Bangkok BTS Proudly Achieves Tokyo-Grade Passenger Discomfort

george

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really wouldn't be all that bad, but I have found there is some weird cultural thing with this. You can be on a train with 80% women, and somehow 2 men will be lodged up in your <deleted>. It aint no coincidence either, and no i dont smell :). Anyway, bummer. Funny read by the way. Maybe if bkk lessens the number of trains they can be the proud #1 spot holder.

It really wouldn't be all that bad, but I have found there is some weird cultural thing with this. You can be on a train with 80% women, and somehow 2 men will be lodged up in your <deleted>. It aint no coincidence either, and no i dont smell smile.png. Anyway, bummer. Funny read by the way. Maybe if bkk lessens the number of trains they can be the proud #1 spot holder.

"Maybe if bkk lessens the number of trains". You mean they have more than ONE ?whistling.gif
  • Like 1

i remember riding the BTS on opening day long ago...it was free and of course the thais had never ridden a system like it before and couldn't figure out the turnstyles etc.....and it was too expensive without very many special passes etc and i remember lot of thai gals telling me "cheaper to ride bus or share taxi"... ...for the first year or so it was wonderfully empty most of the time so was sorta like having your own personal train to haul you around...then it changed, more passes and discounts and the thai people discovered it ....i also rode MRT the day it opened...seems it hasn't reached the levels of crowds of the BTS yet....

It would seem to be relatively simple to add more trains but i don't claim to understand what might be involved in that...so i just now try to avoid it during rush hours as best as possible..

Edited by pomchop

Why have they put an extra carriage on the Silom line which only has eight stations? Would it not be better to put extra carriages on the Sukhumvit line which has twenty one stations? I suppose that's Thai mentality again.

" to the TRT and offspring parties that withheld funding from the Democrat-led BMA,"

BITEC has had its connecting corridor to Bang Na Station completed for around a year now. However it only goes to the BITEC boundary. Maybe 150 M of 'air' in between there and the station. No sign of action from BTS /BMA.

Is it the above politics that are causing the problem? Fuc_k the plebs, as usual?

Edited by Screws

<deleted> is this

Well, it's not April 1st, but it is "-- notthenation 2012-06-19. " Too difficult to figure out??

Why have they put an extra carriage on the Silom line which only has eight stations? Would it not be better to put extra carriages on the Sukhumvit line which has twenty one stations? I suppose that's Thai mentality again.

Actually the number of carriages probably has more to do with the number of people boarding rather than the number of stations.

I was wondering how many posts it would take before someone managed to get in a racist slur. I suppose that's the farang mentality again.

Edited by Suradit69

Can't stand the BTS and try to avoid it where ever possible. The MRT is significantly better. However, the BTS is not as bad as the version in KL which puts seating islands in the middle of the carriage thus ensuring there is no standing space at all and a nightmare to get out of.

two guys beat me to the draw - but never mind. I believe the article is making false claims about matching performance of Japan. Thai commuters have never been treated so gently as those in Japan. So what's the next milestone? Indian statistics on passenger volume?

post-21351-0-19319000-1340162930_thumb.j

post-21351-0-56682100-1340162940_thumb.j

Hahah, very good article :-D

BTW I go to work by MRT and BTS. For me MRT is far worst, maybe because I take MRT before and it's already 8:30 when I use BTS. The days I need to take MRT earlier around 7:30 I have to wait 4 or 5 trains until I can get in even with the great frequency. Maybe I am lucky but I never had to wait for the next BTS (fingers crossed)

i remember riding the BTS on opening day long ago...it was free and of course the thais had never ridden a system like it before and couldn't figure out the turnstyles etc.....and it was too expensive without very many special passes etc and i remember lot of thai gals telling me "cheaper to ride bus or share taxi"... ...for the first year or so it was wonderfully empty most of the time so was sorta like having your own personal train to haul you around...then it changed, more passes and discounts and the thai people discovered it ....i also rode MRT the day it opened...seems it hasn't reached the levels of crowds of the BTS yet....

The BTS was so empty in the first year that some were saying that it was a white elephant and a complete waste of money - sort of what some said about the Airport Link when it opened the year before last - now the Cityline is also very crowded at peak.

You'll find that the MRT does get just as crowded as the BTS in peak, at some stations people have to wait a train or two before alighting.

• Like 1