Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Okaaaayyyyy so I have been to BigWing today.

First thing that shocked me was that the bike that was standing on the side 2 months ago (when they said it has been there for 4 months already) is still there in the same condition as when I first saw it.

My bike was actually under repair, they finally got the parts. HOWEVER one of the staff members forgot to order 1 piece of fairing without which they cannot finish the job, they just realized that yesterday when they started taking it apart. So they just placed an order yesterday and hoping to get this part by the end of the next week. They did not change my leg gear lever that was bent as well as the plate next to it which has a massive scratch. They straighten it up so it wont jam and said that will do its working fine now. Seriously if insurance is paying and Iam paying for it just flipping change it. I was pissed off but not showed it really as I dont want to wait for another 2 months. What I will do is when I go to pick up the bike I will ask them to order those parts and when Iam back to service bike they can install it and I will pay cash. What was weird, my mileage is 49xxkm next service is at 6000 I asked them to do it now they said no, I shouldn't I should comeback on 6k. <deleted>?

The only good thing I had in the shop is test drive 1000rr they have test drive day 2013 promo you can test drive almoist any bike.

Heres a pic of mine atm as of today

attachicon.gif277236_10201652095091278_1818008489_o.jpg

Based on your side of the story i am not likng this dealer to much. I would have ordered that lever like you said. When the bike is finished if its not 100% i would call the insurance and ask them to inspect the bike.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sup. You either accept or don't. Personally I would be contacting Big Wing Bangkok asking what the fuk is going on. And that you want something for the long delay ( maybe just free servicing) .. but hey up to. you

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

The only good thing I had in the shop is test drive 1000rr they have test drive day 2013 promo you can test drive almost any bike.

Well good to hear you will be back on your bike soon smile.png

Is their test drives still limited to that small road along side the building?

Meaning 1st or 2nd gear at best? which is still more than other dealers I guess

They sure do have a nice shop

Mania yes that small strip next to the shop they cleared all the cars from there, but yes on 1000rr 1st gear is max you can do there. Though my wife managed to go around the block when I was test driving my cbr500 before buying it. But the guy was scared:)

Thaicbr, I tried that mate, the only reply they give we are not the same company, same name but not the same company, not the same owner. Dont know who does Bangkok one, but here in CM its Nyom Panich which covers all of north Thailand.

The only good thing I had in the shop is test drive 1000rr they have test drive day 2013 promo you can test drive almost any bike.

Well good to hear you will be back on your bike soon Posted Image

Is their test drives still limited to that small road along side the building?

Meaning 1st or 2nd gear at best? which is still more than other dealers I guess

They sure do have a nice shop

Mania yes that small strip next to the shop they cleared all the cars from there, but yes on 1000rr 1st gear is max you can do there. Though my wife managed to go around the block when I was test driving my cbr500 before buying it. But the guy was scared:)

Thaicbr, I tried that mate, the only reply they give we are not the same company, same name but not the same company, not the same owner. Dont know who does Bangkok one, but here in CM its Nyom Panich which covers all of north Thailand. 

Then go direct to AP Honda ( they own the Bkk Big Wing) honestly I would not put up with the bullshit your getting. Take it up a level. Contact bkk big wing and if they give that shit just ask for Ap Honda details telling them you know its the same company then excalate it... give them the same shit your getting..

Have fun.... I would :D

• Like 1

Sup. You either accept or don't. Personally I would be contacting Big Wing Bangkok asking what the fuk is going on. And that you want something for the long delay ( maybe just free servicing) .. but hey up to. you

Perhaps that something would be a nail in the tyres or longer delay next time.

Jeeze if you think like that don't bother buying anything..... attitudes like that are the reason shit happens... OK mai pen rai :rolleyes:

Jeeze if you think like that don't bother buying anything..... attitudes like that are the reason shit happens... OK mai pen rai :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Jeeze if you think like that don't bother buying anything..... attitudes like that are the reason shit happens... OK mai pen rai rolleyes.gif

I thought it was the local way of dealing with those who complain about poor service. biggrin.png

Personally I'd go through the insurance company instead of huffing and puffing to their boss as the token Pissed-Off Farang.

Contact the insurance rep and tell them they aren't replacing damaged pieces but bending them back into shape, and ask if the insurance company are being charged for these as new pieces.

Anyway, back to the CBR500.

Edited by Salapoo

Agreed, however someone on the other Honda thread is saying that in Europe Honda is charging $400-500 USD for the first 1000KM maintenance for Valve Clearance.

Ouch that must be a bit upsetting to be paying close to 10% of

the bikes retail price on your first maintenance check.

Hopefully Honda does the same there & offers a rebate.

I would like to see the faces of the customers when they have to pay. "Dear customer, we checked the valve clearance. It was OK, no need to adjust. So we just replaced oil and filter. 4 hours work and 50 Euro for parts and oil. Please pay 350 EURO now for this very special 1000km service." huh.pngohmy.pngcrying.gif

Its cheaper to own a car in Europe i guess. Sometimes living in LOS is just fine biggrin.png

wantan you're right about seeing the faces in Europe.

Here you can see a bill from Germany. At first the Honda-Dealer asked for 380 Euro and after this customer complained they'd lower it to 310 Euro. Only the valve adjusting is 76 Euro as you can see (Ventile einstellen). I'd read some more comments today and all of them had probs with the valve adjustment from factory, so it seems that it was good to adjust them.

This customer with the bill also talked to the importer in Germany and they told him the dealer can ask for a gesture of goodwill for his bike and when they confirm it he'll get some money back.

I ask myself what of the bill they cut from 380 to 310 Euro. Its still unbelievable high prices for work hours.

But it seems that they want more money if they have to adjust the valves. If they don't have to adjust the valves "Arbeitszeit Ventile einstellen" would be omitted i guess. Checking the valves is part of "Arbeitszeit Inspektion" i guess. If this is right the customers whos valves clearance is in spec pay 75 Euro less. I would be annoyed twice to pay this money when the next customer doesn't have to pay it.

I don't think Honda will pay the money for adjusting valves to the dealers in germany. But maybe they will do if they want to continue selling the bike? 380 Euro for 1000km service of a cheap thai made 470cc bike? Unbelievable blink.png Sorry i know i repeat myself smile.png

Edited by wantan
  • Like 1

380 Euro for 1000km service of a cheap thai made 470cc bike? Unbelievable

Have they been told the brake pads from that single front rotor only last 5k km yet? biggrin.png

So the next service (at 7000km?) they also have to replace the front brake disc because the pads were worn down? wink.png

But serious, it seems most customers in germany pay less than 380 Euro for first service. 250-300 Euro seems to be the normal price depending on valves out of spec or not. Still much money...

Have they been told the brake pads from that single front rotor only last 5k km yet? biggrin.png

So the next service (at 7000km?) they also have to replace the front brake disc because the pads were worn down?

Er, no, just the pads at 5k km, from what I read. :D

Edited by Salapoo

Stefan Bradl the MotoGP rider for Honda LCR team

takes the CBR500 for a spin probably at the Sachsenring in Germany as they

race MotoGP there this week.

1013935_532659953456318_1539146554_n.jpg

1003140_532660070122973_1448337782_n.jpg

1011947_532660080122972_1376897603_n.jpg

1010265_532660076789639_2066251201_n.jpg

1010845_532660396789607_211763887_n.jpg

7981_532660400122940_489601731_n.jpg

7976_532660403456273_1323112763_n.jpg

1002781_532659950122985_276736279_n.jpg

994227_532659956789651_541204869_n.jpg

Edited by mania

Last time I tried to lean in corner about as much.... well the result is in the fix for 2 months:(

I wanted to ask something, I will be looking for an exhaust in a month or two. Iam very interested in the one someone mentioned here before called Corsa , what models do they have? I have seen Leo Vince on youtube but it looks so small (which is probably a good thing since its lighter). How much are they going for? 6500? Who sells them in BKK? (I dont mind to wait for few months if its out of stock.

Also noticed Bigwing chiang mai has loads of rear wheel stands in stock for 1800 bht, red color. Might pick one up, dont know how to carry it back LOL.

P.S Noticed this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xPRo4Vhv_s

What is this brand for exhaust I have never seen this one before, also I love the sound of the bike without the exhaust:) haha

The corsa exhaust is sold by summit cycle and I know who sells the Leo Vince exhaust but I'm not sure I can post as summit is a form sponsor and I could get in trouble. PM and I can point you in the right direction. I think the LV exhaust is only a slip on.

• Like 1

Last time I tried to lean in corner about as much.... well the result is in the fix for 2 months:(

I wanted to ask something, I will be looking for an exhaust in a month or two. Iam very interested in the one someone mentioned here before called Corsa , what models do they have? I have seen Leo Vince on youtube but it looks so small (which is probably a good thing since its lighter). How much are they going for? 6500? Who sells them in BKK? (I dont mind to wait for few months if its out of stock.

Also noticed Bigwing chiang mai has loads of rear wheel stands in stock for 1800 bht, red color. Might pick one up, dont know how to carry it back LOL.

What is this brand for exhaust I have never seen this one before, also I love the sound of the bike without the exhaust:) haha

The Corse slip-on is 13,500 baht. Send a PM if you are interested. I could also ship you an S-Spec service stand if you would like. Thanks.

The Corse slip-on is 13,500 baht. Send a PM if you are interested. I could also ship you an S-Spec service stand if you would like. Thanks.

Do you have a picture of Corse slip-on by any chance? I want to see how it looks like. Do you have a full system? Those are available already.

Where did you get this info?

I am at 7000 km and it still brakes fine. Still on the original pads too.

Riding every day in the city, so the brakes get used a lot.

The corsa exhaust is sold by summit cycle and I know who sells the Leo Vince exhaust but I'm not sure I can post as summit is a form sponsor and I could get in trouble. PM and I can point you in the right direction. I think the LV exhaust is only a slip on.

You can post whatever shop sells them, you wont get in trouble.

This site has pics of all different types of exhaust / silencers for the CBR500

http://www.cbr500.net/cbr/500/exhaust/cbr-500-exhaust.html

Edited by KRS1

Where did you get this info?

A poster on here was saying it.

Guess it's to do with having a single rotor on a 190+kg bike.

Hahaa I have missed this debate here lol! Im still thinking of which exhaust to put and whether it's going to be a slip on or a full system. As for a full system you better get a power commander which I don't think we have for our bikes at the moment

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just a word about parts and a plug for a Honda shop in CM. I went to Big Wing CM the other day to get shims for my CB1. With all the shim checks being done on the 500 I figured they would have plenty in every size. No luck. Didn't have any of the sizes I wanted, so I hope any 500s having their 1st service this week don't need those size shims.

Anyway, main point is I went to Sangchai Honda near Prince Royal College. They had every size shim in stock - all 65 different sizes. (Maybe BigWing can order from them)? Efficient service and amazing range of parts, so if you cannot find bits at Big Wing that are Honda generic, try Songchai.

• Like 2

Anyway, main point is I went to Sangchai Honda near Prince Royal College. They had every size shim in stock - all 65 different sizes. (Maybe BigWing can order from them)? Efficient service and amazing range of parts, so if you cannot find bits at Big Wing that are Honda generic, try Songchai.

You know that is a very good shop & I have always heard only good things about them.

Also when I dealt with them a year or so ago they went above & beyond in being helpful