Scooter With The Best Brakes? (Or I Could Diet)..... Lol

karlos

Usually it is not the bike, or brakes. but the driver.

Most scooters have good brakes (Except the dream and low end drum front brake bikes out there)

For many, a combi brake system helps (On many hondas) as well as a lower center of gravity (Think PCX) and wider tires with more patch on the road (Again think PCX or KSR)

Most after market Brembo and other after market parts are fake here

I had a Mio GTX 125 and found it average at best, At 100 kilos (220 pounds) I am a big guy.

as a EX racer, I know most riders 98% are affraid to use their brakes at 100 or even 99 % Got to a emply parking lot or empty back road and practice grab a hand ful of brakes, both front and rear over and over again, faster and faster, I do it nearly monthly and every time I get a new bike to learn about the bike and weight transfer.

The better you know your bike the safer, and better it is for you

i don't want anything to mental that will lock the front wheel

Say WHAT ?!

I noticed you missed part of my original post there ;)

I said 'i don't want anything too mental that will lock the front wheel WITH THE SLIGHTEST OF TUGS' meaning something that's overly powerful for the bike's tyre size and weight...... rolleyes.gif

it seems to me you were driving to fast to stop in time and following to close....

yes i know you said taxi just stopped in front of you for a fare...

but

no excuse what if he hit the breaks for a child running out in the rode???

you still would have hit him...you driving to close and to fast...

If the cops or insurance got involved you would be at fault for hitting him for sure..

be careful out there mate...

We were both (myself and the other biker) in the lefthand lane and the taxi shot past us initially then cut straight across and stopped in front of us. Either way, yes i went in to the back of him, but he knew he was in the wrong as he wanted to scarper the scene pretty sharpish when i mentioned Police, perhaps he was drunk, driving without insurance etc etc.

I'm no rear bumper hugger, but in this instance he was passing us on the incline of a bridge and within 30m he had pulled up in our lane to pick up a passenger. He should have known that we were in that lane given the fact he just overtook us....

Either way, his taxi was smashed in and he was begging for me to give him his car key back so he could escape the police, in the end i decided to let him go as i doubt he had the money to repair his car let alone my bike too. smile.png

P.S. i wasn't 'following the taxi' it passed us.

Edited by karlos

Usually it is not the bike, or brakes. but the driver.

Most scooters have good brakes (Except the dream and low end drum front brake bikes out there)

For many, a combi brake system helps (On many hondas) as well as a lower center of gravity (Think PCX) and wider tires with more patch on the road (Again think PCX or KSR)

Most after market Brembo and other after market parts are fake here

I had a Mio GTX 125 and found it average at best, At 100 kilos (220 pounds) I am a big guy.

as a EX racer, I know most riders 98% are affraid to use their brakes at 100 or even 99 % Got to a emply parking lot or empty back road and practice grab a hand ful of brakes, both front and rear over and over again, faster and faster, I do it nearly monthly and every time I get a new bike to learn about the bike and weight transfer.

The better you know your bike the safer, and better it is for you

Thank you for the constructive criticism but i know how to brake and have done a fair bit of racing myself back home in old blighty on my ZX6R C1H. I also intend to purchase a track bike here in Thailand soon as i'll get bored of my 2012 Ninja 650 far too quickly if i was to track that