Manchester United

redrus

25 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

“I sit in this chair twice in the Champions League and I knock out Man United at home, at Old Trafford,” Mourinho said.

“I sit in this chair with Porto, Man United out, I sit in this chair with Real Madrid, Man United out, so I don’t think it’s something new for the club.”

Amazing how he manages to find positives about himself in the defeat ?

2 hours ago, nev said:

We lost the tie in the first leg not going for an away goal, plus add in this tie take out Mctomminey who has been excellent put in donkey Fellaini who hasn't played much, switch Rashford to the right when he tore Liverpool apart on the left so to accommodate a average Sanchez who has not settled I yet, and also dropping our most creative player in Mata.

Positives- Lukaku put in a good shift, Negatives- Pogba needs binning his attitude is shocking he is like a sulking spoilt brat.

And yes Bob glad we managed to make you lot smile again been a tough week with Sir Ken passing away RIP, and Jammie losing it with a goading dick head of Dad, fancy doing that infont of your 14 year old daughter.

Apparently Sanchez lost the ball 42 times in that match. He has to be feeling the pressure of the transfer. 

I was honestly gutted that Pogba wasn't playing in our match, you look better without him. 

Didn't manage to catch the whole game so can't comment too much.

I think the Fellaini call was a massive one, not the kind of selection that Fergie would be adverse to as he would also make surprising selections in big games - but usually the right ones! To me last night was screaming for Pogba to start and make a real impression.

As for what Mourinho said post match, think there was a lot of clutching at straws going on. 

53 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Mourinho playing a dangerous game (1) criticising the players while (2) singling out one or two for praise (Matic) - isn't this the way he lost the dressing room at Chelsea?

Hoping it's a Spurs vs ManU semi.

He said 5 were at the right level and 6 were lacking something. 

Jose has got this spot on again.....

- Defend your players in a position of weakness.  i.e. Sevilla

- Choose a moment of strength to voice your criticisms / guard against complacency.  i.e. a win which could have been better. 

Fergie used to do the same thing,  no problem....  Don't buy into the media drama just because it's a funky Portuguese accent rather than gruff Glaswegian! 

Edited by RickG16

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

He said 5 were at the right level and 6 were lacking something. 

Jose has got this spot on again.....

- Defend your players in a position of weakness.  i.e. Sevilla

- Choose a moment of strength to voice your criticisms / guard against complacency.  i.e. a win which could have been better. 

Fergie used to do the same thing,  no problem....  Don't buy into the media drama just because it's a funky Portuguese accent rather than gruff Glaswegian! 

You seem very happy with Maureen no matter what and are sounding like a disciple.

Now there are some on here who harangue Maureen no matter what; I'm not one of them. He's clearly a very talented manager but...there are times when he doesn't get it right (Premiership-winning manager to sacking in less than 6 months is witness to that). I think it's foolish to criticise some players and praise others. In my opinion he's taking a big risk here..it may come off and everybody raises their game but on the other hand the senior pros may begin to tire of his ways. Happened before. 

Edited by Bredbury Blue

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You seem very happy with Maureen no matter what and are sounding like a disciple.

Now there are some on here who harangue Maureen no matter what; I'm not one of them. He's clearly a very talented manager but...there are times when he doesn't get it right (Premiership-winning manager to sacking in less than 6 months is witness to that). I think it's foolish to criticise some players and praise others. In my opinion he's taking a big risk here..it may come off and everybody raises their game but on the other hand the senior pros may begin to tire of his ways. Happened before. 

Sorry he has every  right to call out some of the players, They are each paid a royal ransom each game and if they cannot lift to the standard required to earn that kind of wages each week he has every right to hurt their feelings.

He is the manager and he is only reiterating what a lot of our supporters are saying.

It was painful to watch again something is not quiet right I would say some are acting like spoilt brats and will be gone end of the season.

Edited by nev
Spell
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, nev said:

Sorry he has every  right to call out some of the players, They are each paid a royal ransom each game and if they cannot lift to the standard required to earn that kind of wages each week he has every right to hurt their feelings.

He is the manager and he is only reiterating what a lot of our supporters are saying.

It was painful to watch again something is not quiet right I would say some are acting like spoilt brats and will be gone end of the season.

Of course he is within his rights to call out some or all of the players, that is not open to debate,  I'm questioning (1) calling out the players in public and not behind closed doors but mainly (2) calling out SOME OF THE PLAYERS WHILE PRAISING ONE OR TWO. 

Luke Shaw needs to move on before Mourinho completely destroys him. He is a very talented lad who Mourinho seems intent on continually publicly criticising for whatever reason. Some times he acts like a school bully. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2

again stating i am a mou fan,until his departure at the Bridge , there is no need for his rants at all, its down to being beaten up, by Skull Pepe and Mcity, he knows right now he got no fluffin hope of beating them for the 2018/2019 EPL title, despite spending mega bucks etc etc ,and look at his track record always took his team who ever he managed to  premiership titles within 2 yrs  on joining them(from memory)), he has a massive fluffin ego same as The Jerk ,   Mou has raised the white flag and all his shit of late is a Get Out laying the blame on his players etc etc, therefore hiding behind his managering down falls at M/U  just recap on his career it tell you the facts , my view  Mou is Yesterdays Man

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Luke Shaw needs to move on before Mourinho completely destroys him. He is a very talented lad who Mourinho seems intent on continually publicly criticising for whatever reason. Some times he acts like a school bully. 

Jeez.... out of interest are you a united fan.

School bully :laugh:... have you seen how much he has improved under Mourinho? If he was that traumatised from the bullying he could ask for a move. But he probably wants to prove himself at one of the world's greatest clubs and learn from one of the greatest managers.

He is obviously being shown tough love because he responds well to it - or doesn't respond to pats on the back!

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

School bully :laugh:... have you seen how much he has improved under Mourinho? If he was that traumatised from the bullying he could ask for a move. But he probably wants to prove himself at one of the world's greatest clubs and learn from one of the greatest managers.

He is obviously being shown tough love because he responds well to it - or doesn't respond to pats on the back!

No im not a United fan (whatever that's got to do with it) but I am a fan of Shaw and he hasn't improved under Mourinho just become one of his whipping boys when he fancies a another predictable rant. 

8 hours ago, RickG16 said:

BBC today........yeah he really wants to prove himself and enjoys the tough love

"Luke Shaw looks set to leave Manchester United in the summer after more criticism from manager Jose Mourinho.

The left-back was substituted at half-time during Saturday's 2-0 FA Cup quarter-final victory against Brighton.

Mourinho said he had taken him off because Shaw, along with fellow full-back Antonio Valencia, had failed to follow his tactical instructions.

The 22-year-old, who is under contract until June 2019, is understood to have been upset by Mourinho's comments.

Those close to the England defender have been left furious at the public nature of Mourinho's criticism. 

Mourinho said on Saturday that he chose to substitute Shaw rather than Valencia because "at least Antonio defensively was capable of good positioning".

"Luke, in the first half, every time they came in his corridor, the cross came in and a dangerous situation was coming," the Portuguese said.

"I was not happy with his performance."

Mourinho has criticised Shaw repeatedly in the past, and publicly questioned the defender's approach to training and his commitment to the club last April.

Shaw joined United from Southampton for £27m in 2014 but was out of the game for almost a year after breaking his leg 15 months later.

United have triggered the option of an additional year on his contract but it is accepted that unless Mourinho markedly changes his view of Shaw, it is likely the full-back will be sold.

He has made 15 appearances for United this season, and has seven England caps."

Guardian headlines:

"How did José Mourinho turn £89m Pogba into the anti-Scott McTominay?

The inexperienced McTominay is seen as being a more reliable choice than Pogba for Manchester United"

Is Pogba really as good as reputed? Is he going to come good at ManU or will they sell him on?

15 hours ago, Kadilo said:

BBC today........yeah he really wants to prove himself and enjoys the tough love

"Luke Shaw looks set to leave Manchester United in the summer after more criticism from manager Jose Mourinho.

The left-back was substituted at half-time during Saturday's 2-0 FA Cup quarter-final victory against Brighton.

Mourinho said he had taken him off because Shaw, along with fellow full-back Antonio Valencia, had failed to follow his tactical instructions.

The 22-year-old, who is under contract until June 2019, is understood to have been upset by Mourinho's comments.

Those close to the England defender have been left furious at the public nature of Mourinho's criticism. 

Mourinho said on Saturday that he chose to substitute Shaw rather than Valencia because "at least Antonio defensively was capable of good positioning".

"Luke, in the first half, every time they came in his corridor, the cross came in and a dangerous situation was coming," the Portuguese said.

"I was not happy with his performance."

Mourinho has criticised Shaw repeatedly in the past, and publicly questioned the defender's approach to training and his commitment to the club last April.

Shaw joined United from Southampton for £27m in 2014 but was out of the game for almost a year after breaking his leg 15 months later.

United have triggered the option of an additional year on his contract but it is accepted that unless Mourinho markedly changes his view of Shaw, it is likely the full-back will be sold.

He has made 15 appearances for United this season, and has seven England caps."

Same rumours when Mourinho first got tough on him. Since then he has posted photos of both of them embracing on his instagram, and said all the right things in interviews.

It depends who you believe - if he really wants to leave it's a shame but if you can't take the heat.....

Mourinho is not there to make friends. We have a job on our hands to catch up with City, and if you are a player who isn't progressing at a fast enough rate for the manager, it might be best of both parties. Ashley Young has been levels above him this season.

I just hope Fellaini and Martial are on the 'OUT' list come the end of the season. 

Edited by RickG16

No problem at all with our cockney support. A lot of them supported us through the 70s when we were pants.

Do have a problem with contrived ways of improving the atmosphere. Standing section is a good idea, but at the end of the day an atmosphere needs to be spontaneous. Next thing they'll be suggesting a band. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RickG16 said:

No problem at all with our cockney support. A lot of them supported us through the 70s when we were pants.

Do have a problem with contrived ways of improving the atmosphere. Standing section is a good idea, but at the end of the day an atmosphere needs to be spontaneous. Next thing they'll be suggesting a band. 

Those ar***oles from Sheffield Wednesday have a lot to answer for. They were banned from taking their instruments into the ground at Bolton.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I supported you lot during the 70s, it was brilliant, especially 74 :smile:. I've even got all of your promotion season programmes bar one (exchanged with a red for 5 school dinner tickets). I'm such a fan!

13 hours ago, champers said:

Those ar***oles from Sheffield Wednesday have a lot to answer for. They were banned from taking their instruments into the ground at Bolton.

Do the FA still pay them to go to all the England games? For the sake of this WC I hope not.