''Family Mart'' Girl- Advice Please...

davidst01

If her mum is asking for money via western union, that is very weird imo. Although maybe she's living really rural, and there's no banks/ATMs close, but maybe a western union/postshop.

However, the transaction cost of sending money via western union, would likely be quite high compared to sending from a bank account

Since she'd likely be earning a very minimal amount at family mart (maybe 8000 a month), and then having to pay for her cost of living (Which would be significantly higher than if she was in her village in Isaan), she wouldn't have very much to send home to mum, and so with a high transaction cost it really wouldn't be worth sending small amounts.

Especially if her mum is, as you said, asking frequently (assuming she's sending money each time), since she's only getting paid monthly, her mum could only really ask once a month.

Thus, for her to be regularly sending money back to her mum, she'd need to be getting an additional income from somewhere. Maybe try asking her if she has a second job, and if she brings up sending money to her mum, ask how much she's sending, and how much the transaction costs are. I would find it hard to believe she was able to send more than 2,000 a month.

Also if she can speak English, she could have picked it up from school. There are some kids, even very poor kids, who can speak excellent English. If that's the case, she might have moved to Pattaya so that she could practice is more (and maybe meet a farang husband).

The real test to see if she's a bar girl or a real Isaan girl, is to see how conservative she is. Isaan is really conservative, and although she's away from the countryside, she likely will still have a lot of the conservativeness ingrained in her. If she seems like a bit of a tramp, then watch out.

Thanks for the additional replies. Im finding this topic more interesting and the comments above ''see how conservative she is'' ... After my first date with her we walked past my hotel and I asked her if she wanted to stay the night. She made excuses and would not stay with me. Its the first time in thailand in 9 months of being here that a thai girl has knocked me back. So maybe she is conservative.

Im trying to give her the benefit of the doubt as she is a nice girl and Im a good guy!

Mate sorry to rain on your parade, but conservative girls do not go out with tourists(alone, without friends), especially the ones who approach her at work smile.png

Utter nonsense...That's your theory, luckily not all of us categorize women like that. That depends on the man and his approach.

A conservative woman can appreciate a man like that if he shows he is sincere but she will probably hold him at a distance, that might be true but every woman is different from another, no matter the nationality or culture.

lol, i take it you have not met or dated any conservative local girlswhistling.gif

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@phl lol, i take it you have not met or dated any conservative local girlswhistling.gif

Just because you have a theory. Pfft... playing the joker won't help you escape the fact you don't have even a hint on how to take on women.

Something wrong with the angle of the dangle or just the big empty box on top?

Edited by maxme

@phl lol, i take it you have not met or dated any conservative local girlswhistling.gif

Just because you have a theory. Pfft... playing the joker won't help you escape the fact you don't have even a hint on how to take on women.

okcheesy.gif ,i am still to learn from the master on how to take on womenpost-4641-1156694083.gif

You do realize "conservative" girls can not be barfined or found in the bars right?rolleyes.gif

If her mum is asking for money via western union, that is very weird imo. Although maybe she's living really rural, and there's no banks/ATMs close, but maybe a western union/postshop.

However, the transaction cost of sending money via western union, would likely be quite high compared to sending from a bank account

Since she'd likely be earning a very minimal amount at family mart (maybe 8000 a month), and then having to pay for her cost of living (Which would be significantly higher than if she was in her village in Isaan), she wouldn't have very much to send home to mum, and so with a high transaction cost it really wouldn't be worth sending small amounts.

Especially if her mum is, as you said, asking frequently (assuming she's sending money each time), since she's only getting paid monthly, her mum could only really ask once a month.

Thus, for her to be regularly sending money back to her mum, she'd need to be getting an additional income from somewhere. Maybe try asking her if she has a second job, and if she brings up sending money to her mum, ask how much she's sending, and how much the transaction costs are. I would find it hard to believe she was able to send more than 2,000 a month.

Also if she can speak English, she could have picked it up from school. There are some kids, even very poor kids, who can speak excellent English. If that's the case, she might have moved to Pattaya so that she could practice is more (and maybe meet a farang husband).

The real test to see if she's a bar girl or a real Isaan girl, is to see how conservative she is. Isaan is really conservative, and although she's away from the countryside, she likely will still have a lot of the conservativeness ingrained in her. If she seems like a bit of a tramp, then watch out.

Thanks for the additional replies. Im finding this topic more interesting and the comments above ''see how conservative she is'' ... After my first date with her we walked past my hotel and I asked her if she wanted to stay the night. She made excuses and would not stay with me. Its the first time in thailand in 9 months of being here that a thai girl has knocked me back. So maybe she is conservative.

Im trying to give her the benefit of the doubt as she is a nice girl and Im a good guy!

Mate sorry to rain on your parade, but conservative girls do not go out with tourists(alone, without friends), especially the ones who approach her at work smile.png

I agree that the traditional Thai women does not but in the tourist areas where all there friends are with farang there traditions disappear.

Edit: It is still a troll

Edited by ripstanley

okcheesy.gif ,i am still to learn from the master on how to take on womenpost-4641-1156694083.gif

You do realize "conservative" girls can not be barfined or found in the bars right?rolleyes.gif

I never said that you did by saying that conservative women would never go out with a tourist. Where is your proof?

That you even try to persuade that you know that for a fact is laughable as you don't take in X or Y into account. You're making a fool out of yourself bro.

I never said that you did by saying that conservative women would never go out with a tourist. Where is your proof?

That you even try to persuade that you know that for a fact is laughable as you don't take in X or Y into account. You're making a fool out of yourself bro.

Are you really asking for a proof? really?clap2.gif speaking about making a fool out of yourselfrolleyes.gif

Are you really asking for a proof? really?clap2.gif speaking about making a fool out of yourselfrolleyes.gif

To claim something is absolute is absurd, so are you saying you dated women from all provinces and do bear in mind that these women tend to differ from one another.

I agree that the traditional Thai women does not but in the tourist areas where all there friends are with farang there traditions disappear.

Edit: It is still a troll

Still trolls drive out the gremlins... ain't that right phl? coffee1.gif

To claim something is absolute is absurd, so are you saying you dated women from all provinces and do bear in mind that these women tend to differ from one another.

stop trolling! conservative thai girls do not go out alone on a first date-full stop

conservative thai girls do not go out with tourists because it gives them not only bad image but loss of face for the family, especially with a tourist when it is a well known fact that tourists are here just for fun.

Stop hanging around bar girls and do some light reading,even on TV about first dates and how dating works in Thailand

stop trolling! conservative thai girls do not go out alone on a first date-full stop

conservative thai girls do not go out with tourists because it gives them not only bad image but loss of face for the family, especially with a tourist when it is a well known fact that tourists are here just for fun.

Stop hanging around bar girls and do some light reading,even on TV about first dates and how dating works in Thailand

cheesy.gif

One you didn't answer the questions , two you assume I do the stuff you normally do. Sorry who's the troll?!?

Go back in history and check what I do , maybe then you could learn something.

Some pretend to be conservative too bud, either you are a gullible or someone has been lying to ya.

cheesy.gif

One you didn't answer the questions , two you assume I do the stuff you normally do. Sorry who's the troll?!?

Go back in history and check what I do , maybe then you could learn something.

Some pretend to be conservative too bud, either you are a gullible or someone has been lying to ya.

Only this thread is not about you, is it?thumbsup.gif nor are we talking about pretendingrolleyes.gif

My post was very clear, i suggest you re-read it again before continuing to troll

You made it by saying that your answer was definitive... what if you are dead wrong in your assessment and the OP troll or not screws the pooch because of you.

and the trolling continuesrolleyes.gif

if OP screws or does not screw is his choice and none of my business

and yes i stand by my post that conservative/traditional girls do not go out alone with a tourist or go out at all, especially in a city like Pattaya.

It is hard enough to take out a decent girl in Pattaya for an expat speaking the language, with a business and local friends without being chaperoned for the first date or a few

Amusing thread. All the usual stuff about Thai ladies, the Pinkertons looking into the moneytransfers, minimumwages here and there and advice on interegationtectics. All to help the OP to find out if this poor FMemployee is worthy his attention.

No one asks the question to the OP, why he chose to stay, of all places, in a cheap hotel in Pattaya for 9 months, where this lady appearantly was the first one to decline sharing his dirty sheets. And here we are 100 posts later, discussing HER moral/lack of moral.ermm.gif Get real!

• Like 2

You made it by saying that your answer was definitive... what if you are dead wrong in your assessment and the OP troll or not screws the pooch because of you.

and yes i stand by my post that conservative/traditional girls do not go out alone with a tourist or go out at all, especially in a city like Pattaya.

It is hard enough to take out a decent girl in Pattaya for an expat speaking the language, with a business and local friends without being chaperoned for the first date or a few

So you just hang around those neighborhoods I take it, then you should have specified it as Pattaya conservative. Might have ended up better as I might have agreed to that you are a far more of an expert on that subject.

So you just hang around those neighborhoods I take it, then you should have specified it as Pattaya conservative. Might have ended up better as I might have agreed to that you are a far more of an expert on that subject.

Very sorry I do not ONLY hang around hookers.

What neighborhoods are those???

My gf is from same conservative Thai background...but things have moved on from the dark ages.

We have what is a normal western style relationship....I am not looking for anything other than that.

Now flame away to your hearts content....you can't match her wit or anger I'll wager! :lol:

Edited by smokie36

Family mart ? Nobody who has what it takes to be a BG would work such a poor paying job in Pattaya. Probably learned the English from stepdad/farang gig of her mom.

Things are getting more difficult for the internet experts to lay down the judgement, seeing as it's already the second, if not in some rare cases third generation workers in the Pattaya scene. Some might speak quite a few languages fluently, depending on how well the mom or granny performed.

Seriously guy, it has caught my attention...just a question...though. What's so wrong about 'beign isaarn girl' just saw one comment saying 'negative side : isarn girl" something like that. Just curious anyway.

Understand that the majority of most the working girls are from isarn but is it that bad being isarns?

Just take a look at any daytime soap on the TV here. They're the brown, flatnosed simpletons that get a boingboingboing sound every time they open their mouth. On the opposite pole is a powdery white Thai-Chinese Hi-So from BKK with a massively bitchy attitude, she gets to be the star.

It's quite obvious who owns the media here. Some farangs seem to take their cues from there as well.

Edited by DrTuner

Seriously guy, it has caught my attention...just a question...though. What's so wrong about 'beign isaarn girl' just saw one comment saying 'negative side : isarn girl" something like that. Just curious anyway.

Understand that the majority of most the working girls are from isarn but is it that bad being isarns?

Just take a look at any daytime soap on the TV here. They're the brown, flatnosed simpletons that get a boingboingboing sound every time they open their mouth. On the opposite pole is a powdery white Thai-Chinese Hi-So from BKK with a massively bitchy attitude, she gets to be the star.

It's quite obvious who owns the media here. Some farangs seem to take their cues from there as well.

So it seems...

Interesting to note who watches Thai soaps innit...:D

Thai family. I've tried cutting the antenna cables, digging a hole in the ground and living there, all sorts of earplugs, you name it. It's like morlam, it penetrates your mind no matter how hard you try. It was the Chinese who perfected brainwashing, I seem to recall ... as a side effect, I have trouble cutting anything with a knife. My vision gets all pixelated.

Something just hit me. Why does the mother want the money Western Union. If she is in Thailand it is most common to transfer money and a lot cheaper from Bank to Bank. It's doesn't cost to open an account except to have a small deposit.

So you think that WU only has a presence in Thailand to serve hookers and their sponsors? Maybe that's how you became familiar with it but contrary to what you think, not all Thai's have bank accounts and lots of Thai's work in menial jobs. For example, casual labourers in the construction business get paid in cash and live in corrugated tin 'dormitories'. They send their money 'home' to a family member who banks it there rather than have it stolen. That's what WU is all about..

I have never heard of a Thai Somchai using WU to send money upcountry. I think the charges would be a couple of days work already and the receiving end would have to travel to civilization to get it. WU seems to be a remnant left before ATM's and Internet banking.

Why would someone from Isaan move to Pattaya to work at a Family Mart?

Because there is no work in the Village ?

and there are much less 7-11s and Family Marts up country in Isaan, where mom and pop shops are more the norm. The majority of 7-11s and Family Mart's are in Greater BKK, central Thailand and places like Pattaya smile.png

Have you ever been to KK city? There's about 8-10 7-11s on the University campus alone.

Yes thanks. You quote one of the exceptions, which is why I wrote "more the norm". KK is one of the largest cities in Isaan as well as probably the largest and most popular university in Isaan. It's not necessarily typical of the majority, so no real surprise it has more 7-11's than most other Isaan cities.

Even then KK is still well short of BKK tho which has over half of 7-11's. There are probably more 7-11's on Sukhumvit Rd in BKK than entire KK.

Think about it. On the stats:

Over half 7-11's are in BKK = one province.

Isaan is 20ish provinces of 76 total

BKK population say 10mio - varies on how you measure

Isaan well over 20mio+ population

4 largest provinces in Isaan: Udon T, KK, Khorat, Ubon R make up something like 30% - 40% of Isaan's population (province not just city)

16 smaller Isaan provinces with a combined population exceeding BKK, and combined population exceeding the Big 4 Isaan provinces, have less 7-11's than BKK. These are more the norm than the big 4, and hence where the statement comes from.

smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile

I have never heard of a Thai Somchai using WU to send money upcountry. I think the charges would be a couple of days work already and the receiving end would have to travel to civilization to get it. WU seems to be a remnant left before ATM's and Internet banking.

Another one only familiar with WU's rates from a sponsors point of view.