The Bad-Mouthing Of Western Women Explained . . . By A Thai Guy

HardenedSoul

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jayson's just a freak, if you had read any of his previous posts you would know that.

Anyway the title of the story is all wrong and shows a complete lack of understanding of foreigners in general.

Most of my pals don't hate anyone, and most of them are successful enough to come and live in Thailand and never worry about working again. It's not about hate or even dislike, it's about we have nothing they want, and they have nothing we want.

According to Jayson, guys will put up with a lot if they fancy a girl.

According to me, losers will put up with a lot, if they fancy a girl..

As for the 'tier' rant

'Top tier' guys, they can get young women in other countries, Thailand is for the 'Middle tier' guys.

This of course excludes TEFL teachers working for 25-30k a month, who are 'No tier' guys.

What was your occupation again HS, and what tier do you place yourself in?

As for Stickman, he used to hang out with hookers and strippers, then he found himself a respectable girl and got religion, then the respectable girl played away and he got dumped. Same as a lot of other guys who started claiming 'theirs was different'.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 2

Jayson's just a freak, if you had read any of his previous posts you would know that.

Anyway the title of the story is all wrong and shows a complete lack of understanding of foreigners in general.

Most of my pals don't hate anyone, and most of them are successful enough to come and live in Thailand and never worry about working again. It's not about hate or even dislike, it's about we have nothing they want, and they have nothing we want.

As for the 'tier' rant

'Top tier' guys, they can get young women in other countries, Thailand is for the 'Middle tier' guys.

This of course excludes TEFL teachers working for 25-30k a month, who are 'No tier' guys.

Interesting opinion Tommy but I'd have to disagree. I've met many male teachers here, both teflers and ones at more prestigious international schools and universities, and the majority of them have had beautiful, educated girlfriends/wives. OK, so most have been in their 20-30's with their own hair/teeth and no sign of a beer-belly which may have helped the girls forget about their measly income but I'd say they are still middle tier.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

Why is it necessary for farang guys to speak negatively of farang women? I’m not positive, but I do have a theory. It’s almost as if these guys are getting back at farang women for years of rejection.

Out of that entire article that was the most sensible thing the writer said.

Im not sure why he kept using the examples of successful men and women then using Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Big Business guys, Sport stars as the example of the sort of people who don't come to Thailand looking for women.

If he had used example of the other 99.9% of the average joes who make up the population his argument might have been better presented.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Interesting opinion Tommy but I'd have to disagree. I've met many male teachers here, both teflers and ones at more prestigious international schools and universities, and the majority of them have had beautiful, educated girlfriends/wives. OK, so most have been in their 20-30's with their own hair/teeth and no sign of a beer-belly which may have helped the girls forget about their measly income but I'd say they are still middle tier.

Middle tier guys don't have to work for a living. (I made the middle tier by age 45).

Middle tier guys have pensions and savings that will last them as long as they live.

It isn't about the girls you can have, anyone in Thailand with 2k in his pocket have have a beautiful girl.

You know any teachers in Thailand that are fully funded for the rest of their lives, yep, they are middle tier?

You know any teachers in Thailand who are even approaching fully funded?

I know a few International school teachers, most live hand to mouth.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Middle tier guys don't have to work for a living.

Middle tier guys have pensions and savings that will last them as long as they live.

It isn't about the girls you can have, anyone in Thailand with 2k in his pocket have have a beautiful girl.

You know any teachers in Thailand that are fully funded for the rest of their lives, yep, they are middle tier?

You've just contradicted yourself! And who decides the requirements for these 'tiers'?

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

I haven't read the article but I've seen the types that frequent bars and go gos. Ok you get some young guys that are just on a holiday so they are not the types who slag of western women but it's the ones who have really let them selves go, or border line sociopath types who could never get a gf in the west. Fact is I think all these guys would love to settle down with a western lady... if they could. Ok Asian women are naturally very striking and easy on the eye but when you take into the 'take care me and my family' and all the other cultural differences I think it's a compromise 1 way or the other.

As for the 'tier' rant

Well as we all know, 25-30k a month is a pretty respectable income to a lot of Thai women.

I've read all of Jayson's previous posts and, apart from one or two minor points, I find myself largely in agreement with his assessment of a significant percentage of foreign guys rocking up to find women in Thailand.

This thread isn't about what "tier" each of us places themselves in; it's about the reasons why so many guys living in or regularly visiting Thailand insist on berating Western women

You've just contradicted yourself! And who decides the requirements for these 'tiers'?

I see no contradictions, feel free to give more detail.

You can set the tier levels if you like, I'm assuming there would be an income element required.

Would you really want to set it at an income below 50kbht a month?

Edited by TommoPhysicist

This thread isn't about what "tier" each of us places themselves in; it's about the reasons why so many guys living in or regularly visiting Thailand insist on berating Western women

The thread is about Jayson's post, which talks about 'top tier' guys.

I don't think many expats in Thailand really care enough about western women to put much effort into berating them.

But maybe you mix in different circles to me.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Middle tier guys don't have to work for a living. (I made the middle tier by age 45).

Stop bullshitting, Tommo. Or don't you remember how you told everyone how your divorce left you hosed financially?

Maybe you did make "middle tier" (by your definition) by 45, but you're not there now are you?

IIRC, to all intents and purposes, you're a tenant on your Thai wife's farm with jack-shit in terms of rights. She could bounce you outta the door at the drop of a hat and you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Could your savings and pensions support you if, like most other people, you had to cover your own arse by paying rent/mortgage and other odds and sods?

• Like 2

Stop bullshitting, Tommo. Or don't you remember how you told everyone how your divorce left you hosed financially?

Maybe you did make "middle tier" (by your definition) by 45, but you're not there now are you?

IIRC, to all intents and purposes, you're a tenant on your Thai wife's farm with jack-shit in terms of rights. She could bounce you outta the door at the drop of a hat and you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Could your savings and pensions support you if, like most other people, you had to cover your own arse by paying rent/mortgage and other odds and sods?

The whole point in making middle tier, is that you don't have to do anything you don't want ever again.

I could live in a nice condo in Pattaya or Chiang Mai, for the rest of my life without working again, if I so chose. But I don't choose that. Life is great having choices without having to do anything.

(I assume when you say like most other people you mean like my friends, as I know you and your friends couldn't do that)

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Looks like Tommo was pwned big time . . . Ouch!

I'd tend to agree with some aspects of the initial article. Many 'expats' find themselves to be in a better situation in terms of 'their' woman in Thailand than back home . . . where they were exactly what they still are now - average at best (generalising). I guess it is a better position to be in, having a partner with whom one can't communicate fluently, one cannot share a common upbringing with etc etc etc

In the end why don't they just remain happy with what they have now and leave the past alone instead of bringing it to the fore by slagging off western women

• Like 1

HS, with all due respect, I just dont get it. You seem to have a real axe to grind / issues with the older guys that go over to Thailand for their last chance at happiness. This thread is just another example. Why cant you just leave the old guys be - let them fail or succeed - and get on with your own life, instead of having a go at them all the time.

Why are you so intent on reminding Tommo that he is skint and doesnt have a pot to piss in without his wife & her farm. Tommos seems a nice enough bloke who got "hosed" as you say in a divorce (nothing uncommon with that for a man) and is having another go.

If you were such a success with the women at home and were so wealthy with a City job, why did you give all that up and move to Thailand for. Just saying, that's all.

• Like 2

That supposed Thai guy author is almost certainly actually a farang dude. Stickman's site has to be one of the most bizarre creative writing forums on the internet.

I wish he would update his site. Its awful to navigate. I do a google search when someone references it here and they don't provide a link to the article.

Looks like Tommo was pwned big time . . . Ouch!

I'd tend to agree with some aspects of the initial article. Many 'expats' find themselves to be in a better situation in terms of 'their' woman in Thailand than back home . . . where they were exactly what they still are now - average at best (generalising). I guess it is a better position to be in, having a partner with whom one can't communicate fluently, one cannot share a common upbringing with etc etc etc

In the end why don't they just remain happy with what they have now and leave the past alone instead of bringing it to the fore by slagging off western women

I didn't read the article as I have no interest in the ranting of a delusional human being as stick man and his fellow companions are but did you take this out of context or what this entire statement of your own making?

I refuse to read stickman as it's complete bile.

Bit of a pointless post really, oh well.

I am sure he must be very disappointed....thanks for your contribution of inane drivel

My point is stickman is inane drivel, but if you enjoy it then that says more about you.

I tend to agree and it's guys like him that make the word "farang" become a bad name.

• Like 1

So....please explain.

Why is Stickman so bad?

Isn't because he covers the "naughty-boy" scene, or, something else?

I'm not sure what you are aiming at here. Are you saying that you agree with him or do you try to get the men to bite by saying we are all the same? rolleyes.gif

Just interested why people on here have vilified him.

I read Stickman occasionally. Don't see anything wrong with his column, in general.

I do not agree with Stickman's survival guide in Thailand and find his methods abhorrent and down-descending but that doesn't mean I agree with many posters here either and putting everybody into a box and label it ... this is how all expats think of Western women is presumptuous bogus.

Edited by maxme

Just interested why people on here have vilified him.

I read Stickman occasionally. Don't see anything wrong with his column, in general.

Stickman and his contributors generally add another unique view to the mix.

People don't have to agree or like it but it doesn't hurt in life to see different viewpoints.