1. If you are over 50 and meet the financial requirements you can get a Non-O to investigate retirement options.

2.If you have a Thai family, legal wife or children. you can get a Non-O to visit them.

3. You can get a Non-ED visa to study in Thailand.

4. Otherwise, you are just a tourist and can apply for a triple entry visa that will give you up to 270 days if used correctly with 2 border runs and three 30 day extensions, or you can enter on a visa exempt entry that will only give you 30 days.

The official requirements for a non-O visa from a Thai consulate are posted here on the website of Thailand's Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

http://www.mfa.go.th...482.php?id=2489

If that website is down, as it often is, use this link to a PDF copy of the page in question:

http://www.thaivisa....ttach_id=162415

• Like 1

I`m also a Brit living in germany.I just went to the Thai consulate in germany with application form,Thai wedding certificate,my wifes thai passport copy (which they asked if they could keep) flight ticket 90 days duration.

I was told to come back in 25 mins. and my non imm.o visa would be ready and that was all .

I now have a 12 month O visa multi entry with 90 days stay. When I return to germany I will be staying about 1 month then fly back to Thailand for 6 months, I will then get 90 days then I must either do a visa run or report to immigration office to extend my stay for another 90 days after which I return to germany for euro summer for 4 or 5 months then repeat the procedure.

If anybody reading this can add anything to this or advice it would be most welcome for me and I`m sure for Mr. Marshal Stanley

• Like 1

That's exactly how it works, goldmonky, for a man with a Thai wife. The ideal procedure for you.

If you have a savings account in Thailand and feel like putting 400,000 Baht in a time deposit you can apply at your local immigration office for a one-year extension of stay for 1,900 Baht instead of doing a border run for an additional 30-day permission to stay. If you plan to do this, you will need only a single-entry non-O visa, costing less than the multiple-entry visa. And if you plan to return to Thailand before the one year is over, you can get a single-entry re-entry permit for 1,000 Baht before you leave Thailand and then you will not need a new visa for your next trip to Thailand.

• Like 1

That's exactly how it works, goldmonky, for a man with a Thai wife. The ideal procedure for you.

If you have a savings account in Thailand and feel like putting 400,000 Baht in a time deposit you can apply at your local immigration office for a one-year extension of stay for 1,900 Baht instead of doing a border run for an additional 30-day permission to stay. If you plan to do this, you will need only a single-entry non-O visa, costing less than the multiple-entry visa. And if you plan to return to Thailand before the one year is over, you can get a single-entry re-entry permit for 1,000 Baht before you leave Thailand and then you will not need a new visa for your next trip to Thailand.

Hey GM thats a handy piece of info and a money saver .thanks

I now have a 12 month O visa multi entry with 90 days stay. When I return to germany I will be staying about 1 month then fly back to Thailand for 6 months, I will then get 90 days then I must either do a visa run or report to immigration office to extend my stay for another 90 days after which I return to germany for euro summer for 4 or 5 months then repeat the procedure.

That's not how it works.

You cannot extend by 90 days at an Immigration Office. You must do a border run.

You can extend for 12 months if you qualify or they might give you 60 days if you really wanted to.

As said above there is no 90 day extension available for Thai wife entry - you could get 60 days, or if meeting financial requirements, a one year extension of stay however; but the normal procedure is to make a new entry for a new 90 day stay.

That's not how it works.

You cannot extend by 90 days at an Immigration Office. You must do a border run.

You can extend for 12 months if you qualify or they might give you 60 days if you really wanted to.

I am also on a 12 month Non-Imm ''O'', multi-entry, so am I reading you correctly that I have to do a visa run after the 90 days, and that there is no alternative option of getting an extension from the Immigration Dept.?

There is no alternative using the visa - such a visa entry is 90 days and a new entry would be required for a new 90 day stay. If you qualify for one year or other extension of stay you could apply to immigration for that but you must meet the conditions of such an extension.