Ducati 'Spy Photo' Of The Long Awaited Ducati Hypermotard Update

bbradsby

Fresh off hellforleather's website, wanted to pass this along - could this be the Thai-assembled Hypermotard we've been drueling for?

Not another Ducati spy photo

This latest “spy photo” distributed by Ducati reveals new details of the new mid-capacity Hypermotard/Multistrada ADV/supermoto thingamahoo. The bike is so undisguised here, it must be nearing official release. Looks like an all-new frame and unique styling, in addition to top-shelf components like Ohlins suspension and Brembo Monoblocs.

...go to HFL and moto corsa sites for more info.

Is this the one with the 848 engine?

Yep. Streetfighter 848 at 130HP should make for a nice small multi.

Best comment off HFL: "Oh, a Multitard."

Not a leak, apparently Ducati trying to build hype. As if they needed that, if this is made in Thailand I'll get it, just make it already. Ok, no, I'll get it if it has ABS.

Is that going to be made here in Thailand? Will it be cheap? That looks nice!!! I would pick that over the other bikes that are out there now for the right price...

Around 450000thb and I would jump on one... if not, we are closing in on the z1000 price...

Any other colours?

Is that going to be made here in Thailand? Will it be cheap? That looks nice!!! I would pick that over the other bikes that are out there now for the right price...

Around 450000thb and I would jump on one... if not, we are closing in on the z1000 price...

Any other colours?

How is 450,000 closing in on 590,000?! Even if it were the same price as the Z1000 I'd take the 848 Multimotard in an instant!

What I mean is that if we have it more than 450K it is then getting closer to the z1000. then it will be a bit of an dilemma to choose. I agree that the Hyper looks really good, but is it much better for what I want to use it for?

I would not mind to have a hyper that cost around 500k but then again we have the z1000 that is a very very good bike-

Either way, I was just guessing the price, time will let us know...

We could hope it would be like the monster.. very very cheap...

With an Italian-built, desmoquatro superbike-based motor and high-spec druel factor & running gear, my guess is it will be priced here in the Land of Import Extortion, a good bit lower than the THB 850,000 Streetfighter 848 if it's assembled in Thailand.

... and this died-in-the-wool, desmo-owning ['02 ST4s stored away in the USoA, previous 999 and 996 owner] Ducatista is advising/begging Ducati SpA, please sharpen your pencil a bit on this one, and you'll sell em by the thousands every year in the rising ASEAN market. I'll take the first Senna-esque Titanium matte gray over red frame & marchesinis that rolls into the Tonglor showroom!

Is this the one with the 848 engine?

Yep. Streetfighter 848 at 130HP should make for a nice small multi.

Best comment off HFL: "Oh, a Multitard."

Not a leak, apparently Ducati trying to build hype. As if they needed that, if this is made in Thailand I'll get it, just make it already. Ok, no, I'll get it if it has ABS.

Just me, and no criticism here, but I'd ever let lack of ABS, a braking crutch, keep me from buying the bike of my dreams. just take the savings and do a few proper track schools.

• Like 1

I remember when the new V twin was fitted to the Pantah. It's taken a while to hone it into a reasonable reliable power unit with adequate power.

Remember that Ducati took their first air-cooled twin and immediately began beating the Big4 Japanese bikes at Imola and Daytona in the Seventies; then were competitive with the desmoquatro in World Superbike in the late Eighties, consistently won the majority of championships through the Nineties, Oughties, and is running for the championship currently.

The desmodue and desmoquatro engines have been very solid mills, post-seventies, with a stint of flaking rockers being an issue for later 916/996 engines - Honda had the same issue on it's V4's back in the day, as well as cam chain tensioner reliability issues - so no one is immune from 'issues' in a fast moving tech industry as high perf motorcycles.

Just me, and no criticism here, but I'd ever let lack of ABS, a braking crutch, keep me from buying the bike of my dreams. just take the savings and do a few proper track schools.

smile.png

beating-a-dead-horse-horse-demotivational-poster-1267844749.jpg

I've never had ABS on a bike so I've just got used to the brakes. I've been here 7 years now and my bikes have been; CBR150 (2005), Ninja 250 (2008), ER6n (2009), Vespa 300 GTS SS (2011), and a Ducati Monster 795 (2012). None have had ABS and I've never hit anything. If ABS had been offered I'd take it but the lack of ABS wouldn't influence my purchasing decision.