Manchester United

redrus

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Its a widely shared view that Mourinho is yesterdays man."

Is it? I think that view maybe a little premature. Have you seen his honours list (see link below)? Two seasons ago he won the Premier and I think he was manager of the year. He's moved to a club very much in transition. He won trophies with them last season. He has improved them since the days of Moyes and VanGaal. There have been some excellent Mourinho teams though the current one needs some work. I think he is getting there but I hope I'm wrong and ManU don't become the real deal. This 'has been' looks like he might finish this season above the media darlings and "today's men" Klopp and Poch. I think you need to hold on a few more seasons to see if he is a yesterday man - I suspect he's not.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Mourinho

Fluff his honours list    ,it was three seasons ago (as this one is over bar the shouting)since his last EPL title,  i could further pull your post to peices, but triggy, why make a mug out of you  , his  M/U  2 seasons tenure has been a failure , and De  Gea goal keeping performances has glossed over those facts, Mou has next season to pull a rabbitt out of a#se,   for mine he is a dead man walking  ,  hence his normal behaviour coming out of filthy trap of late, Skull Pepe has his measure, and having such a huge ego, it must be ripping him  in two, when he  joined  M/U  with a open  cheque book  my view was that he would have them  winning  or at least challenging for the title this season   again  Skull Pepe has fluffed him, a long range tip, Mou will be lucky to see out next season in full

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

He certainly has one of the top two squads.

Conte is nowhere in this...top three manager you're having a laugh.

Klopp and Poch are well ahead of him and both still improving.

That's the thing about Mourinho ...he no longer will get better or adapt so its curtains for him.

Yeah all correct and of course theres a very strong argument that says having spent 500m in less than three years Pep bloody well should be walking away with the league.  As well as City have played it was entirely to be expected.  Don't listen to the City fans getting pissed because they don't think they get the credit.  The credit largely goes to the owner for handing over so much money.

Mourinho just plays containment football now but unfortunately that doesn't cut it at elite level against elite clubs with top managers.  Spurs absolutely cut through United and it was so easy and talk of him being one of the top three managers in the league is utter baloney.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Bladdy hell Ronnie, are we on that same road again? Another Spud who won't give Pep the credit he deserves.

And City fans are still hung up on it not being about the money.  Same same, eh!

48 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Conte is nowhere in this...top three manager you're having a laugh.

Klopp and Poch are well ahead of him 

triggy is on another planet .with his conte selection.but on the money with  skull pepe. poch the poodle is a worry though.  empty handed so far .and being losers levy lead poodle is another karma to carry      skull pepe with klipperty klopp . daylight third are my picks

Edited by evenstevens

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

And City fans are still hung up on it not being about the money.  Same same, eh!

Who said anything about money not being involved? For the umpteenth time, we KNOW we have spent a lot of money but so have many other clubs. This season at City it has been about how Pep has set up the team to play some of the best football the prem has seen and without a shadow of a doubt, he has improved every single player he inherited. I doubt very much any other manager could have done the same.

I have conversations about this subject with supporters of many clubs and they all admit that Pep is a great manager...............with the exception of some Spurs fans who are just hung up on the money. For info, I read an article last week that values the total sum of our players to be worth almost double what we paid. I'll try and find it and post it on the city thread

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Who said anything about money not being involved? For the umpteenth time, we KNOW we have spent a lot of money but so have many other clubs. This season at City it has been about how Pep has set up the team to play some of the best football the prem has seen and without a shadow of a doubt, he has improved every single player he inherited. I doubt very much any other manager could have done the same.

I have conversations about this subject with supporters of many clubs and they all admit that Pep is a great manager...............with the exception of some Spurs fans who are just hung up on the money. For info, I read an article last week that values the total sum of our players to be worth almost double what we paid. I'll try and find it and post it on the city thread

No stop telling porkies, Spurs fans do say quite openly what a fine manager he is.  You are simply not telling the truth.  

Perhaps its because were just not as impressed as you and other City fans think we should be.  Thats your problem that you need to get over.  Just like Pep has to get over being so prickly the moment a journalist mentions the money he's spent or his inheritance of arguably the finest since to grace the planet, although one could argue late eighties Milan were as good, but i'm sure you take my point.

• Like 2

Klopp; manager / coach since July 2001
Honours Manager
Mainz 05
• Bundesliga promotion: 2003-04
Borussia Dortmund
• Bundesliga: 2010–11, 2011–12
• DFB-Pokal: 2011–12
• DFL-Supercup: 2013, 2014
Individual
• German Football Manager of the Year: 2011,2012

4 x League Champions, 2 x Cups, last trophy was cup in 2014.

Conte; manager / coach since Feb 2006
Honours Manager
Bari
• Serie B: 2008–09 [1]
Juventus
• Serie A: 2011–12, 2012–13, 2013–14 [3]
• Supercoppa Italiana: 2012, 2013 [2]
Chelsea
• Premier League: 2016–17 [1]
Individual
• Serie A Coach of the Year: 2011–12, 2012–13,[139] 2013–14
• Premier League Manager of the Season: 2016–17[145]

4 x League Champions, 2 x Cups, last trophy was last season.

Poch; manager / coach since Jan 2009
Honours Manager
NOTHING WON!

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

No stop telling porkies, Spurs fans do say quite openly what a fine manager he is.  You are simply not telling the truth.  

Perhaps its because were just not as impressed as you and other City fans think we should be.  Thats your problem that you need to get over.  Just like Pep has to get over being so prickly the moment a journalist mentions the money he's spent or his inheritance of arguably the finest since to grace the planet, although one could argue late eighties Milan were as good, but i'm sure you take my point.

Sorry mate. I don't tell porkies. Ronnie's post earlier and several of your posts in the past always focus on the money. Ronnie didn't say "Citeh bought the PL but credit to Pep" Nope, he simply said "Citeh bought the league but he can't buy the CL...."  Read that slowly to yourself, there is absolutely no credit to Pep whatsoever, in fact the complete opposite 

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Sorry mate. I don't tell porkies. Ronnie's post earlier and several of your posts in the past always focus on the money. Ronnie didn't say "Citeh bought the PL but credit to Pep" Nope, he simply said "Citeh bought the league but he can't buy the CL...."  Read that slowly to yourself, there is absolutely no credit to Pep whatsoever, in fact the complete opposite 

Read my post again please!  I said its nonsense that Spurs fans don't acknowledge Pep as a fine manager.  It is nonsense. They all do.  Perhaps we just show a more balanced view that irks?

17 minutes ago, carmine said:

Perhaps we just show a more balanced view that irks?

you been back 5 mins.and immediately take offense ( again and again) that m.city are splashing the cash to win the epl.title whilst your club spuds led by loser levy  are the biggest bean counters in the top 6.and have not won a freckle.this leaves with out doubt you are a very poor loser

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Question for Carmine: Do YOU acknowledge Pep as a fine manager?

I ask as I get the impression from reading your earlier posts over the years that you don't recognise Pep as a fine manager but put it all down to him having money to buy players.

Of course Pep is a fine manager but to be become a great manger he will have to win trophies with a club that isn't one of the top spenders in the country such as City are and Barce and Munich were ! 

While he is only winning trophies after spending large money on Transfers and Salaries the jury will always be out !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine's back. Interestingly I can now see Alfie viewing. Jekyll and Hyde or Siamese twins.

yeah . just need the other fruit loop .(drivers window) for the spuds trio to work in gang style( .again) of busting up posts on this footy forum which do not fit in with loser leveys.low life apprasial of the epl..nice to see the two mugs back.as the drivers window needed them..brace myself for a gang tackle.  giddy up

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Your squad strength is considerably better than anyone else and that is a big factor.

Few injuries too but he has you playing very good style of football this year.

No way I am saying he's a bad coach but its an easier job than most for him regards player availability and quality to do the required job.

48 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Your squad strength is considerably better than anyone else and that is a big factor.

Few injuries too but he has you playing very good style of football this year.

No way I am saying he's a bad coach but its an easier job than most for him regards player availability and quality to do the required job.

and the m.city squad are paid accordingly to their professiomal  services.a major contribition to  having a strong happy squad etc etc.unlike your low c.man  loser levy of ripping players off etc etc  .no wonder your spuds have.nt reached your expectations to win the epl or cl titles.and the future is no brighter either  .enjoy it 

Pogba vs Russia... positive body language, great passing, looking for runners all the time, and of course... the goal.

He played in the same position as he has for United recently (when he has played).

So why can't he play like this for us recently? 

Looking for more insight than "Mourinho is yesterday's man"

Edited by RickG16
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Thats just nonsense.  

26 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

OK then. Sorry. Maybe you can read between the lines better than me. I was merely reading what was written

Sorry but i'm struggling with the reality of all this which is that i'm having to prove to you, and presumably BB that i believe Pep to be a fine manager!!  Bar the fact that i've said it on here a number of times do you get how bizarre i find this?  Incidentally, if it also helps i can confirm that i've also referred to David Silva as world class.  Now, if the pair of you had bothered to read my posts then i would not be having to respond to these hang ups.  Its there in black and white!!  i've also said

Thats me done, what Ronnie says or does is his business, but i will stand by what i have posted.

(Perhaps you could remind that E/S that i have him on ignore so unless i have the misfortune of someone quoting him i don't see anymore of his boorish anti semitic bile. Thanks.)

11 minutes ago, carmine said:

Sorry but i'm struggling with the reality of all this which is that i'm having to prove to you, and presumably BB that i believe Pep to be a fine manager!!  Bar the fact that i've said it on here a number of times do you get how bizarre i find this?  Incidentally, if it also helps i can confirm that i've also referred to David Silva as world class.  Now, if the pair of you had bothered to read my posts then i would not be having to respond to these hang ups.  Its there in black and white!!  i've also said

Thats me done, what Ronnie says or does is his business, but i will stand by what i have posted.

(Perhaps you could remind that E/S that i have him on ignore so unless i have the misfortune of someone quoting him i don't see anymore of his boorish anti semitic bile. Thanks.)

cannot help your self.can you..  gave the footy forum the royal kyber.now back posting more trolling vile.if you were a man and had a little fortitude   your self imposed exile from the footy forum would still stand

1 minute ago, evenstevens said:

cannot help your self.can you..  gave the footy forum the royal kyber.now back posting more trolling vile.if you were a man and had a little fortitude   your self imposed exile from the footy forum would still stand

appologies double post