British Tourist Stabbed By Illegal Tourist Bus Worker

george

After taking their two bicycles from the bus and the bus departed Mr Banks realised that he had left his wallet with cash in US dollars and his passport on the bus, and he called the bus driver to return.

The bus came back to the petrol station and Mr Banks found that his wallet had been searched by someone and his valuables were missing. He asked a bus worker and the two men quarrelled. The staff worker stabbed the tourist before fleeing by the same bus.

C''mon. His own stupidity- sorry could have been Alzheimer- had caused the problem.

Please try to be honest. How many TV members would have brought the wallet to a police station?

Aeeh would cops have taken some, or all money out? No, they make enough money...... w00t.gif

I guess only two out of 100............. wai.gif

What you are proposing is a different scenario. He was returning the wallet to its rightful owner, MINUS the dosh, rather than returning it intact and hoping for a monetary reward (above and beyond being an honest person.)

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of tourists get heated thinking that this won't end up in a potential fight to the death as many grew up thinking that lots of pushing and shoving constituted "a fight." Also in the mix are long stay 'immigrant' foreigners who are constantly walked on by their inlaws, significant others, etc.... they're also constantly 'on the edge.' A lot of locals (especially those who have been crapped on by most of society here) are just a few straws from just giving up and giving in to their darker urges.

:)

• Like 1

He must have accused the bus worker for stealing his money....is he really the thief....or some other passenger....look before you leap...

If you read the story, I think you will find him and his wife were the only 2 passengers left on the bus

"After taking their two bicycles from the bus and the bus departed Mr Banks realised that he had left his wallet with cash in US dollars and his passport on the bus, and he called the bus driver to return.

The bus came back to the petrol station and Mr Banks found that his wallet had been searched by someone and his valuables were missing. He asked a bus worker and the two men quarrelled. The staff worker stabbed the tourist before fleeing by the same bus.

His wife asked for help and a Thai woman, a passerby identified as Sumalee Yisunkaew, drove to a petrol station and called an ambulance for them and also called the police.

Very confusing.... did the couple have a telephone or not? If not how did they call the bus back? If yes, why did a stranger have to drive to a petrol station, or was it the same petrol station they were already at? I presume this is just muddled writing.

I find it interesting that the bus turned back when asked, still carrying the empty wallet....

Aw Poirot , where would we be without you i dread to think ! wai.gif

The driver could have easily said theres no wallet on the bus, took the cash and chucked it out the window, but he didn't, he turned around and gave it back empty, WHICH would point the finger at him, Poirot is right Hastings. biggrin.png

After taking their two bicycles from the bus and the bus departed Mr Banks realised that he had left his wallet with cash in US dollars and his passport on the bus, and he called the bus driver to return.

C''mon. His own stupidity- sorry could have been Alzheimer- had caused the problem.

Please try to be honest. How many TV members would have brought the wallet to a police station?

I guess only two out of 100............. wai.gif

Are you judging others by your own seemingly low standards?

I have found 3 wallets in my lifetime. Each has been handed either in to the police or directly to the owner fully intact.

I'd always give a wallet back to the owner, especially when having his passport details. It was a serious question.

How many people on this planet are that honest?

Good to hear.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

It appears Thailand is no longer a peaceful land of smiles but knifes and tourists stubbings / deaths.

I was initially thinking about moving there for some time but the more such news come through the less I like the idea...

Don't forget the lovely passive poisonings. crazy.gif

It appears Thailand is no longer a peaceful land of smiles but knifes and tourists stubbings / deaths.

I was initially thinking about moving there for some time but the more such news come through the less I like the idea...

it is still the land of smiles...

yes there are horrible things that happen there, but horrible things happen in every country, it is the way the authorities deal with these crimes that is the problem. i would still recomend going to thailand to anyone, i'd just say that there are do's and dont's. but they are common sense and generally the same in thailand as anywhere e.g. someone tries to rob you, you give them your stuff (if you were getting mugged in London your not going to fight back over a few quid when you know if this guy is low enough to mug you he's probably capable of worse).

please understand that this is not me trying to in anyway justify some of the terrible things that happen there; they are tradgic. i just want people to remember that every country has low lifes. for the huge majority thailand is an amazing experience...

don't not go because of a couple of horror stories

That's fine . . . but do you realize just how many tourists are actually injured or killed in the LoS every year (it's a lot)? And how many are killed or injured in other tourist destinations (it's not a lot to none)? You'll be surprised if you Google the results.

Are you going to substantiate this absurd claim? I can tell you horrendous things have been happening in India and many other Asian countries for decades. Rape, murder, disappearances. You name it. South America too. I recently read of the huge number of American's who've disappeared in Mexico alone. Africa has some chilling tales too, but is less travelled.

The world is a very dangerous place if you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, but Thailand has vastly more foreigners than most other countries. I don't think it's any more dangerous, but it's definitely more friendly than most other countries.

Losing your wallet AND passport would have been a major PITA for this tourist. You would expect that he would have been at least generous in a reward for their recovery. Instead, the accused lad allegedly tries to bluff out a theft, and then commits a much more serious crime. Not smart.

Off topic but - I recently discovered I had left my oz bank visa card in an ATM, 19 days after the event. I contacted the bank (SCB) and they went out of their way to recover it and return it to me. They literally had to look through hundreds of cards - but all you have to do is ask.

This could have happened anywhere in the world. I feel much safer in Thailand than (insert city here).

Fineprint - this is sarcasm.

Walpolamulla population 6, must be safer.

Edited by Semper

Off topic but - I recently discovered I had left my oz bank visa card in an ATM, 19 days after the event. I contacted the bank (SCB) and they went out of their way to recover it and return it to me. They literally had to look through hundreds of cards - but all you have to do is ask.

You mean they did their job... That is a surprise.

UPDATE:

Bus boy, age 16, arrested at Prachuap Khiri Kan for stabbing British tourist in Samut Sakhon /MCOT

It's really the right time for the ASEAN community....................w00t.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

it escalated probably, because they were "illegal" (no license)...

thats the reason why the bus came back, when the tourist called...

otherwise - with the passport gone - the tourist would have called police, to locate the bus...

then the tourist - still not knowing the whole enterprise is illegal - possibly threatens with police...

as the emotional IQ is low, the "illegal" didnt know how to handle the situation - he stabs...

the british tourist couldnt know either fact: low EQ and Illegal...

Edited by dingdang
  • Like 1

The problem is the whole BusBusiness and the owners, they have a lot of drug adicts working if you open your eyes. Not only some drivers but also the man who put your suitcases under the seats and more.

Busses drive up to 160 km an hour with no seatbelts / mini vans up to 180 (seatbelts won't help you)

Drivers, drive 10 hours or more and some use drugs

Busboys / helpers are people who can't find a job anywhere else and live or lived on the edge

Not many rules for the operating and controling company or mafia

No rules at all?

it escalated probably, because they were "illegal" (no license)...

thats the reason why the bus came back, when the tourist called...

otherwise - with the passport gone - the tourist would have called police, to locate the bus...

then the tourist - still not knowing the whole enterprise is illegal - possibly threatens with police...

as the emotional IQ is low, the "illegal" didnt know how to handle the situation - he stabs...

the british tourist couldnt know either fact: low EQ and Illegal...

and giving him his money back was out of the question?

• Like 1

The problem is the whole BusBusiness and the owners, they have a lot of drug adicts working if you open your eyes. Not only some drivers but also the man who put your suitcases under the seats and more.

Busses drive up to 160 km an hour with no seatbelts / mini vans up to 180 (seatbelts won't help you)

Drivers, drive 10 hours or more and some use drugs

Busboys / helpers are people who can't find a job anywhere else and live or lived on the edge

Not many rules for the operating and controling company or mafia

No rules at all?

That's why i prefer the trains. Trouble is, every single one i've taken this year has been 3 hours late.

yes there are horrible things that happen there, but horrible things happen in every country, it is the way the authorities deal with these crimes that is the problem. i would still recomend going to thailand to anyone, i'd just say that there are do's and dont's. but they are common sense and generally the same in thailand as anywhere e.g. someone tries to rob you, you give them your stuff (if you were getting mugged in London your not going to fight back over a few quid when you know if this guy is low enough to mug you he's probably capable of worse).

please understand that this is not me trying to in anyway justify some of the terrible things that happen there; they are tradgic. i just want people to remember that every country has low lifes. for the huge majority thailand is an amazing experience...

That's fine . . . but do you realize just how many tourists are actually injured or killed in the LoS every year (it's a lot)? And how many are killed or injured in other tourist destinations (it's not a lot to none)? You'll be surprised if you Google the results.

If you Google "Tourists killed" there are killings/deaths in virtually every country in the world relating to tourists. This ranges from coach crashes (yes, not just Thai drivers fall asleep at the wheel) to killings for initiation to gangs.

Thailand is like every other country, it's just that people on forums appear to be Daily Mail readers and revert to their angered from Basingstoke personna.

I've lived in Thailand on and off for the last four years, have stumbled about drunk in Bangkok, Pattaya and Patong in the early hours of the morning and have never fallen foul of the nasties many on here and other forum make out exist on every street corner. Never been stopped by the police in their insatiable hunger for tea money, have left laptop bag, phone etc on tables in bars and come back and they're still there.

If I was someone who had never been to Thailand and read this forum, I'd never visit it after the scare stories and conspiracy theorists who spout garbage on here. Yes there's been some sad news regarding tragic events, but it's no worse than anywhere else. As regards the police and their response, when they do something right it appears that they've fitted someone up who is innocent/gullible/feeble minded and only pleading guilty so his family receive money.

I am with you mate.......................Its entirely possible that we have bumped into each other in the past.....LOL. Never a worry for me either.

• Like 1

If you Google "Tourists killed" there are killings/deaths in virtually every country in the world relating to tourists. This ranges from coach crashes (yes, not just Thai drivers fall asleep at the wheel) to killings for initiation to gangs.

Thailand is like every other country, it's just that people on forums appear to be Daily Mail readers and revert to their angered from Basingstoke personna.

I've lived in Thailand on and off for the last four years, have stumbled about drunk in Bangkok, Pattaya and Patong in the early hours of the morning and have never fallen foul of the nasties many on here and other forum make out exist on every street corner. Never been stopped by the police in their insatiable hunger for tea money, have left laptop bag, phone etc on tables in bars and come back and they're still there.

If I was someone who had never been to Thailand and read this forum, I'd never visit it after the scare stories and conspiracy theorists who spout garbage on here. Yes there's been some sad news regarding tragic events, but it's no worse than anywhere else. As regards the police and their response, when they do something right it appears that they've fitted someone up who is innocent/gullible/feeble minded and only pleading guilty so his family receive money.

You have never in four years been made to pay tea money! How did you mangae that? Almost impossible regarding using your transport i would think. But sure not all the police are bad, i remember a time i was taken on a police bike to the ATM, so i could pay my tea money instead of visiting prison. I was very wrong getting run over by an irate Thai person, who then wanted me to pay for the damage. The police got half by the way!

Well well Amazing Thailand ! Again very good news for tourists!

Don't worry, TAT will have a 'balance' story released within a few hours.

Perhaps another story about how foreigners love 'thai massage'.

Why did I select that item? Because my adult Thai son currently has a problem with his brother in law, who is demanding a very big loan (15Million Baht) to open a Thai massage shop in Bangkok. Brother in law (who has never been outside Thailand and has zero knowledge of the rest of the world and zero knowledge of Thai or world current affairs, and no business knowledge or experience), is convinced:

- No other country in the world has massage.

- Everybody in the whole world wants to come to Thailand just for a massage.

Edited by scorecard

Care to show us your findings? No tourists (or "not a lot") killed or injured anywhere else in the world? I don't think so...

Here are some findings:

http://www.livingtha...sts-to-die.html

http://en.wikipedia....ated_death_rate

http://en.wikipedia....l_homicide_rate

You'll find, interestingly enough, that Thailand is more dangerous than America on all counts. Who knew? It seems like such a lovely place full of folks with tremendous awareness. Bad things happen everywhere. They are covered up and go unsolved in Thailand.

Edited by Unkomoncents

Random Thai news. On the contrary to what many says it's not a trend, always been there in LOS, it's a hard country. I don't know how many times I've seen assaults on tourists in Thailand. It's many and most the times it's not near deadly, just bloody and very humiliating. Whenever i go to Thai for a while I know beforehand i will get the feeling that i will never return after a while of seeing farangs getting bottles smashed in their head by drunk girls, assaulted by gangs of 5-10 thai guys for less than no reason, yaba influenced people swinging knives for fun, policemen firing arms in their hunt for druggies etc.

But i always comes back, every time a little less naiv, a little bit less sensitive over things.

It's a third world country and vilence is integrated in the culture/system.