Cheap Ground Cover Like Clover

Can anyone recommend a cheap ground cover that doesn't get to long. It is to cover 3 Rai or recent land fill.

It is not to be farmed, but just to help avoid wind erosion and dust in dry season as well. Turf would be ideal but to expensive.

One clover type of seed would wok I think. Any suggestions? I am coastal in a wet province & have real round water if needed.

I am coastal in a wet province & have real round water if needed.

What is real round water?

I would also be interested in a good ground cover. Ideally something that can cope with foot traffic and motorbikes, but not seed and spread too easily.

Archais pintoi is an ideal ground cover. Is a legume, Fixes nitrogen and covers the ground. Being used more as an ornamental in Thailand and Malaysia for roadsides, middle of the road verges, in gardens and around industrial estates. The reason is its very attractive yellow flower. Tell me where you are and I may be able to find a seed supplier for you.

• 1 month later...

Archais pintoi is an ideal ground cover. Is a legume, Fixes nitrogen and covers the ground. Being used more as an ornamental in Thailand and Malaysia for roadsides, middle of the road verges, in gardens and around industrial estates. The reason is its very attractive yellow flower. Tell me where you are and I may be able to find a seed supplier for you.

Hi David would it work under (shady) rubber trees- or is there something better? I am near Bueng Khan in the NE- if you know of suppliers there-would be great! Cheers Stefan