Sunrise Tacos Pattaya Big C Location

SunriseTacos

Buenos Dias,

Just a quick note here (at the risk of being beheaded by starting another 38 pages of comments) that we will be opening tomorrow evening at the Big C Pattaya Klang location. This is the one with Home Pro, near Food Land. We have spent about 2 weeks installing the signage, all new kitchen equipment, designing the menu, fixing the 3 phase electrical, etc. The temporary outer walls are coming off tonight at 11pm. We will be there all day today stocking the fridges, testing the Big C plates and utensils, testing equipment, etc.

We have a limited, but still very plentiful menu. We are also offering smaller portions of some of our bigger dishes (e.g, Burrito) at lower prices. There is no VAT, and no SC because of the unique makeup of this location. Customers will order, and we will prepare and send out the food straight away (e.g., tacos take about 45 seconds). You can see the menu here. You can see that we are also offering some combo dishes, which include a softdrink, chips and a main. The signage looks nice, and we have 2 TV displays on either side of our main logo board. We will also be offering our homemade pies (apple, pumpkin, cherry). All in all, with the time that we had, I think its a great addition to the Big C food court lineup. Alas, something other than chicken rice and noodles for a change!

Luego hablamos,

Gil

menu-1.pdf

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good I reckon because the food there is generally terrible. I cant eat anything much there except Fuji.

The biggest issue for a lot of people will be the price.

For me I dont have a problem with paying a bit more for something that is good but Pattaya Big C Extra is a haven for farang keeniow and I dont think the your average Thais will fork out for that kind of money. I hope i am wrong but i think it will be a struggle to make any money in that location.

Good I reckon because the food there is generally terrible. I cant eat anything much there except Fuji.

The biggest issue for a lot of people will be the price.

I agree with you you completely!

You'll find the new shop right at the front of the food-court, but it's still hidden in

a white box...

Any "average" Thai who can afford to go to Fuji, MK etc.. should have no problem paying those prices if they like "Mexican" fast food.

There is a bit of difference there because at Fuji and MKs you are getting a restaurant experience but with Sunrise you will be sitting on the plastic chairs with the 30baht diners.

• Like 1

Any "average" Thai who can afford to go to Fuji, MK etc.. should have no problem paying those prices if they like "Mexican" fast food.

Fuji, MK etc. is a sit down enjoy dining experience for many Thais - Sunrise in a food court is not, sorry but way overpriced for the location, anyone remember how long Bob'sBBq lasted with the same approach in the same location?

I usually stop at the kebab spot in the food court when I'm there and can get stuffed for 1/2 the price of your offerings but next time I'm in there I'll splurge and give your taco salad a try. Best of luck to you guys.

• Like 1

I usually stop at the kebab spot in the food court when I'm there and can get stuffed for 1/2 the price of your offerings but next time I'm in there I'll splurge and give your taco salad a try. Best of luck to you guys.

I seldom go there these days since it changed from Carrefour but like you I used to have a kebab if I wanted something to eat.

Will give the ST a chance when / if I next get out that way, depends when the bacon runs out which I get from KPN just behind Big C X-Carrefour.

Been in big c today, sat across tacos for 30 minutes. No business at all. Lunch time, food court packed, anna kebab wrapping kebabs like there are no tomorow, but sunrise didnt have any single visitor. Too pricy for this area

With due respect, I think Central Mall basement food court is a better target market. Russians might actually try it. (Need a Russian translated menu though.) Edited by Jingthing

Must admit if the wife and i were out to enjoy a mexican meal it wouldnt be at big c food court ,but in a restaurant.

I'm not averse to the taco truck level concept in general if the tacos are really good and authentic. Oh, and cheap. w00t.gif I know the mall place isn't a truck but I consider the scaled down menu a similar concept. Edited by Jingthing

Been in big c today, sat across tacos for 30 minutes. No business at all. Lunch time, food court packed, anna kebab wrapping kebabs like there are no tomorow, but sunrise didnt have any single visitor. Too pricy for this area

With due respect, I think Central Mall basement food court is a better target market. Russians might actually try it. (Need a Russian translated menu though.)

You are right, Central Mall basement food court would have been a much better location. It just opened though so we will see what happens. I plan on trying it out soon, but might get distracted and get a kebab with all the talk here of how good they are. I only made it to the taco truck outside Avenue mall once before it "disappeared".

Must admit if the wife and i were out to enjoy a mexican meal it wouldnt be at big c food court ,but in a restaurant.

I'm not averse to the taco truck level concept in general if the tacos are really good and authentic. Oh, and cheap. w00t.gif I know the mall place isn't a truck but I consider the scaled down menu a similar concept.

Yeah, if it is a fast food sort of place like the rest of the food there it might work, even at double the pices of the local food (like the kebabs).

They'd have to appeal to the Thai market that recognises the name though, rather than the khee niueow farangs that usually haunt the place.

Edit: I guess they've done some market resarch beforehand though to see where they would baest fit in.

Edited by PattayaParent

The most important question : Will there be a Salsa bar ?

No, but the menu shows a selection of nine salsas from which you choose one. Not as flexible as a DIY salsa bar, but still a good variety,

Yesterday was our opening day. Yes, it was quiet. Today however, we did more business by 2pm than all of yesterday. Give us a chance. Today, we did at least 10 takeaway orders by 1pm. We are now speaking with Big C about a dedicated seating area, with wait staff also to try to get away from the food court mentality.

Gil