Manhattans Steak House?

JusticeFT96

Ok so was trying down thepasit (sp) road yesterday, stopped at the lights opposite country bar and I noticed this place, is it open? It looked to have a nice layout from the outside, wasnt decorated too well for people to see what it was, the signs you can barely make out. I love steak, usually dont bother with places around here, might try it at cafe des amis but usually I just buy wagyu from central and do myself.

Has anyone been here? Is it any good? Are the steaks tasty? Big? Or would I just be letting myself in for a disapointment again with so many other steaks I have had in Thailand?

That is Thappaya road. Manhattan has been there for years, but up on top of the road, not near the beach as I think you're suggesting - unless they moved or opened another branch recently?

There have been many threads discussing Manhattan, search for it in this forum.

I've enjoyed some excellent steaks all over Thailand. I never order local beef, but imported is generally very good. A chef mate in Phuket tells me there is some excellent local beef. But you need to know what your looking for.

I've always enjoyed the Beefeater for a good ribeye. I've heard Manhattans is excellent, but expensive.

At one time Manhattans used to advertise extensively on local TV. Never seem to see any of their ads these days though.

Probably realised none of them worked and word of mouth worked best - same with our businesses

Manhattans Bar was getting refurbished but the restraunt was still open. I enjoyed the food and the service was good..Higher end price point.

Food is nowhere near as good as what is was several years ago. The re-furb is also horrible.

• Like 1

Manhattans Bar was getting refurbished but the restraunt was still open. I enjoyed the food and the service was good..Higher end price point.

Food is nowhere near as good as what is was several years ago. The re-furb is also horrible.

Is the bar refurbishment finished now as it seemed to take an awful long time and i have to say apart from the fact that we think after it changed hands it went downhill the refurb going on also put us off as it never looked like anything was being done!!!!!!

All the above noted,

whats the place to go and get a good stake, at a good price, day time pattaya or Jomtien?

A lot of people say Beefeaters is good but I have never eaten there myself. the reviews on trip advisor aren't too positive though.

All the above noted,

whats the place to go and get a good stake, at a good price, day time pattaya or Jomtien?

A lot of people say Beefeaters is good but I have never eaten there myself. the reviews on trip advisor aren't too positive though.

Yes, i have heard the same but nowhere to park ( car ).

The wife and I have eaten there many times and the food has always been good. The decor is very New York steakhouse and they are now using iPads for menus. Bring your wallet. I have spent upwards of THB 15000 for dinner and wine for 2 people.

All the above noted,

Yes, i have heard the same but nowhere to park ( car ).

Just park in the AVE shopping centre and walk its only a 5 min walk

The wife and I have eaten there many times and the food has always been good. The decor is very New York steakhouse and they are now using iPads for menus. Bring your wallet. I have spent upwards of THB 15000 for dinner and wine for 2 people.

Fifteen thousand Baht!! do you get to take the iPad home with you??!!

• Like 1

All the above noted,

It certainly no gourmets delight, nor is the location breathtaking. But the food is good. From what I read most whingers are either ill-informed or cheap charlies expecting a 300gm imported tenderloin for ten bucks.

It's clean, and seems well managed. Expat on the floor.

Edited by happyaussie

• 1 month later...

Still looking for a decent steak? I found it! Toscana restaurant on Beach Road. Australian beef, 20+ ounces, perfectly cooked and delicious.

post-64390-0-65832300-1346044118_thumb.j

What no chips? and lemon with steak? still it looks good.

That'll be the Italian way! Had mash and spinach on the side.

Still looking for a decent steak? I found it! Toscana restaurant on Beach Road. Australian beef, 20+ ounces, perfectly cooked and delicious.

post-64390-0-65832300-1346044118_thumb.j

I know both Toscana and Manhatten and have been in both back in May. Both expensive, specially if you - like me - love Italien wines...

- for steaks, Manhatten is my favorite

- for Italien, it's Toscana

But... if you ever want to try Wagyu Kobe... go to Bruno's and enjoy that delicious beef.... don't forget your credit cards ;-)

All the above noted,

You should probably ask JT about that!whistling.gif

Seriously, I have been there once, and that was about three years ago. Nothing wrong with the steak, but rather small for the price they charged.

I can recommend the steak in Patrick's Belgian restaurant unless you need the ambiance of a 4/5 star place. Great taste for a very reasonable price. It's just past Beefeater, on the opposite side when you come from Beach rd.

Edited by MZurf

For steak it's either Beefeater or I do my own. I've still to try the BBQ Room at Royal Cliff, but otherwise.. I'm pretty adept at cooking my steaks and aside from Beefeater, none of the restaurants I've tried here have come close.

You should probably ask JT about that!whistling.gif

Thanks, but not really. I concluded years ago that the value for money proposition for excellent steak in Thailand is a non starter. Similar to WINE here. I'm about delicious plus value. I can live without the large slabs of meat. Memories of Argentina will need to sustain the steak lust part of me. Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Since they changed owners, their stakes went down hill. I had 3 horrible

meals there and never went back. The old owner (Dave) used to care

and come around and make sure everything was perfect. The new owner

didn't give a shit.

Cheers,

rudi