Tv Members

kennedy

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Smokie

Put him in a combination between 7 and 9 biggrin.png... I think will have heavy flak coming my way when he returns to TV as I've already made some minor statements about his.... his... preference... w00t.gif

Yes......you're a dead man. coffee1.gif

Uh oh... I see it's time to go to work whistling.gif

Someone should approach George about incorporating this new rating system.thumbsup.giflaugh.png Maybe not a self assigned number but the number most people assign to you. Like numbers have become completely unmanageable with rumors that someone may break 10,000 soon.thumbsup.gif

I wonder what number this post makes me?biggrin.png

I'm not sure if young applies to you but confused certainly does as there about to be both young and old on each side of the border.

21) Predict or assume something is fact without verifying it

Perhaps this one suits you better thumbsup.gif

Jesus where do I say there are no young TVisa members in Thailand!!.......are you a 4) ?

No because that would go along with 6 and 9 but more like 7 but now when I think of it I would classify you as a 13.

Are you with me so far?

I'll take 13...no issues for me to be everything to all things, I decided a long time ago I would never be perfect, easier to exceed personal expectation that way....keeps a man happy

• Like 1

Someone should approach George about incorporating this new rating system.thumbsup.giflaugh.png Maybe not a self assigned number but the number most people assign to you. Like numbers have become completely unmanageable with rumors that someone may break 10,000 soon.thumbsup.gif

Number one in my book......can I get a like for that please? smile.png

I’m sorry but for Buddhist Lent I have given up handing out “likes” to bletherers. It was the only bad habit that I thought I could do without and would make me the most merit at the same time.biggrin.pngwai.gif
  • Like 2

I’m sorry but for Buddhist Lent I have given up handing out “likes” to bletherers. It was the only bad habit that I thought I could do without and would make me the most merit at the same time.biggrin.pngwai.gif

shock1.gif

That's shocking. sad.png

I'll be expecting some compensatory likes once Lent finishes coffee1.gif

• Like 1

shock1.gif

That's shocking. sad.png

So will power is not one of your strong points vf??? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

There is a simple methodology available to TV, but implementation is fraught with issues and would have to be VERY well managed.

Number of posts/Likes

This will show who posts the most respected posts.

The main problem with this filter system would be the threshold it needs to be set at. There would need to be 2 thresholds:

Limiting who can use the system (i.e. only people with over a certain quality level)

Limiting the availability of the filter (i.e. only available through advanced search)

This would allow for people to filter a thread to the point where they could actually get useful information from it, a sort of "best of ThaiVisa" function.

The biggest issue would be that people would ONLY use this system and this would not allow new posters to gain any ground. If anybody can create a solution to this issue then I think that this is a flyer and the data is already in place to allow this "quality" field to be created using a server script.

Anyway, my tech ramblings are generally better on a Monday morning when I am actually facing my work. This might have come out in the wrong order :)

shock1.gif

That's shocking. sad.png

It is the won't power that is missing in vf's case.

• Like 1

There is a simple methodology available to TV, but implementation is fraught with issues and would have to be VERY well managed.

Number of posts/Likes

This will show who posts the most respected posts.

The main problem with this filter system would be the threshold it needs to be set at. There would need to be 2 thresholds:

Limiting who can use the system (i.e. only people with over a certain quality level)

Limiting the availability of the filter (i.e. only available through advanced search)

This would allow for people to filter a thread to the point where they could actually get useful information from it, a sort of "best of ThaiVisa" function.

The biggest issue would be that people would ONLY use this system and this would not allow new posters to gain any ground. If anybody can create a solution to this issue then I think that this is a flyer and the data is already in place to allow this "quality" field to be created using a server script.

confused!!!!!!!!!

that would be me, and you have just proven my point,

or it could be that im just thick,,

but then again im a happy confused thicko,

jake

Anyway, my tech ramblings are generally better on a Monday morning when I am actually facing my work. This might have come out in the wrong order smile.png

Why not provide a simple rating system , while the discussion rages on ? It could be number of posts divided by number of likes , multiplied by your chosen definition number with a colour code system . Or the other way about too .

Why not provide a simple rating system , while the discussion rages on ? It could be number of posts divided by number of likes , multiplied by your chosen definition number with a colour code system . Or the other way about too .

Well they do in a way. If you look at your profile, you will see on the right hand side the amount of "Likes" you have received.

I, person who is most likely on the "he is a prat" list of most members (and Mods, if I am honest about these things), have a rating of 1014 Likes, classed as "Excellent" from 1612 posts. You have 150 Likes, also rated Excellent, but from 1435 posts. My arch nemesis (this month anyway) has a 308 Likes, rated at excellent as well (must be very low quality control on this rating word) from 1663 posts.

No need for a lot of reprogramming by the mods - these numbers say it all perhaps.

thumbsup.gifgoof.gifgoof.gif

Excellent stuff , you have got it in the bag .

Well they do in a way. If you look at your profile, you will see on the right hand side the amount of "Likes" you have received.

I, person who is most likely on the "he is a prat" list of most members (and Mods, if I am honest about these things), have a rating of 1014 Likes, classed as "Excellent" from 1612 posts. You have 150 Likes, also rated Excellent, but from 1435 posts. My arch nemesis (this month anyway) has a 308 Likes, rated at excellent as well (must be very low quality control on this rating word) from 1663 posts.

No need for a lot of reprogramming by the mods - these numbers say it all perhaps.

Excellent stuff , you have got it in the bag .

Hope it's a BigMac. smile.png

That's shocking. sad.png

I'm sorry, I forgot I'm not Buddhist.tongue.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Apparently we're all buddhist http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/580783-we-are-all-buddhist/

From too much living in Thailand

SC

EDIT

Of course, those of us who have been here since before time began - like.. well, Transam, anyway, remember that "Likes" are a fairly recent invention for the entertainment of us young whippersnappers

Edited by StreetCowboy

You have an arch nemesis?? On TV??

Surely you jest. coffee1.gif

OK you got me - not just one.

You're just jealous though with your 50% LIKES to post ratio.

OK you got me - not just one.

You're just jealous though with your 50% LIKES to post ratio.

BUT, your likes ''could'' relate to the weirdo member factor eh. whistling.gif ..................laugh.png