I Stupidly Brought Some Scottish Money With Me...

finy

The best rates in town bar none, and definitely better than this Loi Kroh place, are at the "Chinese" exchange. Small Soi on the right just after the Chiang Mai Plaza Hotel, if you are heading towards The Chedi with Pantip Plaza behind you.

Its a very small place, which doubles up as a Chinese Tea shop, but absolutely for sure, best rates, and least fuss in town.

• Like 2

Believe it or not, the last time I arrived back in England with Scottish notes, the first two shops I went to, including Sainsburys, would not take Scottish money even though I explained to them that it was perfectly legal tender. Went to a Bank and swapped it no prob's, but just goes to show you that you will most probably have more success changing it here than there !

• Like 1

Believe it or not, the last time I arrived back in England with Scottish notes, the first two shops I went to, including Sainsburys, would not take Scottish money even though I explained to them that it was perfectly legal tender. Went to a Bank and swapped it no prob's, but just goes to show you that you will most probably have more success changing it here than there !

Scottish money aren't actually legal tender (Bank of England), so it's up to the individual shop if they wish to accept them or not. Likewise, Bank of England notes are not legal tender in Scotland and Northern ireland, but are probably more widely accepted than the other way round.

Sophon

The best rates in town bar none, and definitely better than this Loi Kroh place, are at the "Chinese" exchange. Small Soi on the right just after the Chiang Mai Plaza Hotel, if you are heading towards The Chedi with Pantip Plaza behind you.

Its a very small place, which doubles up as a Chinese Tea shop, but absolutely for sure, best rates, and least fuss in town.

Agreed, however they give a poorer rate for Scottish notes I have noticed

What Scotsman is going to change money at a discount from English money?

Joke mods (not racial slur) ..some of my best friends .... etc

Correct only in desperation...I think Superrich at 48 something will be better than the Chinese place...think that was a flat 47 from memory.