Pattaya Reaction To Recent Stabbing Of Australian In Phuket

Rimmer

Pattaya reaction to recent stabbing of Australian in Phuket

29_06_55_2_3.jpg

PATTAYA:--Reaction in Pattaya to the recent stabbing of a female Australian tourist in Phuket has been one of concern that a similar incident could happen in Pattaya.

On Thursday we spoke with Police Lieutenant Colonel Gietisak, Deputy Pattaya Police Chief, who voiced his own concerns over the incident but assured tourists in Pattaya that every possible step is being taken to ensure that safety for tourists is of the highest priority for his officers.

As part of their efforts, nightly arrests of loiterers on Pattaya Beach is taken place to ensure Police have a comprehensive database of everyone down there and also posters and signs in various languages are being produced which will be displayed in areas of high crime.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/58027/pattaya-reaction-stabbing-australian-phuket/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-06-29

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

So they round up the night time hookers and still do nothing about the day time jet ski dirt bags who actually are assaulting people almost daily.

And still, no signs to warn them of this scam? But signs to warn them of other attackers.

Comedy.

• Like 1

So they round up the night time hookers and still do nothing about the day time jet ski dirt bags who actually are assaulting people almost daily.

And still, no signs to warn them of this scam? But signs to warn them of other attackers.

Comedy.

My thoughts exactly, they have obviously gotten off there collective arse's and had these signs produced in a hurry - why not for the jet-ski brigade????

Comedy.

would you prefer to be stabbed or assaulted?

what are the chances of being robbed compared to being assaulted by the jet ski?

there is not enough talk, video's, blogs, posts, reviews? about the jet ski's?

How about acknowledging an effort Pattaya authority's took to warn people of possible attacks even though in your opinion its only a "comedy"rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

what are the chances of being robbed compared to being assaulted by the jet ski?

How about acknowledging an effort Pattaya authority's took to warn people of possible attacks even though in your opinion its only a "comedy"rolleyes.gif

Clearly you have not witnessed the jet ski guys pulling knives on victims. It is only by luck they have not actually stabbed anyone with them yet. But that day is coming. Being stabbed or assaulted can both lead to death. Just because you are stabbed, it doesn't mean you are gong to die, and just because you were beaten by a groups of guys with sticks and rocks, doesn't mean you're going to live. Both are equally as deadly.

And no, there are not enough videos, blogs, reviews about the jet skis. It's only just begun to be discussed in foreign languages, and those who do not speak English are the main targets.

What are the chances of being stabbed or assaulted you ask? If you rent a jet ski, I'd say around 80%. If you walk down the beach at night, considering I've done it 1000s of time without a single incident, and so do countless others, I'd say less than .01%. In fact, the latest stabbing was in Phuket, not Pattaya. Yet the scams are happening, and often violently, every day. So you tell me what the signs should be about.

Clearly you have not witnessed the jet ski guys pulling knives on victims. It is only by luck they have not actually stabbed anyone with them yet. But that day is coming. Being stabbed or assaulted can both lead to death. Just because you are stabbed, it doesn't mean you are gong to die, and just because you were beaten by a groups of guys with sticks and rocks, doesn't mean you're going to live. Both are equally as deadly.

And no, there are not enough videos, blogs, reviews about the jet skis. It's only just begun to be discussed in foreign languages, and those who do not speak English are the main targets.

What are the chances of being stabbed or assaulted you ask? If you rent a jet ski, I'd say around 80%. If you walk down the beach at night, considering I've done it 1000s of time without a single incident, and so do countless others, I'd say less than .01%. In fact, the latest stabbing was in Phuket, not Pattaya. Yet the scams are happening, and often violently, every day. So you tell me what the signs should be about.

what a load of rubbish

I live in Pattaya and take a run on the beach every night and never ever been assaulted.

I have rented a jet ski and was not stabbed

DO post a link to your stats of 80% for being stabbed when rent a jetski

PLEASE..................

What he should have said was "such a thing could never happen in Pattaya and if it did we'd make dam_n sure you never heard about it as we continue to gag Pattaya's supine press, like we tried to when that New Zealand man was stabbed to death in Jomtien last year".

"On Thursday we spoke with Police Lieutenant Colonel Gietisak, Deputy Pattaya Police Chief, who voiced his own concerns over the incident but assured tourists in Pattaya that every possible step is being taken to ensure that safety for tourists is of the highest priority for his officers.

As part of their efforts, nightly arrests of loiterers on Pattaya Beach is taken place to ensure Police have a comprehensive database of everyone down there ...."

Not sure I see the connection ... how does taking their names and fining the night-time prostitutes on Beach Road 100 baht improve tourist safety, stop drive-by bag-snatching, etc?

A Farang stabbed another Farang recently on beach road and the police did sod all about it, seems its ok for some to carry knives

Ah, but that incident simply went away as the perp paid the BiB and the victim for his indiscretion. Seems it's a regular event for this local "celebrity" as he actually bragged about his ability to buy his way out of any crime in Stickman's column this week!!!! How feeked up is that?