Best Way To Invest Money In Thailand.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the Thai stock market. It is both easy and cheap to get started here, much more so than in the west. Of course you shouldn't just jump into the deep water, but either paper trade for a year or so to get an understanding of how it works, what news to believe (and more importantly, what not to believe).

I would say the Thai stock market. It is both easy and cheap to get started here, much more so than in the west. Of course you shouldn't just jump into the deep water, but either paper trade for a year or so to get an understanding of how it works, what news to believe (and more importantly, what not to believe).

I do not have a clue about Thai stock market, at all. Where do i begin to learn about it ?

I am totally lost when it comes to this...... never felt the need to look at it before, but now in a better position to maybe.

I do not have a clue about Thai stock market, at all. Where do i begin to learn about it ?

I am totally lost when it comes to this...... never felt the need to look at it before, but now in a better position to maybe.

I would go down to ktzmico, their office is just after Tropical Bert, 2nd road, Soi 6.5.

Get signed up for a brokerage account, you need to make a small deposit but it is not much, maybe 10k or so to get started. Then they email you recommendations every day and they give you instructions how to use their trading website.

Start by just following everything until you're comfortable you understand how it works. I'd suggest a year to experience the seasonal changes, but up to you really.

• Like 2

Depends how much capital you have, how much return you require (and whether you want a regular income or capital appreciation), and, of course, how much risk you are willing to take.

It is very likely that a well diversified portfolio of assets will better match your requirements than investing all of your wealth in a single asset class.

On the evidence of this thread (and I think you will agree) you are not an expert in this area. I suggest you consult a professional as a first step.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Marry a Thai woman and watch your money grow in someone elses bank account.

same gender marriage is allowed now in Thailand? huh.png

Wasn't there the news topic not so long ago about the movie producer who married his boyfriend and paid many millions in sinsot.

Does this news create some opportunities for you?biggrin.png

Wasn't there the news topic not so long ago about the movie producer who married his boyfriend and paid many millions in sinsot.

will

pattaya_girl

have to pay sinsot too if she marries a Thai woman? ohmy.png

will

pattaya_girl

have to pay sinsot too if she marries a Thai woman? ohmy.png

You remember Shakespeares words don't you.

To be or not to be : That's the question.

Don't touch anything with a bargepole you do not understand and do not under any circumstances consult any 'financial advisor' in Thailand.

Leave your money in the bank and settle for the interest offered.

If that doesn't interest you, open a bar.............................

I would go down to ktzmico, their office is just after Tropical Bert, 2nd road, Soi 6.5.

Get signed up for a brokerage account, you need to make a small deposit but it is not much, maybe 10k or so to get started. Then they email you recommendations every day and they give you instructions how to use their trading website.

Start by just following everything until you're comfortable you understand how it works. I'd suggest a year to experience the seasonal changes, but up to you really.

Thanks for the heads-up on that trading service - I'm in the same position as the OP with regards to be clueless about investing in Thailand and I appreciate your advice about starting with a small amount and learning over the course of a year.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads-up on that trading service - I'm in the same position as the OP with regards to be clueless about investing in Thailand and I appreciate your advice about starting with a small amount and learning over the course of a year.

looking forward to read your and Pattaya-Girl's report on june 23, 2013 what exactly you have learned over the course of a year.

Owning a bisness is the best way to make money anyplace ..... Kasakorn gold fund is a pretty decent fund for those who want to invest as opposed to work.

It takes more than a year to lean how to be a trader , but losing less than more is a good way to start !

Buy a new condo not a 10 million baht unit but something for 1-2 million baht which many foreigners and middle class Thais can afford (bigger market for re-sale or rentals also). Buy off plan so it appreciates in value during the construction phase, and buy from reputable developers such as Q House or LPN.

Buy a new condo not a 10 million baht unit but something for 1-2 million baht which many foreigners and middle class Thais can afford (bigger market for re-sale or rentals also). Buy off plan so it appreciates in value during the construction phase, and buy from reputable developers such as Q House or LPN.

You're right, buying off plan in Pattaya is the best investment you can make. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I heard Suan Sawarn,The Park and Heights Holdings among several others offer some great opportunities at the moment.

• Like 2

I've been trying to remember a wise proverb about making money in Thailand. Now I remember.

"How do you make a small fortune in Thailand? Start with a large fortune!"

Seriously, remember that you are falang (or am I making an incorrect assumption?). IMO, your chances of losing money in any business or "investment" in Thailand is very much greater than increasing your money. Is there some special reason that you want to invest your money in Thailand instead of using investment options in your home country?

Edited by Baloo22

You're right, buying off plan in Pattaya is the best investment you can make. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I heard Suan Sawarn,The Park and Heights Holdings among several others offer some great opportunities at the moment.

Every traveller getting off the plane thinks to themselves 'Ooh! I can afford an apartment at 1-2 million!, I get a guaranteed good return on my investment and I am now a player, an investor, someone who has a stake in Thailand and most of all status at the bar! I have arrived! I have somewhere now cheap to live OR invest. This is a one-way bet! A no-risk future'

Please someone give me a job working for one of the developer companies.

And now for the Achilles Heel. The strong point of the sale (price) will be transferred to the weakness in the resale price. The quality of build will be poor. Not so poor that the place will not look wonderful for 12-18 months while the place is being sold off, but after that that the bits will begin to fall off. If you are here for 3 weeks you don't see so much but watching a place go up over 3 months makes one marvel at how shoddy construction can be masked by a covering of plaster and concrete and paint. Not to worry some will say, I am here for good. And what will be easier than selling my place in 5 years time with inflation and getting my money back? You think so? The worm in the bud is that after you have distressed sold your shoddy apartment for a significant amount less than you paid for it, your capital loss will more than wipe out any gains so you think you will have made. A good investment. No way.

Every traveller getting off the plane thinks to themselves 'Ooh! I can afford an apartment at 1-2 million!, I get a guaranteed good return on my investment and I am now a player, an investor, someone who has a stake in Thailand and most of all status at the bar! I have arrived! I have somewhere now cheap to live OR invest. This is a one-way bet! A no-risk future'

Please someone give me a job working for one of the developer companies.

And now for the Achilles Heel. The strong point of the sale (price) will be transferred to the weakness in the resale price. The quality of build will be poor. Not so poor that the place will not look wonderful for 12-18 months while the place is being sold off, but after that that the bits will begin to fall off. If you are here for 3 weeks you don't see so much but watching a place go up over 3 months makes one marvel at how shoddy construction can be masked by a covering of plaster and concrete and paint. Not to worry some will say, I am here for good. And what will be easier than selling my place in 5 years time with inflation and getting my money back? You think so? The worm in the bud is that after you have distressed sold your shoddy apartment for a significant amount less than you paid for it, your capital loss will more than wipe out any gains so you think you will have made. A good investment. No way.

Suicide is then the only answer.

• Like 1