Want To Give Away Used English Language Books

DoctorD

Hello,

We tend to read books and then get rid of them so that we don't fill up our apartment. So we normally have a bunch to give away.

Can anyone suggest a worthy organization that might be interested in receiving them? Most are adult level so they wouldn't be appropriate for schools. Some are best-seller types of titles, others more literary. Do Thai libraries want English books?

Thanks for any input.

Best,

Doctor D

There's some charities collect books for prisoners, in the belief that education and development of the intellect reduces re-offending.

Last time the topic came up on this thread, though, the consensus was that it was better the prisoners were miserable, even at the expense of future recidivism.

SC

There's some charities collect books for prisoners, in the belief that education and development of the intellect reduces re-offending.

Last time the topic came up on this thread, though, the consensus was that it was better the prisoners were miserable, even at the expense of future recidivism.

SC

They gave them some Jeffrey Archer books to read?

• Like 1

SC

They gave them some Jeffrey Archer books to read?

Cruel and unusual, that would be

• Like 2

Thai library? Whats that, never seen one. Maybe they exist in schools and colleges but AFAIK there's no public libraries, certainly never seen one in the Pattaya area. Maybe BKK?

We have a public library in Kan small town, and one thinks each town has one as well. Also we have a couple of book exchanges as well on Menam Khwae (Kwai) road.

Now you know thumbsup.gif

Win from Kanchanaburi wai.gif

Thai library? Whats that, never seen one. Maybe they exist in schools and colleges but AFAIK there's no public libraries, certainly never seen one in the Pattaya area. Maybe BKK?

We have a public library in Kan small town, and one thinks each town has one as well. Also we have a couple of book exchanges as well on Menam Khwae (Kwai) road.

I have seen a couple of book exchanges in Pattaya, wouldn't think that passes for public libraries though. Someone mentioned a public library off Thepprasit Rd, but there are very few around, in fact that's the only one I've ever heard mentioned. My Thai lady is an avid reader and I have to constantly buy books for her because there are no libraries. Where I come from in Oz every council district would have a public library.

Edited by giddyup

Where I come from in Oz every council district would have a public library.

Having lived in Thailand for just over 20 years, they do have them, just ask a local or two and they will tell you where it/they could be found. clap2.gif

Win wai.gif

Actually sent several lots over the years to someone who was distributing them to prisoners in Chiang Mai. Alas, the latest word is that the guards were stealing them and selling them to used book stores. I suppose I shouldn't have been as dismayed as I was by that news. Sigh.