Blasts From The Past - 50S,60S And 70S Music

Ron19

Nice to meet you too Dancealot, I do enjoy reading your'e posts, but I've never heard of a band called Talkalot, then again I am a bit older than 36. You say your'e favourite music is from the sixties? George Jones and Gene Pitney recorded Mockingbird Hill in 1965, though the original was by Les Paul and Mary Ford back in the fifties.

I am intrigued to listen to stevie's 'Talkalot' and then enjoy his performance.

Looking at your'e choice of music Dancealot, I just don't believe you are only 36. I first heard Stevie Wonder in the sixties with a song called Up Tight, it is absolutley dreadful, only two chords in the whole song, and his singing voice????? Heard a better noise flushing the toilet. But apart from Stevie Wonder, you do seem to have a good taste in music.

Here's another one.

Elvis Presley - That's all right mama

"http://www.youtube.com/embed/aVq_5QBKBko"

This is his very 1st recording although this copy sounds like it has been digitally re-mastered.

When i was a small boy i had a record with this version and i learned then this was his first big hit.

Nice footage from Madison Square Garden also here.

Edited by Dancealot

Nice to meet you too Dancealot, I do enjoy reading your'e posts, but I've never heard of a band called Talkalot, then again I am a bit older than 36. You say your'e favourite music is from the sixties? George Jones and Gene Pitney recorded Mockingbird Hill in 1965, though the original was by Les Paul and Mary Ford back in the fifties.

Thanks: I meant tongue in cheeck Mr. awesome possumwink.png . Like to see you posting songs please. If i can be this blunt. Adding small comments on these like you do is appreciated.

I am intrigued to listen to stevie's 'Talkalot' and then enjoy his performance.

Looking at your'e choice of music Dancealot, I just don't believe you are only 36. I first heard Stevie Wonder in the sixties with a song called Up Tight, it is absolutley dreadful, only two chords in the whole song, and his singing voice????? Heard a better noise flushing the toilet. But apart from Stevie Wonder, you do seem to have a good taste in music.

Being a musician yourself you can appreciate that when i was 25 i bumped into some vinyl which eventually became part of my spinal.

Harold Melvin The Blue Notes O'Jays

• Like 1