TrueVisions Launched 17 HD Channels, Blocked Pirate Users Overnight

webfact

Great Updates! Thanks True Visions! A+

What is the point of HD when you can't even watch Euro 2012 football on it.

Tata Young concerts in HD.. doesn't that just complete you?

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Jayman, share the joy, what are the ingredients & method ?

I guess that the keyword is "torrent"...

correct.. torrents have all the content you could ever want in very HD quality all out there free for the taking. No sat dishes or program guides required. I use a NMT that I tell it what I like to watch and it monitors the schedules and as soon as the shows air they are downloaded and wait for me to press play on my TV. Stuff that TRUE would never carry nor any of these other asian sats. It really all depends what you want to watch. I don't watch sports as it does nothing for me to see men running around playing grab ass.

What do you want to watch today?

http://eztv.it/

http://www.bt-chat.com/

http://www.seventorrents.com/

oh cool.. just noticed that Breaking bad season just started Sunday night in US and now the new episode in HD has already been downloaded and is waiting for me to press play. And Weeds... who doesn't like weeds?

I couldn´t agree more, I havn't watch TV the old-fashioned way since -04 when I started to work in a HTPC team with multiple receivers, large HDDs to record/time-shift. Since I moved to LOS I also gave up that and only DL what I want to see and when I want to see it. But I guess if you are a sports fanatic you´re stick to use some kind of reciever ´cause you want to see it live smile.png

Old school TV is for folks that don't know what they want to watch.. For the rest of us, we just watch what we want and leave all the rest to the consumers of mass hype

• Like 1

i thought american football was only on ASN here, it's only in the US that some of the games are on ESPN, Monday nite football is espn and sunday games are networks if your in the US..

here it's only ASN that plays them is what I thought..

Well American football fans are now happy with ESPN returning, but being English I would like to see some cricket. I suspect that the Australians, NewZealanders and some other nationals would like it too.

There is enough sports channels showing a lot of sports that are no way near as popular as cricket. I would even upgrade my subscription to see this sport especially the T20 and one day games.

Any support for this.

But Torrent can't deliver live services such as news and live sports.

Or can it?

Philip

No but TVants, Sopcast and others can though. TV is great for live news and sport in HD but a little bit out of fashion when it comes to Bluray like quality movies on demand.

Good news if you are used to HD regular TV is like watching TV with vaseline in your eyes. Good to know too, that the subscribers who pay good money do no longer sponsor people who use a stolen signal.

good news how? Did they lower your monthly fees or give you guys free equipment?

Well my box isn't working today.

It's a Samart ABS 3Q76. I've tried switching it off (including removing the power cable) for a few minutes, but it still doesn't work. Free channels are fine.

Highly pissed off.

TRUE turns another TRUE box into a paper weight. Didn't you hear maeb? He's been saying it all month.. You should have bought a pirate box instead....

Now, I'd just need to have the subtitles option to choose between English / Thai / Both / Off to be actually working, instead of having forced Thai subtitles all the time, and everything would be alright ! smile.png

1 last annoying thing though : the oversized & often overcrowding logos ; on some channels, they even adds permanent ads, which can be quite annoying over the time... sick.gif

I agree, often the too large permanent logos blot out things you might one to see on screen. It's really low class to have two or three large logos permanently fixed on your TV screen. They can show the logos for a few seconds per hour, that would suffice. I don't like how Thai language is default whenever there are two languages. I imagine a decent % of paying viewers are English speakers, so there should be a setting which conveniences them. Plus, the obligatory Thai subtitles are annoying - there should be a way to blank them. Never any Thai programs with English sub-titles, for those who might want to improve their Thai language skills.

Can True Visions get any better selection of movies? Didn't think so.

Or can it?

Philip

No, It can't and as I wrote in a previous post, you´re need some kind of box for live events.

PS! If only all h/w on the net supported true multicast protocols then I´m sure there would be a lot of broadcasters...

Happy days! Well done True, finally we're getting into the 21st century with Thai sat TV!

A decent selection of HD channels, looks and sounds great on a decent AV setup.

Maybe but with 22nd century prices..... and I am sure the constant repeat, repeat, repeat....

• Like 1

Or can it?

Philip

most live news is streamed for free direct from the news providers websites.

As for live sports.. I will admit I know little about this as I have 0 personal interest but I have friends that do like certain sports and you can pay for those feeds as well via official channels. Google is your friend.....

has anyone else noticed that the audio and video are out of sync on a number of the HD channels?

This isn't just today - it's been like it for a few weeks.

Not me. And I just went and checked all the HD channels to reconfirm....the picture and sound are in sync. Maybe it a satellite thing if you are on satellite. I'm on cable TrueVisions in Bangkok.

First my apologies, yes it is ASN for American football not ESPN as I originally said.

Good to hear from 'Animatic' that some Americans too like cricket and it is played over in the States.

No matter what they do someone will figure out a way to crack the system and make some money.

I'll give it less than two week's.

From what I understood they switch to NDS encryption system and I am sorry to say, it will not be "cracked" in the following two weeks. As an old "pirate" for many different system back in Sweden I programmed my own smartcards for many years. When one of the distributors switched to NDS that was all over, this was now 4½ years ago and it is still not cracked. The rest followed and now the 2 largets for sat and the terrestial DVB broadcasters only have paying customers.

I say Thais will crack it within 7 days.

About the re-runs on True, is that because True is not willing to pay more expensive content or is it driven by HBO itself (or AXN etc....).

I understand that some channels such as True Series are "managed" by True and reruns would be their fault but can they control what HBO Asia is providing?

I'd be happy to know this.

I live in Vientiane, Laos and along with many expats here have had Thai Visions for several years through a local dealer, for which we have paid the full rate identical to what people pay in Thailand.

Now True Visions have upgraded their signal to HDTV and installed software to prevent people pirating their signal. I suspected that was what our 'agent' was doing since I couldn't take the a la carte BBC Entertainment option and emailing True Visions in Bangkok produced the response: "We have no agent in Vientiane."

Now we have no TV. What to do?

Philip

USE VTV from Vietinam. Much better that LiarVisions at half the price

correct.. torrents have all the content you could ever want in very HD quality all out there free for the taking. No sat dishes or program guides required. I use a NMT that I tell it what I like to watch and it monitors the schedules and as soon as the shows air they are downloaded and wait for me to press play on my TV

What is an NMT ??

What software handles this sort of scheduling of my viewing ??

I am doing the above but manually.. If there was a slicker way to load the media server, tidy the filesystem, keep correct metadata, I am all for it.

Interested in this.

I live in Vientiane, Laos and along with many expats here have had Thai Visions for several years through a local dealer, for which we have paid the full rate identical to what people pay in Thailand.

Now True Visions have upgraded their signal to HDTV and installed software to prevent people pirating their signal. I suspected that was what our 'agent' was doing since I couldn't take the a la carte BBC Entertainment option and emailing True Visions in Bangkok produced the response: "We have no agent in Vientiane."

No we have no TV. What to do?

Philip

I am sure the same agent will be able to supply you an 'imported' box and card pairing.

I am in cambodia in a few days and I bet the bars there will be howling for boxes. I bet someone could make a nice little earner out of being first in line with 100 UBC HD boxes and HD paired cards. Some of those sports bars need the feed to keep trade alive.

Even if they had the boxes they would not work. The new encryption will not allow it....They can always watch pirated dvds.

Explain ??

If they have a legit true box and legit true card, paired together, true cannot know it is outside of Thailand..

How does the 'new encryption' know the users location through a broadcast only system ?? I think your not thinking this through clearly.

Many of the sports bars over there have 'exported' true boxes and accounts.

Edited by LivinLOS

Now we have no TV. What to do?

Philip

USE VTV from Vietinam. Much better that LiarVisions at half the price

But how would I sign up and pay for the service?

I've just found I can get a live stream of BBC World News at: http://www.livestati...om/en/bbc-world

Philip

Edited by philiplaos

correct.. torrents have all the content you could ever want in very HD quality all out there free for the taking. No sat dishes or program guides required. I use a NMT that I tell it what I like to watch and it monitors the schedules and as soon as the shows air they are downloaded and wait for me to press play on my TV

What is an NMT ??

I am doing the above but manually.. If there was a slicker way to load the media server, tidy the filesystem, keep correct metadata, I am all for it.

Interested in this.

nmt= network media tank... http://www.networked...x.php/Main_Page

there are tons of options out there now and many sold in thailand...

apple makes one http://www.apple.com/appletv/

google makes one http://www.google.com/nexus/#/q

hell.. everyone makes a media tank now. The software is built into the box that automates everything and makes it all easy to use.

Edited by Jayman

No we have no TV. What to do?

Philip

I am sure the same agent will be able to supply you an 'imported' box and card pairing.

I am in cambodia in a few days and I bet the bars there will be howling for boxes. I bet someone could make a nice little earner out of being first in line with 100 UBC HD boxes and HD paired cards. Some of those sports bars need the feed to keep trade alive.

Even if they had the boxes they would not work. The new encryption will not allow it....They can always watch pirated dvds.

Explain ??

If they have a legit true box and legit true card, paired together, true cannot know it is outside of Thailand..

How does the 'new encryption' know the users location through a broadcast only system ?? I think your not thinking this through clearly.

Many of the sports bars over there have 'exported' true boxes and accounts.

he's not.. he's just too dam_n content with his Tata young concerts in HD no less.....

of course you can subscribe and pay for true services and register with a thai address and then take the equipment over to laos and watch from there. As long as you pay your monthly bill they are happy. They only know the adddess you give them.

What is an NMT ??

Interested in this.

nmt= network media tank... http://www.networked...x.php/Main_Page

there are tons of options out there now and many sold in thailand...

apple makes one http://www.apple.com/appletv/

google makes one http://www.google.com/nexus/#/q

hell.. everyone makes a media tank now. The software is built into the box that automates everything and makes it all easy to use.

I use both boxee box and XBMC systems. I have tested popcorn media players, WD Live, etc etc etc.. Almost all of the media players at one stage or another.

What interested me was the automated system you appear to have to search for and pre download content without your input, what sites it monitors, what torrents it auto selects, where it downloads them to, does it get metadata and cover art, etc etc etc.. Is there XBMC or desktop software you use to do this ??

AFAIK neither apple or the google box works as you described.

Edited by LivinLOS

About the re-runs on True, is that because True is not willing to pay more expensive content or is it driven by HBO itself (or AXN etc....).

I understand that some channels such as True Series are "managed" by True and reruns would be their fault but can they control what HBO Asia is providing?

I'd be happy to know this.

The get what they pay for.. The pay small fees to HBO and HBO gives them old stuff. They pay top fees to HBO and they get latest releases....