Thaivisa HQ - A Dream Or Reality?

george

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reserving the bar only for TV members would be difficult. Imagine if a tourist family comes in and are told ' go away - this is a private bar!'. not really good for business. That being said, I know from experience that Suk1Plaza doesn't seem to attract the low-lives, at least not in my bar :o

I used to sell UK/US/Oz imported beers and ciders, but there was little demand for these (price too high due to import tax...)

What facilities would everyone want? We spoke about the travel agency. I presume that decent cappucino/tea etc would also be good.

Some of the staff live on the premises, so there is no problem to open in the morning for non-alcoholic drinks, (need to wait until 2pm to serve alcolhol...).

What about the business centre idea? A couple of pcs, printer, fax etc. The internet would be free, and fax-sending charged at cost. Are there any other facilities that are in demand, but hard to find in BKK?

Simon

Without trying to dampen peoples enthusiasm, would Sukhumvit 1 Plaza really appeal to all members of Thaivisa.com and their families ?

Would it really be appropriate to bring your wife and family there. I just wandered by and took this photo

post-6129-1136955718_thumb.jpg

And well its a nice place to go for a night out with the boys...... But at the end of the day its a collection of Beer-Bars complete with all the trappings of beer bars.

Well, I'm biased of course, but I think the bulding looks much better than some of the soi 4 offerings.

We often have families visiting our bar, or single women or whatever. One woman comes most days with her 10 year old daughter because she loves to 'play' pool. She has never felt that the venue is a 'boys bar'.

But if you really want a venue away from other bars, then you are probably going to have to pay for it = not cheap!

Well, I'm biased of course, but I think the bulding looks much better than some of the soi 4 offerings.

We often have families visiting our bar, or single women or whatever. One woman comes most days with her 10 year old daughter because she loves to 'play' pool. She has never felt that the venue is a 'boys bar'.

But if you really want a venue away from other bars, then you are probably going to have to pay for it = not cheap!

Simon;

I am not complaining about your bar, rather your neighbours. I would say that your place is not a "Boys Only" bar, rather do you honestly think that the first 4 bars you walk past are ?

Yes Khutan, I agree with what you say about the other bars. But that probably is going to be the same for most bars in Sukhumvit. Do you want a bar or a cafe/restaurant? It's difficult to find all 3 in 1 location...

What a brilliant idea and what a generous man Simon is. I would come and bring the family. Maybe you could have curry night on a Friday and Sunday roast on a .......including all you can eat yorkshire puddings.

Good luck and keep us posted. :o

What a brilliant idea and what a generous man Simon is. I would come and bring the family. Maybe you could have curry night on a Friday and Sunday roast on a .......including all you can eat yorkshire puddings.

Good luck and keep us posted. :o

And this is where the problem lies, Simon's bar doesn't have a kitchen.

Well, there are ways and means. There IS a decent kitchen in the building, but it is used to cook Thai food duyring the morning and lunchtime.

Depending upon what sort of food is required, it would be quite possible to sort out a 'heating' area, either in this bar or in our adjacent Revolution bar (which has a small garden). If you limit the choice to eg - pizzas, meat pies etc etc, then you only need a reheating area etc.

Strangly enough, I also had a coffee-shop/cafe some years ago for which I purchased various cooking/reheating equipments. I still have that equipment....

Simon

what a generous man Simon is

one presumes this is heavily laced sarcasm

here's a guy who overcommitted in a new bar area which never took off

now he's trying to off-load it

TV seems to be his salvation

take a look at the area...one way traffic...no parking...surrounded by bars...inbetween BTS stops

not really a suitable location for TV members and their partners

it's a dream G...some things are better kept as dreams

get me a work permit and i'll open up

mamasan--- Ting tong macading dang

hostess with the mostest---- gentleman scamp

special entertainment----- canadian jesse

and the special rose to keep every bodies spirits up, and for good all round fun--- Bambi Bar Babe

who's gonna be the bouncer

and the special rose to keep every bodies spirits up, and for good all round fun--- Bambi Bar Babe

Bronco :o

what a generous man Simon is

take a look at the area...one way traffic...no parking...surrounded by bars...inbetween BTS stops

not really a suitable location for TV members and their partners

it's a dream G...some things are better kept as dreams

I recon he is at least trying and making what can only be considered a (FREE) generous offer however if you have a better one.... fair enough..

So lets have a look at the list of all of the more suitable locations that you have in mind in order that we can check them out.... :o

[\quote]

Hmm - people who know me are aware that I'm financially well-off, so it really doesn't bother me if this offer is taken up or not. As I said, this bar is surplus to my needs. So if there is a project which can improve the use of this bar, then that's fine. (And I would be spending money anyway on pcs, printer, fax etc etc).

Not sure about the 1-way traffic, it seems to go in both directions when I look at it! Parking? Name me a Nana Plaza bar with it's own parking. I think a 2 minute walk from the secure Nana Square car-park is ok. In between BTS stops? (About 300-400 metres from them). Tell me, are you FAT or what????

Simon

Me :o

Lol, from comments of hoorah, to god no not near nana.

Anyway, there is a great little bar in soi 18 if not to far. has accommodation, has a kitchen, has great music sometimes, great bar, internet and even a free tuktuk from Suk.

Have a look and a think.

Simon, I will visit the place next week, haven't seen it yet so I can't tell. Your gerousity is much appreciated. The place has it pros and cons.

In the meantime we are looking for alternative locations. Anyone? Summary:

I am looking for a place in central Bangkok, either a big bar/restaurant in prime location or a small hotel (a small back soi could do). Must have food.

Anyone farang entrepreneur in Bangkok who want his place packed every night with thaivisa expats?

We need a CEO, a professional farnang with documented experience who can run the show and make profit.

I'll do the marketing. Send me a PM if you have questions.

Anyway, there is a great little bar in soi 18 if not to far. has accommodation, has a kitchen, has great music sometimes, great bar, internet and even a free tuktuk from Suk.

Have a look and a think.

What's the name of the place?

Have a look and a think.

Is it available? Do you own it or do you know the owner?

I think away from the nana area would be nice, but still think it will have to be the Suk area coz most of our Bangkok members tend to hang around that area.

If there is not a bar available is it something that TV is looking to buy and set up for itself?

I think Simons place sounds like a good deal, its a quiet bar area and a bit away from the main 'jungle' strip, but that might give it the sense of privacy the TV members are after whilst still being open to everyone.

Not sure about the heated up food though, a kitchen with a few good farang recipies would be a lot better!

the last woman bouncer we came across had a wonderfull pair of personalities to take people's mind's of the trouble in hand. :D

but i think women can defuse a situation better than men sometimes :D

[\quote]

Hmm - people who know me are aware that I'm financially well-off, so it

Just checked out Forbes Magazine Rich List in Asia and sure enough:

from the TOP.....

1st Mr T Shina........

2nd Mrs T Shina........

3rd Miss T. Shina..

4th Ms T Shina

5th Khun Charoen tesco pork pie panich.

6th Mr Simon........

7th Ms Supa luk.....

8th Mr Nana Pl....family

9th Khun Pat Pong

10th Khun Mabu Kro.....

:o

the last woman bouncer we came across had a wonderfull pair of personalities to take people's mind's of the trouble in hand. :D

That's not a bouncer, that's a waitress :D