Offensive Sign

smokie36

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only time a woman may find that notice offensive, if she were a freelancer out on the pull.

Could prove bad for business and perhaps that establishment have had problems in the past and this is the reason that notice is displayed?

Two young professional Thai women decide to drop by for a Gin and Tonic and are pointed towards the sign.....can you explain to them why they cannot have a drink at a bar in their own town please?

Can't trust anyone...they could be in disguise.

CC's was a place a few of us used to go to to avoid all the HALLO HANDSOM man calls and the prats trying to shove perv adverts in your face. It was nice to sit down and have a beer and chat before once more diving back into the dens of eniquity( is that spelt rite ),? (have I got the question mark in the right place ) ?

No one took it seriously, meaning, lets go there for a cheap beer, it was just an easy place to sit without getting all the usual crap thrown in your face, although at the time I was going there you quite often got skimmed by a car going through the Soi, believe it now is a no car street.

Not a place to take seriously, not a place to take someone to impress them, just a good place to grab a beer and a chat, nothing more.

Can remember a huge rat that sometimes made an appearance among all the crap on the wall, just added interest and could often promote a change in the direction of the conversation.

Ah, the good old days, but now even Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.smile.png

• Like 1

No two professional Thai women would be seen in a place like that. I've been there with mates but would never take a g/f.

Thank you for speaking on behalf of all "professional" Thai women.....

I've worked with many professional Thai women in Times Square, Central Chidlom and Wireless Road and if any of the young women wanted a drink they most definitely wouldn't go to Cheap Charlies or anywhere near it. Have you seen the type of men that hang around that area?

The only women the would want to drink there are ones on the game.

You must work in a convent. There are many bars and clubs on soi 11 frequented by 'professional' women. Bed supper club, Q bar to name but two.

To be honest, it was about 10 - 15 years ago, it may have/probably has changed. I can't remember any of those clubs you mention.

Paragon of bigotry, you mean.

From the 3 locations he's given for his "working with professionals" I'd guess he's a 300B p/h TEFLer so what would you expect....?

How on earth do you figure that out? Actually you are correct with one of the places but more 700 B p/h.

Please explain how TEFLers are paragons of bigotry.

If you want a debate about the integrity of TEFLers and sexpats in that area, I'd be glad to join.

CC's was a place a few of us used to go to to avoid all the HALLO HANDSOM man calls and the prats trying to shove perv adverts in your face. It was nice to sit down and have a beer and chat before once more diving back into the dens of eniquity( is that spelt rite ),? ...

Inequity

Edited by StreetCowboy

No two professional Thai women would be seen in a place like that. I've been there with mates but would never take a g/f.

I've worked with many professional Thai women in Times Square, Central Chidlom and Wireless Road and if any of the young women wanted a drink they most definitely wouldn't go to Cheap Charlies or anywhere near it. Have you seen the type of men that hang around that area?

I take it you hang around that area.

Sent from my HTC phone.

I do. It`s a middle aged crisis thing and will save that for another thread.

CC's was a place a few of us used to go to to avoid all the HALLO HANDSOM man calls and the prats trying to shove perv adverts in your face. It was nice to sit down and have a beer and chat before once more diving back into the dens of eniquity( is that spelt rite ),? (have I got the question mark in the right place ) ?

No one took it seriously, meaning, lets go there for a cheap beer, it was just an easy place to sit without getting all the usual crap thrown in your face, although at the time I was going there you quite often got skimmed by a car going through the Soi, believe it now is a no car street.

Not a place to take seriously, not a place to take someone to impress them, just a good place to grab a beer and a chat, nothing more.

Can remember a huge rat that sometimes made an appearance among all the crap on the wall, just added interest and could often promote a change in the direction of the conversation.

Ah, the good old days, but now even Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.smile.png

I'll remember you to the rat, if I see him.

Isn't Cheap Charlies just down form the Pickled Liver?

I don't really know the streets around there, so I'd rather not comment on the type of ladies, or gentlemen, or signs, that you might see around there..

SC

CC's was a place a few of us used to go to to avoid all the HALLO HANDSOM man calls and the prats trying to shove perv adverts in your face. It was nice to sit down and have a beer and chat before once more diving back into the dens of eniquity( is that spelt rite ),? ...

Inequity

Depends on your side of the pondsmile.png

From the 3 locations he's given for his "working with professionals" I'd guess he's a 300B p/h TEFLer so what would you expect....?

How on earth do you figure that out? Actually you are correct with one of the places but more 700 B p/h.

If you want a debate about the integrity of TEFLers and sexpats in that area, I'd be glad to join.

An area you haven't been to in 15 years? I'm sure you'll be able to offer a wealth of relative experience to the debate.

I do have one question though. Why is it that after work all professionals remove their ties except for TEFLs? You can spot an English teacher a mile off by the sheen of nylon strips hanging down from their stubbly chins.

I don't really know the streets around there, so I'd rather not comment on the type of ladies, or gentlemen, or signs, that you might see around there..

SC

That's the one, although the PL has now moved to soi 7/1. Now that's a soi of inequity if ever there was one.

[

To be honest, it was about 10 - 15 years ago, it may have/probably has changed. I can't remember any of those clubs you mention.

so you are willing to post definitively on the basis of 10 year old information.

As i explained earlier the sign at cheap charlies was put up on the insistence of the family who owns the majority of the sub soi and the guest house.

when they built the guesthouse, they chased out the existing massage places and told sathit to moderate his clientele or lose his business

Edited by nocturn

An area you haven't been to in 15 years? I'm sure you'll be able to offer a wealth of relative experience to the debate.

I do have one question though. Why is it that after work all professionals remove their ties except for TEFLs? You can spot an English teacher a mile off by the sheen of nylon strips hanging down from their stubbly chins.

Why do people feel the need to talk about TEFLs in derogatory terms? You might have got a sensible answer if you asked "Why don't TEFLs take their ties off?" I normally remove my tie if I'm driving, as I don't want to look too Lee Brilleaux in case there's sharp-eyed coppers about.

• Like 2

SC

That's the one, although the PL has now moved to soi 7/1. Now that's a soi of inequity if ever there was one.

That doesn't seem fair

I have absolutely no idea, if the question was aimed at me. Maybe it could be that they are new to town and not used to wearing a tie as they were formerly a bus driver or butcher.

Maybe it's just your perception.

Anyways I thought all us farang looked the same to you Thais.

They were both there 10 years ago.

What about 13 years ago?

Q bar set up about that time. Zanzibar was definitely there at that time as was the German beer place just after Suk 11. Plenty of places for professional ladies to frequent. Funny though that you think your experiences from 13 years ago would be relevant today even if they weren't there at that time. Which they were...

I have absolutely no idea, if the question was aimed at me. Maybe it could be that they are new to town and not used to wearing a tie as they were formerly a bus driver or butcher.

Anyways I thought all us farang looked the same to you Thais.

SC

Last time I was there was maybe 6 years ago, so obvoiusly can't comment on todays status.

That whole soi has probably changed, just like everything else. That is not a cry to say I wish things were the way they were by the way.

In 15 years time there will be people posting on this or similar sites with the old " ee not as good when ah were a lad". See, Scottish accent always comes out,

I try not to take things seriously, there's enough of that sh-t flying around the world as it is.

My outlook is to enjoy what time is left to me.

If I want to I can go to an expensive restaurant or I can go to a cheap bar, if I enjoy the experience in both and someone asks me about it I will tell them the truth, but with the statement that, " I enjoyed it, why don't you try it, maybe you will or maybe you won't, up to you !

Just thought I'd finish on a well known phrase or saying.

That is basically how I've treated the place. It is a good place to go for a relaxed chat, and incredibly, it is actually a reasonable place to meet people without too much formality. I've gone there with Thai's, but obviously it is a bit of a farang hang out for those not on the pull.

The whole subsoi has undergone a bit of a rennaisance, with Tapas bars and the like taking over from the tired old pubs and Indian restuarants. A nice little oasis in what is otherwise the craphole known as lower Sukhumvit, where freelancers and their not so classy clientel tend to avoid.

• Like 1

That is basically how I've treated the place. It is a good place to go for a relaxed chat, and incredibly, it is actually a reasonable place to meet people without too much formality. I've gone there with Thai's, but obviously it is a bit of a farang hang out for those not on the pull.

The whole subsoi has undergone a bit of a rennaisance, with Tapas bars and the like taking over from the tired old pubs and Indian restuarants. A nice little oasis in what is otherwise the craphole known as lower Sukhumvit, where freelancers and their not so classy clientel tend to avoid.

The tired old Indian restaurants are still there. It always baffled me why you would want to open an Indian restaurant next to an Indian restaurant.

You must work in a convent. There are many bars and clubs on soi 11 frequented by 'professional' women. Bed supper club, Q bar to name but two.

Qbar has plenty of 'professionals' every night. Although they may dress a bit nicer than when at their other haunts

The tired old Indian restaurants are still there. It always baffled me why you would want to open an Indian restaurant next to an Indian restaurant.

Same family, brothers fell out about 1986..they opened different restaurants then died, the kids got on just fine, they kept on currrying....Nilly will tell the tale....

Well...

Haven't we got a few red faces here tonight....?

I've got nowt much else to say but I'm glad I've shown up a few bullshitters here who reckon they only work with "professional" women like our TEFL master and I will gladly have you a debate on why TEFLers ar just a bunch of losers...

PM me the appropriate forum and let's go....

For the rest of you, only comment on what you actually know anything about. There is always someone who knows better...

Well...

Haven't we got a few red faces here tonight....?

I've got nowt much else to say but I'm glad I've shown up a few bullshitters here who reckon they only work with "professional" women like our TEFL master and I will gladly have you a debate on why TEFLers ar just a bunch of losers...

PM me the appropriate forum and let's go....

For the rest of you, only comment on what you actually know anything about. There is always someone who knows better...

I find that the people who don't know are less ignorant