Son Of Red Bull Executive Arrested For Alleged Fatal Hit-And-Run Against Police

webfact

Son of Red Bull executive arrested for alleged fatal hit-and-run against police

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A son of Red Bull drinks executive Chalerm Yoowitthaya was arrested Monday for allegedly killing a patrol policeman in a hit-and-run accident.

Chalerm's son, identified as Boss, was arrested at Chalerm's house on Soi Thonglor 53 after he admitted to Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrajang that he drove a Ferrari car that hi the motorcycle of Pol Sen Sgt Maj Wichien Klanprasert of Thonglor police station at 5:30 am.

The Ferrari car was seen fleeing into Chalerm's house, prompting Kamronwit to rush to the house and hold a talk with Chalerm for about an hour.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-03

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Condolences to the poor Policeman.

Based on other similar cases, let me make a quick prediction as to the outcome:

1. Suspended sentence, accidental death verdict, community service, no jail time.

2. Someone finds their bank account swells considerably.

I am afraid your assessment may come true.

Crime inspector of Thonglor police station seconded for trying arrest scapegoat

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrajang Monday seconded Pol Lt Col Pannapon Nammuang, a crime suppression inspector of Thonglor Police station, to an inactive position at the Metropolitan Police.

Kamronwit said Pannapon tried to have someone to pretend to be the driver of the car that hit and killed Pol Sen Sgt Maj Wichien Klanprasert of Thonglor police station.

"This was unacceptable for him to set up for an arrest of a scapegoat. He ignored the death of his subordinate," Kamronwit said.

Kamronwit said Pannapon would be indefinitely seconded to the Metropolitan Police head office.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-03

"Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrajang .............rush to the house and hold a talk with Chalerm for about an hour."

Rank has its privileges. Wealth has even more in Thailand.

Very successfull company, probably pretty good negotiators.

already tried a cover up in the police station

http://www.nationmul...e-30189618.html

From the referenced article

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrajang Monday seconded Pol Lt Col Pannapon Nammuang, a crime suppression inspector of Thonglor Police station, to an inactive position at the Metropolitan Police.

As an inactive position is still a fully paid role, is the only real penalty that he will be removed from the tea money payments supply chain?

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Although this is a high profile case, it could just be that it was an accident. How many times have I not seen the police motosai just pull into traffic right in front of cars.

Most people here panic when they have been in accident and just flee, even when not at fault.

Just sayin'...

You may change your mind when you read the following:

Kamronwit said Pannapon tried to have someone to pretend to be the driver of the car that hit and killed Pol Sen Sgt Maj Wichien Klanprasert of Thonglor police station.

"This was unacceptable for him to set up for an arrest of a scapegoat. He ignored the death of his subordinate," Kamronwit said.

• Like 1

The tide will turn one day, I suspect it won't be pretty when it does.

Agree, the day will come, not tomorrow, but not too far into the near future when the middle class voice will stand up and demand this all changes.

It's the working class I'd be worried about more, not the middle class . . . greater numbers . . . hence all the recent 'populist' Government policies to keep everyone quiet.

Although this is a high profile case, it could just be that it was an accident. How many times have I not seen the police motosai just pull into traffic right in front of cars.

Most people here panic when they have been in accident and just flee, even when not at fault.

Just sayin'...

first reaction - flee. Acceptable?

second reaction - offer to buy your way out. Acceptable?

• Like 1

Crime inspector of Thonglor police station seconded for trying arrest scapegoat

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrajang Monday seconded Pol Lt Col Pannapon Nammuang, a crime suppression inspector of Thonglor Police station, to an inactive position at the Metropolitan Police.

Kamronwit said Pannapon would be indefinitely seconded to the Metropolitan Police head office.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-03

This is from NotTheNation . . . right?

Just sayin'...

panic? flee?...I think not and yes, you're just saying and keep it at that. Buddy hoped he wouldn't get caught and also it shows a complete lack of compassion and thought for the person he hit. I'd throw the book at him. Most likely someone's husband and/or father has been killed.