Manchester United

redrus

Earlier today: “To go to the Juventus level? Barcelona? Real Madrid? How can you reach that level? Manchester City level? It’s not also easy. It’s not also easy, because many of the players they will go these top teams, so we work with what we have, we try to improve what we have."

Now: "Oy Carrick, is it safe to come out yet?"

Mourinho_Hides.png

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Earlier today: “To go to the Juventus level? Barcelona? Real Madrid? How can you reach that level? Manchester City level? It’s not also easy. It’s not also easy, because many of the players they will go these top teams, so we work with what we have, we try to improve what we have.

Source?

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I see the team bus was late again. Jose even got off and walked to the ground. After much bigger nights than this at OT in the history of the club, it's pretty shocking that they can't get to the ground on time

He popped into Lou Macari's for babbies 'ead and chips .. with gravy, obviously.

• Like 1

I wouldn't read anything into that result even though Juventus were way better.....they are chasing the CL and at least a final spot......whereas Man Utd are chasing a top four spot in the Premiership.

Incredible really but Juve are a far more potent squad....anyone know how much they have spent on their team over the last three years or so?

8 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I wouldn't read anything into that result even though Juventus were way better.....they are chasing the CL and at least a final spot......whereas Man Utd are chasing a top four spot in the Premiership.

Incredible really but Juve are a far more potent squad....anyone know how much they have spent on their team over the last three years or so?

Don't know Ronnie, but outside of CR7 not much I'd guess. They are a very well run club. Bukos of dosh for Pogba and a bit for Higuain.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jellydog said:

outside of CR7 not much I'd guess

Is that because Ronaldo is the only one you've heard of before? Perhaps you should guess less and educate yourself more.

They bought Bonucci, Douglas Costa and a Portuguese winger in the summer. All of them cost at least 35 million Euros each.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Don't know Ronnie, but outside of CR7 not much I'd guess. They are a very well run club. Bukos of dosh for Pogba and a bit for Higuain.

If they get three good years out of Ronaldo they will have had value for money....he's an incredible player.

• Like 1

Is that arsenal szezceny in goal for juve?

yh top team juventus and it's definitely not madrid year this year so the chance is there for a lot of teams but you have got to want it right through the club it's gotta be yearned for so city will do a dance to the quarters again but that is it.  United have more chance.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Source?

It's all over t'internet Rick but how about this link

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-united-mourinho-news-15320294

But i prefer this one...

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/manchester-united-fans-rage-at-jose-mourinho-comparing-him-to-david-moyes-after-damning-man-city-comments

That's got to hurt being compared with Moyes...and this seems to be what some of you reds have been saying (from a red)

You have had 3 years to build a world class team. You get static Matic in midfield, a donkey up front, 2 CBs who you can't be arsed to develop, Mkhi who you wasted, Sanchez & Ibra who are finished at the top level, Fred who you don't play and Dalot who you leave at home

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Is that because Ronaldo is the only one you've heard of before? Perhaps you should guess less and educate yourself more.

They bought Bonucci, Douglas Costa and a Portuguese winger in the summer. All of them cost at least 35 million Euros each.

I'm well aware of Juve's purchases. A very well run club, so much different from that festering sore you support.:smile:

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It's all over t'internet Rick but how about this link

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-united-mourinho-news-15320294

But i prefer this one...

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/manchester-united-fans-rage-at-jose-mourinho-comparing-him-to-david-moyes-after-damning-man-city-comments

That's got to hurt being compared with Moyes...and this seems to be what some of you reds have been saying (from a red)

You have had 3 years to build a world class team. You get static Matic in midfield, a donkey up front, 2 CBs who you can't be arsed to develop, Mkhi who you wasted, Sanchez & Ibra who are finished at the top level, Fred who you don't play and Dalot who you leave at home

OK fair enough. I watched both post match interviews + press conference but don't remember him name checking those teams. But he must have done.

Although we need to strengthen the squad, we still expect to be challenging these top teams. Don't be fooled... this is Jose's way of managing expectations in the short term, and also reminding the Woodward that he needs to get the cheque book out. 

36 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

OK fair enough. I watched both post match interviews + press conference but don't remember him name checking those teams. But he must have done.

Although we need to strengthen the squad, we still expect to be challenging these top teams. Don't be fooled... this is Jose's way of managing expectations in the short term, and also reminding the Woodward that he needs to get the cheque book out. 

358 million in the past 2 years and he comes out with that? 

I can see why some fans are disgruntled and saying “he’s gone the full Moyes’”

10 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Realistically a) we are not going to topple City overnight and b) although we've spent that money we undoubtedly do still need to strengthen some areas....... so it was the right thing to say. 

As I said, I do still think (and I think Jose thinks) we can challenge and beat those teams on our day. But with a patchy central defence for now it ain't going to be easy. 

16 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Fault here lies as much with the chairman....a LOT of duff buying and their current striker is number one on that list for me!

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Realistically a) we are not going to topple City overnight and b) although we've spent that money we undoubtedly do still need to strengthen some areas....... so it was the right thing to say. 

As I said, I do still think (and I think Jose thinks) we can challenge and beat those teams on our day. But with a patchy central defence for now it ain't going to be easy. 

Not buying a central defender in the summer was a repeat of the Liverpool fiasco the season before....why did your chairman not learn from that??

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I’m still not convinced he genuinely wants to see his contract out there. 

He spend 3/4 of his interview bumming up Juve and their beautiful football, particularly their centre halves which Rio Ferdinand said was another dig at upstairs. 

Granted he did say at the end of the interview that Lindelof had his best game since joining. 

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

I’m still not convinced he genuinely wants to see his contract out there. 

He spend 3/4 of his interview bumming up Juve and their beautiful football, particularly their centre halves which Rio Ferdinand said was another dig at upstairs. 

Granted he did say at the end of the interview that Lindelof had his best game since joining. 

I see what you are saying... but on the contrary I think he knows he is in this for the long haul, but understands we have a way to go to be the best team in the country again. So he plays us down and other teams up in order to manage expectations.

Wouldn't be surprised if we went to Turin and did them. 

16 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Fault here lies as much with the chairman....a LOT of duff buying and their current striker is number one on that list for me!

If u mean lukaue Thats hard .. he's scored 20 in 43  games.. granted his form ISNT good atm but if he were to leave tommorow with those stats  he'd hardly go down as 'duff'

29 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Are you  saying Mourinho didn’t want Lukaku, Lindelhof and Bailly

Edited by Kadilo

7 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I see what you are saying... but on the contrary I think he knows he is in this for the long haul, but understands we have a way to go to be the best team in the country again. So he plays us down and other teams up in order to manage expectations.

Wouldn't be surprised if we went to Turin and did them. 

Fair enough. 

As an aside, how do you personally feel about Pogba posing for photos with their player after the game, holding a Juve gift bag?

media stirring up shit or ill judged on his part?

i can’t imagine the likes of Keane in his day allowing such goings on. As innocent as it may be, to me  it just seems another way of antagonising the fans after a defeat. 

Edited by Kadilo

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Fair enough. 

As an aside, how do you personally feel about Pogba posing for photos with their player after the game, holding a Juve gift bag?

media stirring up shit or ill judged on his part?

i can’t imagine the likes of Keane in his day allowing such goings on. As innocent as it may be, to me  it just seems another way of antagonising the fans after a defeat. 

Actually just seen the photo, had been meaning to Google it after hearing about it.

It's worth remembering he is a former team mate / friend, and I'm not sure Pogba knew the photo would go public, but still it's another example of Pogba's unbelievable naiveity sometimes. Can you imagine if Keane was still in the dressing room? ???????? Not sure Ashley Young is quite as scary a prospect. 

As for utd's cb/ defensive  situation. They should be sound .  bailly. After signing he looked abso amazing .. not so great since he returned but it'll come,  and the rest.. smalling jones and linderhoff..  should be up there with the best in the prem  and with matic sitting in front they should be sound and if it aint imo just a matter of getting a settled line up and giving it some time 

Oh and i know your goalkeeper got plaudits for his saves against juve   . However he dont fill me with confidence atm perhaps a victim of the chopping and changing of those in front of him, however that free kick he parried ..REALLY  the pundits raved.. however imo ANY PREM goalkeeper should be able to deal a shot VIRTUALLY straight at him.. i know it swerved even so..

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Actually just seen the photo, had been meaning to Google it after hearing about it.

It's worth remembering he is a former team mate / friend, and I'm not sure Pogba knew the photo would go public, but still it's another example of Pogba's unbelievable naiveity sometimes. Can you imagine if Keane was still in the dressing room? ???????? Not sure Ashley Young is quite as scary a prospect. 

As a fan, even though it’s not even my team, it makes my blood boil when I see this kind of antic. I’m not sure he’s naive, more antagonistic. 

On the kind of money he’s in he should be an Ambassodor for the club. One of the biggest sides in the world who are underperforming should at least be portraying the right image, attitude and commitment on and off the pitch. 

To be honest, I think it comes from the manager himself. I dont believe he leading by example and the two of them seem to be like 2 peas in a pod playing games with each

other and the media. 

Of course I could be getting  sucked in by the media circus, I accept that, but looking in from outside I see a lot of things that don’t seem right, and  not trying to diss United as a club. As I’ve said before I want all our teams to be doing well in Europe, not one off the biggest club’s manager saying they are fighting for second place on the group with Valencia. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

As a fan, even though it’s not even my team, it makes my blood boil when I see this kind of antic. I’m not sure he’s naive, more antagonistic. 

On the kind of money he’s in he should be an Ambassodor for the club. One of the biggest sides in the world who are underperforming should at least be portraying the right image, attitude and commitment on and off the pitch. 

To be honest, I think it comes from the manager himself. I dont believe he leading by example and the two of them seem to be like 2 peas in a pod playing games with each

other and the media. 

Of course I could be getting  sucked in by the media circus, I accept that, but looking in from outside I see a lot of things that don’t seem right, and  not trying to know United as a club. As I’ve said before I want all our teams to be doing well in Europe, not one off the biggest club’s manager saying they are fighting for second place on the group with Valencia. 

I don't think he did it deliberately to antagonise the fans.

Think of it this way - if you worked for a company for 3-4 years, and while you were there that company became a market leader and you were an important part of that, even if you moved to a competitor you would expect a warm welcome when you saw them again. Taking pics and giving you a goodie bag wouldn't seem so weird....

Now obviously football is completely different as it is very tribal and played on a public stage. So again Pogba is being completely misguided because he didn't think of the connotations the photo would have if made public. But if he had done it behind closed doors I have no problem with it. He is a human being... and he spent 3-4 very good years at Juve. It's not like they are our arch rivals. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I don't think he did it deliberately to antagonise the fans.

Think of it this way - if you worked for a company for 3-4 years, and while you were there that company became a market leader and you were an important part of that, even if you moved to a competitor you would expect a warm welcome when you saw them again. Taking pics and giving you a goodie bag wouldn't seem so weird....

Now obviously football is completely different as it is very tribal and played on a public stage. So again Pogba is being completely misguided because he didn't think of the connotations the photo would have if made public. But if he had done it behind closed doors I have no problem with it. He is a human being... and he spent 3-4 very good years at Juve. It's not like they are our arch rivals. 

I bow to your greater knowledge of your club and it’s players although I would find it difficult to see how Mourinho could criticise the players doing this kind of stuff on social media when he is saying things in the media, as a player I wouldn’t want to hear. 

Goes back to what myself you and Ronnie said earlier. It wouldn’t have happened under Keane, Fergie and others but you had strong leaders who led by example and played for the badge and a manager who people were wary to cross. 

I don’t see that anymore. 

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

I bow to your greater knowledge of your club and it’s players although I would find it difficult to see how Mourinho could criticise the players doing this kind of stuff on social media when he is saying things in the media, as a player I wouldn’t want to hear. 

Goes back to what myself you and Ronnie said earlier. It wouldn’t have happened under Keane, Fergie and others but you had strong leaders who led by example and played for the badge and a manager who people were wary to cross. 

I don’t see that anymore. 

True there is less strong leaders.... but remember in Keano's day there was no social media. You could go for a chat with former team mates and a club you spent good years at, without it being made public or misinterpreted. 

And less strong leaders in English football generally. Look at the England WC team... very good team but you wouldn't really say Kane is a super strong leader. The closest in that team might be Henderson who wasn't even always first choice... compare to the 90s... Adams, Pearce, Ince, Shearer etc etc !

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I have to admire your support of Utd, however I see things differently to you...…….

We will not be "challenging these top teams" with this style of play and set up and we are not even close to our rivals in the EPL and this is so close to the truth as to be embarrassing...........You have had 3 years to build a world class team. You get static Matic in midfield, a donkey up front, 2 CBs who you can't be arsed to develop, Mkhi who you wasted, Sanchez & Ibra who are finished at the top level, Fred who you don't play and Dalot who you leave at home.

Although the Chairman holds the chequebook, Mourinho has some (if not a lot) of say in who is bought and so far those purchases have not filled me with enthusiasm. Furthermore the way he plays Rashford, Sanchez and Martial and his style of play, coupled with his obvious poor man-management skills, leave me in despair.

6 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I have to admire your support of Utd, however I see things differently to you...…….

We will not be "challenging these top teams" with this style of play and set up and we are not even close to our rivals in the EPL and this is so close to the truth as to be embarrassing...........You have had 3 years to build a world class team. You get static Matic in midfield, a donkey up front, 2 CBs who you can't be arsed to develop, Mkhi who you wasted, Sanchez & Ibra who are finished at the top level, Fred who you don't play and Dalot who you leave at home.

Although the Chairman holds the chequebook, Mourinho has some (if not a lot) of say in who is bought and so far those purchases have not filled me with enthusiasm. Furthermore the way he plays Rashford, Sanchez and Martial and his style of play, coupled with his obvious poor man-management skills, leave me in despair.

You might admire his support but he's hopelessly out of touch with reality!!  In years gone by Jose was the master of managing expectations, deflecting criticism of his players to him.  He also had an aura about him, his word was the way, not to be questioned.

Then we come to now, the present, where he throws his players publicly under the bus, never accepts any personal blame and makes an absolute knob of himself in post match press conferences, his word is constantly questioned and after spending over 400m its highly questionable whether he's moved the team on at all, with television pundits discussing the highly embarrassing question of what Guardiola would have achieved with the same players over the same length of time.

Thats the real situation whether blind rose tinted loyalty cares to accept it or not.  I personally would rather be down to earth and honest about my teams situation as i think i am, and believe me, you'll not find many happy Spurs fans this thursday morning!!!

United played a lot better second half at Chelsea but that needs repeating and built on.  Juve are a top notch side but to be so hopelessly outplayed like that?  At three years into his tenure and all that money spent!!  Come on, its plainly nowhere near good enough.  Only a clown would suggest different.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1