Thai Advice – What Not To Do When It Comes To Dating

David48

Thai Advice – What Not To Do When It Comes To Dating The Fairer Sex

Recently I came across a website which offered the standard advice when dating a Thai Lady.

But also offered some absolute clangers.

Here are two of them …

• Small thoughtful inexpensive gifts like a rose, or pocket Anglo-Thai dictionary etc. WILL be appreciated.

• Do NOT be surprised if your lady wants to trim your nails, comb your hair, and enjoys attending to your washing and cleaning etc.

Now, I’m a bit of a traditional values sort of guy, probably a bit of a Romantic.

But some of the tripe that is written to assist us bridge the Cultural divide can only be described as laughable.

What is the worst advice you were given while learning the cut of the cloth here in Thailand?

EDIT:- removed the phrase Thai Dating Service, replaced with the word website

Edited by David48

I learned how to woo women when I was a teenager and don't need dating sites to show me how to do it. When I first visited Thailand I just used the same methods that have always worked elsewhere and guess what?....they worked !

Agreed, we don't need dating sites to inform us of things.

We get information from many sources, Forums like this, casual Bar conversations girl friends of mates, whether they are Thai or not.

I learned how to woo women when I was a teenager and don't need dating sites to show me how to do it. When I first visited Thailand I just used the same methods that have always worked elsewhere and guess what?....they worked !

My folks were excellent role models.. hence ....

Well said that trainman!

Personally I have always been very very average at wooing women...I'll take all the help I can get! w00t.gif

• Like 2

I found dating here really easy, just pick a number.

I was told they only have numbers because sometimes it is hard to pronounce their names................rolleyes.gif

And they all look the same after the first 12 bottles anyway

Here are two of them …

• Small thoughtful inexpensive gifts like a rose, or pocket Anglo-Thai dictionary etc. WILL be appreciated.

• Do NOT be surprised if your lady wants to trim your nails, comb your hair, and enjoys attending to your washing and cleaning etc.

Why are these absolute clangers?

Don't fart at the dinner table ?

If she farts at the dinner table, apolgise yourself and in doing so lull her into a false sense of security in the belief you are a perfect gentleman.

One should always carry a box of matches, in case one's date lets one rip.

• Like 1

Here are two of them …

The first one sets a precedent. The second one assumes all Thai women are docile and subservient.

Don't date broke babes who can not earn, what she feels, is enough income to take care of herself.

And never give (or send) money.

If you DO give (or send) money, the dynamics of the relationship will be altered in her favor. You will have relinquished control, and she will know it.

Don't fall in love with a prostitute -- ever.

is this the voice of experience, or prejudice?

It's sound advice which an obvious newbie such as yourself would do well to adhere to.

Thanks. I take it you're a "born-again" old hand. I think I recognise you from your avatar...

SC

• Like 1

Here are two of them …

The first one sets a precedent. The second one assumes all Thai women are docile and subservient.

She would rather you gave her the 10bht, than gave her the 10bht rose.

Not a clanger but entirely true, often mistaken for subservience by western people, but in reality more a cultural tradition.

(You see all the daft male foreigners wai-ing everyone in sight ........ not that's subservience.)

Here are two of them …

She would rather you gave her the 10bht, than gave her the 10bht rose.

This is true. Very often, my fellow Thailand Experts and I notice that Farang men take their dates to expensive restaurants.

These men are all oblivious to the fact that the Thai girl would rather eat at a cheap restaurant AND POCKET the difference.

Edited by TheThailandExpert
  • Like 1

Here are two of them …

A few of the boys replied above but ...

This was supposed to be 'Dating advice'.

Flowers ... I suggested it once to the Thai gf ... as a nice present to her Mother.

Tgf just laughed and replied, Honey up to you but if you buy them Mother will think <deleted>, the family can't eat them, but her some cooking oil ... far better gift if you want to impress her.

The Tgf's sentiments were the same.

Pocket dictionary is yesterday’s technology since the introduction of the smart phone and Tablet.

As for the second point ... it's 'Dating Advice', not marriage advice.

Edited by David48

Don't fall in love with a prostitute -- ever.

Crikey. Are you sure?

My fiance is different from all the other bar girls. I know that when I go off to work, she doesn't go with customers. I know it, because she told me.

The 20,000 baht I send every month gives her the income so that she doesn't have to date other guys. Plus, I know that she doesn't fool around because her brother comes to stay with her when I'm not there and he keeps an eye on her. They do everything together and it is really a close brother-sister relationship. He even gave up his job as a ping pong artist on Bangla to do this. I'm so lucky. whistling.gif