Where Can I Buy A Scooter Helmet Near Khoa San Road?

chiko930

I'm leaving the city tomorrow and will be learning to ride a scooter in a small village but need to get a helmet before then. Can anyone tell me where I can buy an open face one near khoa san? I know I should buy a good quality full face but due to cost and comfort issues, I'm reasoning that an open face with visor will be better than nothing. Everyone there doesn't bother with helmets but I feel I need one and will of course check that it fits properly. I would like to spend under 4000b. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you aCtually want protection rather than compliance and your riding will be in a village you might be better off buying a very good quality push bike helmet rather than a cheap Thai helmet. It would be both safer and more comfortable.

The money you are talking about will get you a real somewhat quality bike helmet, but you would need to go to a proper bike shop.

The space helmets Thais wear are about 500 baht, the real Thai helmet (Index brand) are under 2000 baht. These are probably what you would find around KS road.

Thanks, I think I will go for a 'Real' helmet, though I'm still not sure where I can find one as I haven't seen any within walking distance of khoa san. Am a little worried about asking a taxi to take me to somewhere I don't know in case they take me to the other side of bangkok!

Re: bicycle helmets... do they offer enough protection? I won't be going more than 20/30mph but would still like to be as safe as possible. Would they offerenough face protection?

Thanks, I think I will go for a 'Real' helmet, though I'm still not sure where I can find one as I haven't seen any within walking distance of khoa san. Am a little worried about asking a taxi to take me to somewhere I don't know in case they take me to the other side of bangkok!

Re: bicycle helmets... do they offer enough protection? I won't be going more than 20/30mph but would still like to be as safe as possible. Would they offerenough face protection?

NOOOOOOO

Also motorcycle taxi not car taxi :D

They will probably know somewhere within 10 minutes.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Edited by thaicbr

you can go to 'Worachak" Road/area where they sell bike parts etc. There are many helmet shop around there and it is close, around 4-5 km, to Kaosarn road

There you can find good selection of Helmets and also cheap riding gear and possibly some custom parts for your scooter for cheap too!