Hotmail

hellodolly

Today I can open my hotmail but I can not open anything in it.

Over the last year it has been getting more and more slower. Lately it has been letting a lot of junk mail in and now I can not even open a letter in it.

Up until about three months I would get notifications from TV now I get nothing. I contacted Thai Visa and they informed me that I was not the only one having trouble with it some people were getting it and some not getting it.

Any one else experiencing these problems?

A post has been removed due to Thai content, and a response was also removed.

Lets review the 3rd para in the forum rules ...

"English is the only acceptable language, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed." I trust that is very clear to the offending board member.

change to gmail ? wink.png

Dolly, a change to Gmail is a good idea and opens up a plethora of other facilities like Picasa photo storage, hosting and publishing. GM's calendar is excellent and viewing of any mail attachments is very simple.

You should perhaps trial it, open a Gmail a/c, and have a play ... it works a bit differently to HM but once you become accustomed you'll not go back to HM. Except to re-direct mail to the new a/c. :)

I don't know guys, gmail has been a bit of a problem for me. Maybe they just don't like me but, I just switched my phone service to DTAC, which means I can send SMS to any phone on the DTAC or True system. I set things up, sent SMS messages to several people with my new phone number etc and got responses. I also sent one to myself just to verify, worked like a charm. Two week later all the phone numbers that worked are no longer "verified" and messages will not be sent, including the test one I just sent to my phone. Add to that, my email address list (it was short, haven't had the time to add to yet) I entered are gone. To add insult to injury, I decided to test the mail function again so I sent an email from one of my other accounts (yahoo) and gmail promptly tossed it in the spam folder. Not a happy gmailer here.

If you have any apple products you can try icloud and get an @me.com email account.

Its basic no frills and inetgrates well with Icallendar.

Gmail is great too, works well with Android devices and is allround reliable.

Hotmail is just a portal for 419 scammers.

I use icloud for private and personal and gmail for common everyday emailing.

Dolly, a change to Gmail is a good idea and opens up a plethora of other facilities like Picasa photo storage, hosting and publishing. GM's calendar is excellent and viewing of any mail attachments is very simple.

You should perhaps trial it, open a Gmail a/c, and have a play ... it works a bit differently to HM but once you become accustomed you'll not go back to HM. Except to re-direct mail to the new a/c. smile.png

I do have a g mail account. After half a day of waiting hotmail let me open my mail and send mail. I sent my g mail to most every one on my list. I actually opened the hot mail window up and then opened a new browser for half a day. Unbelievable.

The problem I am having with g mail is tying to open up my address book. I will keep working on it. I had originally gone to hotmail because sending pictures on g mail was a slow process and at the time you could send 50 pictures at a time no matter what the size was on hot mail.

I know it is a lot better here so I will just fool around with it and figure it out. Just takes getting use to. But I would appreciate a tip on opening my address book so I can edit it. I know if I just put the first initial in the send to bar it will open all in that letter.

You should perhaps trial it, open a Gmail a/c, and have a play ... it works a bit differently to HM but once you become accustomed you'll not go back to HM. Except to re-direct mail to the new a/c. smile.png

I do have a g mail account. After half a day of waiting hotmail let me open my mail and send mail. I sent my g mail to most every one on my list. I actually opened the hot mail window up and then opened a new browser for half a day. Unbelievable.

The problem I am having with g mail is tying to open up my address book. I will keep working on it. I had originally gone to hotmail because sending pictures on g mail was a slow process and at the time you could send 50 pictures at a time no matter what the size was on hot mail.

I know it is a lot better here so I will just fool around with it and figure it out. Just takes getting use to. But I would appreciate a tip on opening my address book so I can edit it. I know if I just put the first initial in the send to bar it will open all in that letter.

FYI -- this is a web site that you can track the status of HOTMAIL and other sites - looks like maybe you were caught in their problem of 24 hrs -- here is the site

http://downrightnow.com/hotmail

• Like 1

You might like to try the "plain html" version or the mobile version for the sake of eas+ly seeing many or the basic features.

Like anything new it'll take you a little while to learn it, but as someone who has tried them all I can say that gmail is not perfect but to get better you will have to pay.

We expect everything free these days, but there is much truth in the saying "You get what you pay for" ;)

I've used easy e-mail for years without any issues at all. In the 10 years I think maybe 2 spam. Are all the Hotmail going to be Outlook now ? did I read that or dreaming?

http://easy.com/free-email.html

They are planning to ditch the Hotmail name and have introduced Outlook.com to (eventually?) replace it. I took the opportunity of picking up a new email address on Outlook.com but am still using hotmail. The interface is almost the same - there was a thread on here about it when it happened.

I have had hotmail for over 12 years and not planning to change it until I have to as it has worked for me more than not.

• Like 1