Pay Bills Online With Bangkok Bank?

amexpat

I have been doing online banking with BKK for a few years now. As you say, I can pay True, 3BB, ToT, and do individual transfers. But, I haven't been able to figure out how to pay the electric bill either. The water; they come around and collect in my village.

This doesn't answer your question re: How? Just showing you are not the only one.thumbsup.gif

I have been doing online banking with BKK for a few years now. As you say, I can pay True, 3BB, ToT, and do individual transfers. But, I haven't been able to figure out how to pay the electric bill either. The water; they come around and collect in my village.

This doesn't answer your question re: How? Just showing you are not the only one.thumbsup.gif

Same here. Tried to set it up but wasn't clear to use PEA or MEA or something else so decided not to take a chance that I'm sending my money to the wrong place and just use 7-11. Would like to hear an answer also.

For electric and water bills. You have to go to the electric/water office and ask for the online payment form. fill it out and take that to you bank branch. They will authorize it, etc. Then take that back to the electric/water office. Its a bit of a pain, but once its set up, you're good to go....

They will debit the exact amount on the same day every month. For us the bill always said 4th, but the debit happens around the 11th.

• Like 1

For electric and water bills. You have to go to the electric/water office and ask for the online payment form. fill it out and take that to you bank branch. They will authorize it, etc. Then take that back to the electric/water office. Its a bit of a pain, but once its set up, you're good to go....

They will debit the exact amount on the same day every month. For us the bill always said 4th, but the debit happens around the 11th.

I believe we are talking about Internet (e-banking) and not setting up an automatic debit arrangement. Some of us prefer not to have automatic debit payment as it has its own set of problems.

If you go to PEA, there is a link to ePay. It is only in Thai, and you have to know which parts of the bill to put in the correct spot.

There are downloadable instructions also.

PEA http://www.pea.co.th/th/index.php

ePay http://epay.pea.co.th/epay/

I was once told by a lady at Bangkok Bank Thapae that she would help set this up (I believe it has to be setup on the ePay site, not BBL). That lady has since retired.

I don't think PEA is in Bangkok Bank's list of services, as I said above, I think you have to set it up on the PEA site, unless you make it automatically deducted. Automatic deductions are different.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

Yes, the Electric Company in Pattaya is not on the BB list of suppliers although the Bangkok one is therefore the only option is to pay over the counter at various outlets or set up a direct debit. I opted for Dd so that if I am out of the country I know that the electric will still be paid. With True Vision and 3Bb I just pay online.

The easiest way is....Open an account at SCB.problem solved.

This implies that SCB will go out and request from every utility company the monthly bill for each customer (by name/address?) and then pay it. Even if you tell SCB which companies to contact, that sounds like a lot of costly labor for them each month. But if you are saying once you provide the list, SCB does the leg work CMSteve described....? please clarify.

I know what CMSteve described works for everything that bills monthly. And it should be independent of the bank you use. Yes, you have to do the leg work, but once it is set up it becomes effort free on part of the homeowner/renter.

One way to protect yourself if you are uneasy about 3rd parties accessing your account is to set up a separate utility account and monitor it on line. If your monthly bills run 1,000 baht per month, you might make an initial depost of 3,000 and then each month transfer on line the amount you paid last month. That keeps a 2,000 baht buffer for unexpected charges.

This implies that SCB will go out and request from every utility company the monthly bill for each customer (by name/address?) and then pay it. Even if you tell SCB which companies to contact, that sounds like a lot of costly labor for them each month. But if you are saying once you provide the list, SCB does the leg work CMSteve described....? please clarify.

I know what CMSteve described works for everything that bills monthly. And it should be independent of the bank you use. Yes, you have to do the leg work, but once it is set up it becomes effort free on part of the homeowner/renter.

One way to protect yourself if you are uneasy about 3rd parties accessing your account is to set up a separate utility account and monitor it on line. If your monthly bills run 1,000 baht per month, you might make an initial depost of 3,000 and then each month transfer on line the amount you paid last month. That keeps a 2,000 baht buffer for unexpected charges.

Open an account with SCB and you get SCBeasy (internet banking) automatically (without all the paperwork like BBL)

you just login, set-up and can start internet banking within minutes!!!

SCBeasy has a page where you can organise your monthly bills, including electricity and water (this is NOT automatic billing) you can opt for this if you want however (but then the procedure CMSTEVE explained applies).

Again, set up within minutes and NO LEG WORK.

A bill comes,... I open SCBeasy,... click BILLING,.... Then I click the account I want to pay to,.... Type in a few numbers,.... and then Confirm Payment.

DONE.

Edited by KhunVee

This is really really good advice. If you go the direct debit route, a separate account with limited funds is a necessity.

(without all the paperwork like BBL)

What paperwork? Yes, you do have to walk over to an ATM machine to do it.

How to apply for iBanking (Bangkok Bank)

At a Bangkok Bank ATM

Visit any ATM with your ATM or debit card, select “Apply for service” and follow the on-screen instructions (for detailed instructions, click here).

Please note: If your main account is a joint account, or if your banking records indicate your visa status is “tourist” you may not be able to complete the ATM registration process.

(without all the paperwork like BBL)

What paperwork? Yes, you do have to walk over to an ATM machine to do it.

How to apply for iBanking (Bangkok Bank)

At a Bangkok Bank ATM

Visit any ATM with your ATM or debit card, select “Apply for service” and follow the on-screen instructions (for detailed instructions, click here).

Please note: If your main account is a joint account, or if your banking records indicate your visa status is “tourist” you may not be able to complete the ATM registration process.

Then they (BBL) must have changed procedure(s) recently.

Last time I checked at BBL (Head Office - Silom Branch as I originally opened my very 1st Thai account there some 7 years ago)

They said: "you (farang) can only apply for internet banking after filling out this 3 page 'Torture the farang B.S. questionnaire' which then will be checked (by who????? they don't say) and you will then receive approval or reject message within 3 to 5 days after so you can come back and pick up your first-entry-code which we will not send to you, you need to come here."

No Thank You Very Much.

Arriving back in CM the day after, I went to SCB and opened 2 savings and 1 current there within 25 minutes (inclusive immediate activate Internet Banking and a cheque-book)

Just saying,...

Edited by KhunVee

Open an account with SCB and you get SCBeasy (internet banking) automatically (without all the paperwork like BBL)

SCBeasy has a page where you can organise your monthly bills, including electricity and water (this is NOT automatic billing) you can opt for this if you want however (but then the procedure CMSTEVE explained applies).

A bill comes,... I open SCBeasy,... click BILLING,.... Then I click the account I want to pay to,.... Type in a few numbers,.... and then Confirm Payment.

DONE.

Thanks, interesting, can you also use this 'banking from home' service to pay credit card bills from other banks?

If not, I'll stay with counter service at Big C Extra, quick and inexpensive and online.

Edited by scorecard

DONE.

Thanks, interesting, can you also use this service to pay credit card bills from other banks?

I'm not sure as I never tried that.

But it seems to me that as long as you have an account number/name and bank details to send money to, it is possible.

I use SCBeasy for all my transactions, never had a problem.

You can do a one-time payment or you can also save the account name and just click it for the next time.