose or draw its the entertainment/good football we want :thumbsup:

Think you are a being a bit harsh on the FB's. Blind is being asked to fill in a position, which I am sure he would prefer not to be in, but with Rojo and Shaw being out for so long its either him or a right footed Darmien.Shaw has played 2 games this week for the Under 23's and I am sure he is earmarked for the LB spot.Having him thundering down the left flank with Martial and Rashford should be quite entertaining.

Valencia you can always guarantee from him is that he will give 110% hence him being made skipper and having won a host of awards over his time at the club, didnt have left foot when VP was banging them in either but Valencia came up with lots of assists.

Anyway 3 clean sheets and plenty of room for improvement with that bench raring to go

On ‎27‎/‎8‎/‎2560 at 9:33 PM, Sparkles said:

Think you are a being a bit harsh on the FB's. Blind is being asked to fill in a position, which I am sure he would prefer not to be in, but with Rojo and Shaw being out for so long its either him or a right footed Darmien.Shaw has played 2 games this week for the Under 23's and I am sure he is earmarked for the LB spot.Having him thundering down the left flank with Martial and Rashford should be quite entertaining.

Valencia you can always guarantee from him is that he will give 110% hence him being made skipper and having won a host of awards over his time at the club, didnt have left foot when VP was banging them in either but Valencia came up with lots of assists.

Anyway 3 clean sheets and plenty of room for improvement with that bench raring to go

any defensive position that Blind takes,he is a liability against a top notch  side, (he is as slow as me,) as for Shaw Thundering down the left flank,get a good grip of yourself on that quote,and Valencia may give all ,but he is well , short of M/U  high requirements,(world class)and Jones is a spent player Fullstop,   Yes three nudes,but not against the main contenders for the EPL title, my forecast is that Jones,Valencia, Blind, and Shaw will be moved on by Mou in the very near future, as  all four, would,nt make the run on side ,such as M/City..Totts..C/sea ,  which surely would confirm Mou,s next move is the T/F lounge for them, and a bench raring to go, where are u coming from???E/S will tell you Disneyland:smile:

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:49 AM, evenstevens said:

any defensive position that Blind takes,he is a liability against a top notch  side, (he is as slow as me,) as for Shaw Thundering down the left flank,get a good grip of yourself on that quote,and Valencia may give all ,but he is well , short of M/U  high requirements,(world class)and Jones is a spent player Fullstop,   Yes three nudes,but not against the main contenders for the EPL title, my forecast is that Jones,Valencia, Blind, and Shaw will be moved on by Mou in the very near future, as  all four, would,nt make the run on side ,such as M/City..Totts..C/sea ,  which surely would confirm Mou,s next move is the T/F lounge for them, and a bench raring to go, where are u coming from???E/S will tell you Disneyland:smile:

As if we need reminding about yout total lack of knowledge. Your far more intellingent when you say nothing.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2017 at 2:49 AM, evenstevens said:

As if we need reminding about yout total lack of knowledge. Your far more intellingent when you say nothing.

He,s entitled to his opinion Sparkes...............you are lucky to understand it, I got lost in the last couple of lines :cheesy:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sparkles said:

^^^^^as usual all P#ss and Wind!!!,   seeing that you put yourself across the  Footy Forum ,  as better then anyone else,

why did,nt you,    show some fortitude,    and  join us in the Prediction  Comp,     ran by Wilai  (who incidently is doing a sterling job:smile:)   and see  how  mighty , you really  are!!!!  ,why not  Sparkles???

• Thanks 1

Just now, evenstevens said:

^^^^^as usual all P#ss and Wind!!!,   seeing that you put yourself across the  Footy Forum ,  as better then anyone else,

why did,nt you,    show some fortitude,    and  join us in the Prediction  Comp,     ran by Wilai  (who incidently is doing a sterling job:smile:)   and see  how  mighty , you really  are!!!!  ,why not  Sparkles???

I think JM rates blind highly. He put him in uefa final for his nous. Shaw is a strange one he looks like he is beaten mentally. Jones is on his 4th utd manager and valencia so in the same boat. Maybe age will catch up with valencia but to say he is anything but WC is a joke. The only remarkable thing about jones is the awful faces he pulls he makes rooney look attractive.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:49 AM, evenstevens said:

Seriously believe you have some mental impairement ES no where did I say those players were "world class" or the best I was simply replying to permik's post and suggesting that they had to date they had done a good job, 3 clean sheets has some credence.Do you seriously suggest if Mourinho thought they were not good enough they wouldn't have been moved on in this transfer window? 

Are any games in the league easy ? City struggled to beat Bournemeouth, Huddersfield are flying.I dont consider my opinions or knowledge superior to anyones elses apart from yourself. One only has to look at you recent rants on the Chelsea thread where you were ridiculed by Chelsea supporters to see that. You have no football background,your rants are irrational and your constant stalking of me is rather tiresome.

I dont vist this site that often and when I do I try to post something "constructive" a word you obviously cant comprehend.

As for not taking part in competitions organised by Wilai, who I have already acknowledged is doing a great job with his match schedules.I simply dont have the time.Hardly a crime

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the United medical team at Carrington made an interesting observation this week he said Phil Jones in the 6 years since he moved from Blackburn has had 31 seperate issues with his fitness ,that must be some sort of record.

Shaw fully recovered I think, being still young, he will have an outstanding career.I think Morinho has been geeing him up and giving him a challenge.Training alone in the gym,while your team mates are playing, is known to often create  depression ,it does however make some players mentally stronger and I think thats where he is now,time will tell ,he came through 2 games this past week with only soreness, which is natural

One of the United medical team at Carrington made an interesting observation this week he said Phil Jones in the 6 years since he moved from Blackburn has had 31 seperate issues with his fitness ,that must be some sort of record.

Shaw fully recovered I think, being still young, he will have an outstanding career.I think Morinho has been geeing him up and giving him a challenge.Training alone in the gym,while your team mates are playing, is known to often create  depression ,it does however make some players mentally stronger and I think thats where he is now,time will tell ,he came through 2 games this past week with only soreness, which is natural

Sparkles

I don,t know what it is with players we buy from Blackburn but they always seem to spend more time on the treatment table than playing time.......David May was the one before Jonesy...........hardly missed a game for Rovers before we bought him,another sicknote....great player WHEN fit,problem was :whistling:

Make or break season for Shaw IMHO.....Mourinho is not that convinced about him,when he tried to sign him for Chelsea all Shaw seemed concerned about was how much was in it for him,Mourinho walked away and United paid over the odds drawing criticism at that time.........Mourinho,s now his boss.....we shall see :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

yes that,s right about Jones,thats why he is a Spent Force, you finally got something right!!!

as for your Shaw,s description of  Hardship he is on a weekly wage most people would only dream of!!!

whats your next depressing post going to be about???, get some life into  it,   just for E/S:smile:

its a Clown Of a Good Afternoon to all

20 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Seriously believe you have some mental impairement ES no where did I say those players were "world class" or the best I was simply replying to permik's post and suggesting that they had to date they had done a good job, 3 clean sheets has some credence.Do you seriously suggest if Mourinho thought they were not good enough they wouldn't have been moved on in this transfer window? 

Are any games in the league easy ? City struggled to beat Bournemeouth, Huddersfield are flying.I dont consider my opinions or knowledge superior to anyones elses apart from yourself. One only has to look at you recent rants on the Chelsea thread where you were ridiculed by Chelsea supporters to see that. You have no football background,your rants are irrational and your constant stalking of me is rather tiresome.

I dont vist this site that often and when I do I try to post something "constructive" a word you obviously cant comprehend.

As for not taking part in competitions organised by Wilai, who I have already acknowledged is doing a great job with his match schedules.I simply dont have the time.Hardly a crime

no mental impairment, no rants, no stalking<<<(LOL) just calling a spade ,a spade,and contributing to the footy forum, whether good or bad, put E/S  on your  ignore  list if  i,am getting to you,thats a very sensible thing to do,and it only takes a jiff,seeing that your time is so  precious,(LOL)

BTW

no football back  ground??????  E/S will only be very happy to provide you  evidence, on this board,( photo,s, referennces, etc etc)to show that i have a very long track history in such, no big deal to me., but just to blow you out of the water with  your childish,petulant, views, of E/S , which are not true at all, just give me the nod Sparkles,and E/S will have them up:smile:  in due course

Mou has only just started at M/U  , those players mentioned  will be on the way to the T/F lounge or pastures, rather sooner then later,with a few more to boot, ,inside two more seasons,Mou will have HIS  team trotting out , and the sky is the limit, on what they may acheive,even a  EPL title this season,is not a remote dream at all

over  the years  , E/S  been  a  very loyal Mou supporter, despite his misgivings  he just seems to get the job done,which he gets paid to do:smile:

can clearly recall your rant on this thread ,a couple years back, which you posted that Mou would NEVER EVER be the right fit for  stupidty reasons to manage M/U, but now you are slowly lauding the Special One,,flip flopping at its best,  now Take It  Easy ,Sparks and you will live another day with E/S:smile:

its a Eagles very good morning to all

Edited by evenstevens

Phil Jones : "When I left Blackburn and came to United one of the senior pros took me aside and told me don't ever listen to the knockers, you will learn nothing from them.I am playing for the biggest club in England and the National team.Both managers have put their trust in me and I give 100% .            Injuries have made me mentally stronger".

Postscript : England managers Gareth Southgate said this week "Phil Jones has been our best defender in the last 2 games".

Good advice you got Phil

jones.jpg

On 09/09/2017 at 6:00 AM, Sparkles said:

Phil Jones : "When I left Blackburn and came to United one of the senior pros took me aside and told me don't ever listen to the knockers, you will learn nothing from them.I am playing for the biggest club in England and the National team.Both managers have put their trust in me and I give 100% .            Injuries have made me mentally stronger".

Postscript : England managers Gareth Southgate said this week "Phil Jones has been our best defender in the last 2 games".

Good advice you got Phil

And following Southgates compliment he decides to sit on his backside for Stokes second goal :cheesy: I thought both him and Bailly made mistakes that cost us yesterday.........that,s football.......point gained,or two lost?

Stoke certainly deserved something from the game yet Lukaku should have buried that chance late on :thumbsup:

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:47 PM, petermik said:

And following Southgates compliment he decides to sit on his backside for Stokes second goal :cheesy: I thought both him and Bailly made mistakes that cost us yesterday.........that,s football.......point gained,or two lost?

Stoke certainly deserved something from the game yet Lukaku should have buried that chance late on :thumbsup:

Well when a footballer, who never makes a mistake,  comes along please PM me !

United put four past Everton.........but in reality the scoreline flatters,I had mixed feelings before the game,Rooney returns scores the winner in the last minute....Roy of the Rovers stuff,thankfully it wasn,t to be :whistling:

A screamer of a goal from Valencia early on and that was it,disjointed performance from United for much of the game,Rooney with any luck could have had a couple of goals......poorest performance from Rashford I,ve ever seen,Everton digging in until they take Rooney off then the floodgates open.

Without playing well we managed to win,last season we would have to settle for the draw so improvement there and I,m sure Mourinho will have learnt much from this performance,can and must do better :thumbsup:

• Like 1