Offensive Sign

smokie36

EDIT: My apologies to the Russians, by the way. Most of the former Soviet Republic ladies that I have met in bars around the world were from republics other than Russia. I should know better, having been called English so often. Again, my apologies. And also to the ladies from other republics.

Do you really think any of them are on here reading this crap?

• Like 1

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: My apologies to the Russians, by the way. Most of the former Soviet Republic ladies that I have met in bars around the world were from republics other than Russia. I should know better, having been called English so often. Again, my apologies. And also to the ladies from other republics.

Do you really think any of them are on here reading this crap?

Well you are.

And I would hate to accidentally hurt the feelings of a complete stranger.

SC

Ah Kilgore - where would we be without your bile filled rants on a Sunday morning? Did you ever take a moment to consider that it isn't every foreigner who is a target of dislike...just you?

I certainly don't frequent places that would have a sign like that, so no, I didn't consider that notion.

Certainly then it is fair to ask that if you take offense from a little sign that you somehow have construed to be anti-farang, why you even bother with the entire country of Thailand when you are so convinced Thai people have it in for you?

Rubbish. You've missed the OP's point.

No "good girl" would take offence at the sign as it's obvious who the sign is directed at.

No hooker would take offence since they're used to this kind of thing.

The women who take "offence" are the H.....KERs in disguise.

Only tourists fall for this crap.

• Like 1

Ah Kilgore - where would we be without your bile filled rants on a Sunday morning? Did you ever take a moment to consider that it isn't every foreigner who is a target of dislike...just you?

I certainly don't frequent places that would have a sign like that, so no, I didn't consider that notion.

Certainly then it is fair to ask that if you take offense from a little sign that you somehow have construed to be anti-farang, why you even bother with the entire country of Thailand when you are so convinced Thai people have it in for you?

Rubbish. You've missed the OP's point.

No "good girl" would take offence at the sign as it's obvious who the sign is directed at.

No hooker would take offence since they're used to this kind of thing.

The women who take "offence" are the H.....KERs in disguise.

Only tourists fall for this crap.

and I think you've missed my point.

Some defamatory posts have been removed.

Forum rule 6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

Edit: A comment on moderation has also been removed.

Edited by 7by7

• 2 weeks later...

I think you can be prosecuted in England for having an offensive wife in public. don't know about Thailand. although i know you can get prosocuted for standing on the cracks in the sidewalk/pavemnet in Thailand, it costs 100baht i think.

lol that is Cheap Charlies.

I see women drinking there in groups all the time, there is just all types of signs there, like no sh1tting in the toilets but people do. I think it is suppose to be funny, but there sense of humor is obviously a little screwed.

lol that is Cheap Charlies.

I see women drinking there in groups all the time, there is just all types of signs there, like no sh1tting in the toilets but people do. I think it is suppose to be funny, but there sense of humor is obviously a little screwed.

It's signs like these that really offend me

lol thats a good one.

I agree with you.

Having walked past this place many times, never inticed to go in.

Just full of white people, and I can get that at home anytime.

If I travel to Thailand, I wish to migle with Thais, not my own culture.

Lucky they didn't have a sign saying 'No Dogs Allowed' Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I don't know why you would be in Soi 11 "many times" (or even the Sukhumvit) if you don't like mingling with "white people".

Couple of remarks to make.

'White People' was a poor choice of words on my behalf.

But I don't wish to travel half-way round the world to mix with people essentually the same culture as me.

Surely an intelligent and well travelled person as yourself would understand that.

As for why Soi 11.

Well Lower Sukhumvit is handy to both the metro, skytrain and the Hospital where I had to attend, hence the logic of staying in a Hotel in that area.

I'm relatively new to this Forum, but have travelled through many countries.

Where ever I travel I hope to meet and chat with 'the locals' (for want of a better term).

Thai hospitality and friendiness was what bought you to Thailand wasn't it?

So, if I stay within my own Western Culture, I don't open myself up to new experiences.

Mind you, it is a little difficult to speak English here outside of the Hospitality circles.

I hope that clears up my previous comment.

Edited by Schmackos

I agree with you.

I don't know why you would be in Soi 11 "many times" (or even the Sukhumvit) if you don't like mingling with "white people".

biggrin.png Exactly. Shows his naivity. He's obviously a newbie here, fallen in love with all things thai, farang are evil wai's all the kids, road signs and soi dogs blah blah blah....when do you start your buddha lessons pal? sick.gif

Dear Mr carmine, I find your comments very narrow minded.

I am sure if we were to meet, you would find me the exact opposite of what you presume my opinion and thoughts to be.

I am not naive as I have an open mind to many things and new experiences, which obviously you do not have.

Neither am I a newbie as you describe me and have travelled quite a lot of the world.

As for Thai culture, for me, the culture is in the people, many of whom I hope to meet.

Farang are not evil and nor did I imply that.

I could continue with my rebuttal, but why waste my time trying to convince someone with a narrow view, closed mind and prone to sterotyping.

I agree with you.

biggrin.png Exactly. Shows his naivity. He's obviously a newbie here, fallen in love with all things thai, farang are evil wai's all the kids, road signs and soi dogs blah blah blah....when do you start your buddha lessons pal? sick.gif

I am sure if we were to meet, you would find me the exact opposite of what you presume my opinion and thoughts to be.

I am not naive as I have an open mind to many things and new experiences, which obviously you do not have.

Neither am I a newbie as you describe me and have travelled quite a lot of the world.

As for Thai culture, for me, the culture is in the people, many of whom I hope to meet.

I could continue with my rebuttal, but why waste my time trying to convince someone with a narrow view, closed mind and prone to sterotyping.

Go easy on Smokes, he comes by it naturally. Something to do with being a Spurs supporter.

• Like 1

I agree with you.

You're making your mind up after reading one post?

Isn't that a tad narrow minded in itself??

Just sayin' mind.....tongue.png

I think the only time a woman may find that notice offensive, if she were a freelancer out on the pull.

Could prove bad for business and perhaps that establishment have had problems in the past and this is the reason that notice is displayed?

Two young professional Thai women decide to drop by for a Gin and Tonic and are pointed towards the sign.....can you explain to them why they cannot have a drink at a bar in their own town please?

Apparently they are willing to risk losing the business of your female friends. I do not necessarily agree with the bar's view, but its their choice to alienate potential customers. I would recommend finding another bar.

I'm interested to know how he intends to 'go in' to the bar (cheap charlies) when he walks past many times.

• Like 1

You think this is bad, I guess you have not been down kao San rd much, lots of guest houses there will not allow Thai people to stay there...

Agreed. I am thinking how is the feeling of Thai people when they are not welcome (in some place) in their mother land, but in other side I also understand what happened in Kao San road before they prevent it by the way not allow Thai people stay there in many guesthouses.

You think this is bad, I guess you have not been down kao San rd much, lots of guest houses there will not allow Thai people to stay there...

Agreed. I am thinking how is the feeling of Thai people when they are not welcome (in some place) in their mother land, but in other side I also understand what happened in Kao San road before they prevent it by the way not allow Thai people stay there in many guesthouses.

Wouldn't have thought any Thai aside from hookers would want to stay in Khoa San Back Packer. The place is a hole.

Dear Mr carmine, <snip>

I'm interested to know how he intends to 'go in' to the bar (cheap charlies) when he walks past many times.

I stayed a hotel near there (Soi 11) with my sister last year.

Have you ever been into 'Cheap Charlies'?

There is no Bar ... nothing to go 'in to'

So can easily see the demographics from the footpath.

Walked past the place many a time and also had no desire to imbibe there ... and I like all nationalities ... biggrin.png

Dear Mr carmine, <snip>

I stayed a hotel near there (Soi 11) with my sister last year.

Have you ever been into 'Cheap Charlies'?

There is no Bar ... nothing to go 'in to'

So can easily see the demographics from the footpath.

Walked past the place many a time and also had no desire to imbibe there ... and I like all nationalities ... biggrin.png

Thats why I was asking how the other poster could say he has never had any inclination togo in the bar. You can't. Which make me wonder if he is just making up he knows which bar we are referring to.