Experts Needed For Rare Question Re Multiple Entry Visa

Hi all

I have a british passport andhave a dependent visa, my other half has a work permit. My visa is due to expire on Friday. I went to the one stop immigration office today and was told to get a new passport as mine is water damaged and they won't accept it, although you CAN see the visa and it's date. That aside, I need some advice! to order a new passport will take five weeks and I'll leave you to work out the fine I'll have to pay for over staying my visa. Apparently I can get a temporary travel document from the british embassy and do a visa run to get a multiple entry on that one. This will give me time to return and order the actual new passport. The question is: does anyone know which country in SE Asia will accept my temporary passport AND issue me a multiple entry visa back into Thailand? I can take my wifes passport with me.and our marriage certificate, etc. also, how long would it take?

Please help! I'll call the british embassy tomorrow but they don't give much info regarding other.countries Thai visa policies.

Thanks!

No Thai Consulate in any country will issues a multi entry visa if validity is less than 18 months (which I suspect it is). Perhaps you mean a two entry tourist visa? Suspect Savannakhet would be OK as would Vientiane in that case.

I do not think temp pp are for travel, they are for going home. You may have issues getting a visa in the region especially. You might think abt popping to and fro accross the border and hope the visa comes asap. Malaysia will give you 90 days check for hon concul in Penang. Abt 5 yrs back a Canadian friend out of China renewed there. You might need a stamp certifying you are you, but it all came together.

I'm quite sure a British temporary passport is valid for travel to all countries, except in the special case of the passport holder being wanted in the UK for some crime or similar reason, but let's hear it from Brits who have had experience with this.