Just A Fun Poll For Everybody...

tominbkk

Mountain Lion Poll!  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i have 10.8 installed since a few months already on my Notebook ...

but it has some changes which i personally do not like (like missing web server options) (not somethings does kill you .. (can still start/stop via command line)

and some lib's are not finding the way home ... because with 10.8 the sandboxing (which was started with Lion) will be now enforced.

i have 10.8 installed since a few months already on my Notebook ...

but it has some changes which i personally do not like (like missing web server options) (not somethings does kill you .. (can still start/stop via command line)

and some lib's are not finding the way home ... because with 10.8 the sandboxing (which was started with Lion) will be now enforced.

Those are probably things I can do without, though I can see how they would be important for some.

Overall, I'm looking forward to the user interface updates....are they a big improvement to ML or just a little better, or what. Does the OS operate faster?

the UI improvements are great .. like status indicators in finder and things like this ..

the notification center (like on iOS 5) made its way to OSX .. and serval other things ..

mail app is MUCH faster .. overall its getting more and more merged with iOS in a very smooth way ..

underway there are technology things are being implemented as well ...

but the old school apple-way ...

so you will find a lot of blogs complaining about things .. but mostly this is because of lazy programmers not following the standards.

its now almost 6 months since mountain lion was available to developers ... (enough time to get things sorted)

one major thing is the sandboxing ... if a app does NOT support it ... it simply won't work.

this was in Lion already the case but lion did not take it that seriously ..

now (2 years later) its time to narrow this hole. and she coders might wake up tomorrow instead of 2 years ago ;)

overall .. i would recumbent it for everyone ... the improvements are standing way out the downsides.

waiting won't change so much ... there has been already about 15 updates to Mountain lion while the beta phase ... where all bugs i have noted where sorted out.

what greatly annoys me is that they have quietly removed the apache controls ...

but the web services are still being shipped .... (just have to enable it the hard way) ;)