Rude & Disgusting Old Men In Public Pools

Hishoni1945

Is it just me, that goes for a swim at a hotel- or condo-pool and almost every single time there is some low life blowing his nose in the water, coughing up his phlegm, having his "gf" taking care of his pimples or even cutting his toenails in the water?! I am travelling a lot and I see this kind of behavior mainly here in Pattaya.

I can see many people leaving the pool, disgusted, so do I. But how to react towards such a disrespectful person? Usually I am so upset, that I got a be careful not to go overboard and just walk away with another afternoon spoiled. Yeah, I have not mentioned the "Not-Taking a Shower". This seems to be standard around here anyway.sick.gif

Everytime I go swimming there is a slightly overweight English guy in the pool, but that is why I need to go swimming.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Great & Thanks...You made me smile again clap2.gif .......The guy this afternoon was grossly overweight.....Wasn't you....?? Just kidding...Have a great Sunday.smile.pngsmile.png

You must remember that many come to LOS for a cheap holiday, perhaps never been in a pool since childhood. What they do in a pool is probably what they do in the weekly bath. sad.png

In Florida once, was having a swim, this guy was at the side watching stuff, when l noticed the water was yellow around him, hmmmmm, you guessed it. bah.gif

You must remember that many come to LOS for a cheap holiday, perhaps never been in a pool since childhood. What they do in a pool is probably what they do in the weekly bath. sad.png

In Florida once, was having a swim, this guy was at the side watching stuff, when l noticed the water was yellow around him, hmmmmm, you guessed it. bah.gif

Well at least it never turned brown but I'm sure it happens...hit-the-fan.gif

I use to live in park lane in jomtein, some of the sights you saw around that pool and lobby were shocking, mainly old scandi guys in their g-strings with beer bellys hanging over.

We have moved to a lovely, private house now on dark side, will never live in a condo again......well not unless the missus disappears one day with the kids and I end up becoming a whore monger again!

Edited by hotandhumid
  • Like 1

Heck...try Bangladeshi hags in the pool in their full native gowns - or better yet Mali Muslim monsters coughing, hacking, and relieving themselves in the pristine waters of the hotel pool. Or the final insult; Buriram tarts in the love pond with their new Euro swains.

Poop - poop; bubble - bubble.

Perhaps it is the only time some of these people can actually fully clean their bodies.

I had a mate once who always used the ploy ,when his the had finished eating the evening meal, by volunteering to wash the dishes as "it was the only time he could get his fingernails clean". He never washed the dishes as a result.

Some of them are even worse and do it from the diving board!

I'll get my coat.

• Like 1

I got thrown out of my Condo Pool area twice recently - The first time was when the security guy accused me of molesting the kids but he was wrong, it was just that the S had come of my Speedo trunks and the second time was when I was caught peeing in the pool. I suppose that doing it from the 2nd top diving board was not a good idea.....

Joking aside.....my condo pool has several very overweight soap dodgers lolling around in it every day.....they come from the European country with the least consuption of soap on a global basis.???....another bug bear for pools is podgy Indian men who decide to swim in their underpants...eeeugh....!!!

Condos. All the restrictions of apartment living, coupled with the risks of home ownership. bah.gif

No obvious risks if you rent. And the "restrictions" generally seem to be no dogs, no loud music, no burglars. All of which sounds pretty good to me, especially when combined with other "inconveniences" like a huge free guarded car-park, close proximity to the beach, restaurants, shops and public transport, and a cracking view. Not forgetting that I can shut the door and go away for an hour or a day or a month or a year without even having to think about what's happening whilst I'm away.

I keep trying to work out what I could possibly gain by living in a house in Thailand, and I still haven't got beyond "termites".

• Like 1

Condos. All the restrictions of apartment living, coupled with the risks of home ownership. bah.gif

No obvious risks if you rent. And the "restrictions" generally seem to be no dogs, no loud music, no burglars. All of which sounds pretty good to me, especially when combined with other "inconveniences" like a huge free guarded car-park, close proximity to the beach, restaurants, shops and public transport, and a cracking view. Not forgetting that I can shut the door and go away for an hour or a day or a month or a year without even having to think about what's happening whilst I'm away.

I keep trying to work out what I could possibly gain by living in a house in Thailand, and I still haven't got beyond "termites".

If you tell yourself enough times you will begin to believe it. Good luck with your rabbit hutch, I'll take my large house with private garden and 24/7 security any day of the week. Free car parking in my drive, 200m from the beach and close to the shops and restaurants. Maybe a cost issue?

If you tell yourself enough times you will begin to believe it. Good luck with your rabbit hutch, I'll take my large house with private garden and 24/7 security any day of the week. Free car parking in my drive, 200m from the beach and close to the shops and restaurants. Maybe a cost issue?

Not at all.

Does your house have a view? Not many in Pattaya do, unless they are way out in the boonies where I wouldn't want to be.

For me a view is very important, and if you are concerned about size then it's easy enough to find a condo here that is larger than most houses.

Here I have a 65sqm studio which, combined with the spaciousness I get from the view, is all I need or want. My last house was 500sqm (with a cracking 210 degree mountain view) but I don't miss the extra space at all.

Perhaps where you are you need 24/7 security. whistling.gif

Not at all.

Does your house have a view? Not many in Pattaya do, unless they are way out in the boonies where I wouldn't want to be.

For me a view is very important, and if you are concerned about size then it's easy enough to find a condo here that is larger than most houses.

Here I have a 65sqm studio which, combined with the spaciousness I get from the view, is all I need or want. My last house was 500sqm (with a cracking 210 degree mountain view) but I don't miss the extra space at all.

Now now, iv'e told you a million times not to exaggerate!!

Not at all.

I get fed up with mowing my 2 football pitches grass as the cuttings always get in my Olympic sized swimming pool, BUT, l don't have to walk far to the pool side bar for refreshment while l tell the staff to deal with it. The rain also pisses me off as the Ferrari looks non hi-so with water splashes, BUT, the staff deal with that thank heavens. Life's a bitch sometimes. rolleyes.gif

Since OP's topic have been completely derailed I will have my say as well.

Family = house any day, its very nice and peacefully where I live, my son can play in the garden, the bit older kids playing on the sois on their bicycles or playing in the public pool (where everybody behaves nicely)

Living alone like Darrel = condo

That was not hard to figure out was it??

If they blow their nose and cough phlegm into the pool, I'm glad i am not allowed in one.

I do miss having a bath though. I used to love watching the bubbles rise through the water to explode some noxious gas into the air when I let rip !!

and if you are concerned about size then it's easy enough to find a condo here that is larger than most houses.

I was serious. No shortage of 200+sqm condos in and around Pattaya, and plenty of houses that are a lot smaller than that.

Not all condos are 1MB rabbit hutches.

Hi Mr. Real-Deal

I have 2 large, nice condos in 2 well known middle to upper-middle class buildings with very mixed clientele. Unfortunately where there are cheap studios for rent, there will be low class tenants. This is often being discussed by us owners as most problems of any kind are caused by tenants, not owners. You are right, would I be living in North Shore or one of the top buildings, there might be less Pattaya trash. Was really upset that afternoon I started this topic, but am aware I would have to change cities/country to totally avoid that kind of people. Just hard to imagine somebody would not feel any embarrassment at all behaving like this.

At least we got a discussion going. Doubt the piggies read at all..

Have a nice evening. JH.