• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 36

60 Minutes blasted after replacing harris word salad…

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 45

Reasons of change

5. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

6. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 45

Reasons of change

9. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

10. 45

Reasons of change

11. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

12. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

13. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Finally It Has Been Proven

jbrain

I guess most of the members on this forum are familiar with the railway roads,also called bypass roads.

As I use them on a daily base,I think they are fine to drive, and funcionally as escape roads as long as they don't switch on the traffic lights at the intersections, which the citymasters seem to understand.

The only bottleneck there is at peak hour, is at the Nermplubwan section where everyone wants to be first which only results in a full lock up at times.All the other sections experience some struggling at times,but after all traffic flows .

So about 5-6 weeks ago one decided to place some kind of volunteer in a blue uniform at that particular section to lead traffic in the right lines duringt peak hour times.

And however the guy has a tough task, he does a very good job in my opinion.

Then about 2 weeks ago Soi 9 decided that at every cross section there should be placed a few real traffic police at peak hours to make traffic move fluently.

I think we all know already what shock and horror they created since then.If you come from the highway and turn onto Soi scc the would be most of the days already stand still traffic at the exit of the highway.

Same long queue's would appear in all directions at the Khao Noi and Khao Talo cross section.I saw a few days ago the traffic locked up in every direction at Khao Talo with 3 policemen trying to direct traffic .laugh.png

I hear the apologists coming already and announce that high season is on it's way and there are too many cars on Pattaya roads and more of those excuses.

So today I had to be in that area again around 5.30 pm and I was a bit late for my appointment, so I held my heart already when I exited the highway.But lo and behold when I reached the railway road and looked to my left I saw all clear up to Soi Siam Country Club.When I reached the section I could easily cross, as was same at Nermplubwan where the volunteer was directing traffic.

At Khao Noi no queue of cars waiting to cross,and I noticed also none in the other directions,and again normal traffic flow at the Khao Talo section.

So finally the BIB had worked out how to direct traffic in a way that it should be.

Oh wait a moment, there were no traffic police to be seen at the cross sections todayclap2.gif

So finally it has been proven,that the BIB are only posted at the cross sections, and all traffic lights in the city for that matter,to mess up traffic instead of improving the traffic flow.

I guess that this 2 week experiment proves enough what they are capable of.If you are still not convinced take a look at Pattaya Klang where there will be a traffic jam to say U against every day they have some of Pattaya's brightest posted at the traffic lights at third road, while there will be no traffic jam at all on the days that they are to busy with other things.

I thought there was a topic in the news section not so long ago where the police was instructed to improve the traffic situation in Pattaya.

Maybe they found the solution and fired them all.

Rant over.

• Like 1

what did you expect, even in the west it was proven that a cop at the intersection is a disaster compared to a well regulated traffic light system... let's not talk about a BIB cheesy.gif

It is known that Pattaya has no well regulated traffic light system, hence the fact that the majority of traffic lights are simply switched off 24/7.

But a 5 year old can see that these guys are creating immense traffic jams wherever they show up compared to the times that they just let traffic regulate itself.

So why do they stay so stubborn on insisting that they are helping things.

If they could only get the traffic lights properly synchronized...no one knows who has priority as they place stop signs on all four roads at most intersections.

As I said, I use the road on a daily base mostly during peak hours, and I must say that if there is none a Pattaya brightest around,and of course they don't switch on the traffic lights, traffic regulates itself quite fairly.

Ragarding the synchronising of the traffic lights, I guess they do a good job in the city since you will have to stop for each and every light that's set active.biggrin.png

When I first came to Thailand some number of years ago, I heard a story that they had installed and tested 'proper' automated traffic lights systems in the Sukhumvit (Bangkok) area I believe. It dramatically improved traffic flow but left the BiB without anything to do, hence they sabotaged the lights/timing and the plan was abandoned, leaving them all their most important role in life . . . annoy the hell out of everyone and cause traffic chaos.

• Like 1

I wish people would state the subject of their original post so as to prevent a waste of time on

a subject that otherwise would not be viewed. And with a 5 reply/290 view ratio ...

Well, not everyone has the talent to write threads about money disappearing form a 1-2 call card thumbsup.gif
  • Like 1

I couldn't agree more with jbrain. I too, use'd to use the railway road (Pattaya bypass) on a daily basis travelling to work srom SSCC to highway 36, then about 6 weeks ago the BiB decided to man all junctions on my route, obviously to ensure that traffic flow was streamlined!!

No need to tell you what happened next, but guess what, the fairly enjoyable, easy going drive became one traffic jam after another!! It is safe to say, as I have timed it, it is now quicker to drive around Mapbrachan Lake to Pong, then all the way down the 36 to Banglamung than put up with BiB attempt at traffic regulation.

The only explanation I can offer is; how on earth are any of these cretins ever going to be able to improve / reduce traffic congestion when they themselves have absolutely no idea of traffic laws. You see them day in day out riding without helmets, taking 3 kids to school on one motorbike, riding the wrong way down one way streets, the list goes on......

I wish I could offer a proactive solution, but I can't, apart from collecting tea money for their next night out, I can't see anything that these guys are actually any good at!!

what Pattaya needs is a central control room with camera's at every major intersection, I've always said - the lights are all weighted incorrectly - stay red too long and do nothing but cause traffic chaos

If this city doesn't do something soon Pattaya will be gridlocked at the weekends and not much better weekdays

what Pattaya needs is a central control room with camera's at every major intersection, I've always said - the lights are all weighted incorrectly - stay red too long and do nothing but cause traffic chaos

If this city doesn't do something soon Pattaya will be gridlocked at the weekends and not much better weekdays

To be correct, Pattaya does have that infrastructure in place for years already, particulary onn the railway roads but it has been extended to many other sections also in the mean time.Just look up when your're waiting at any traffic light, which I'm sure you will have no shortness of, and you will see the dark glass ball in the vicinity of the light pole.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/410650-camera-controlled-traffic-lights-begin-testing-in-east-pattaya/

Of course camera's have to operated by someone.

I agree that a central control room with camera's at every major intersection is a good idea, and one that is already utilized in many cities around the world..................................but, who is going to monitor these camera's and be in charge of activities in the central contol room in Pattaya? There, you have your answer, there's not a snowball's chance in hell that it would work here!!

I can just picture the scene in the control room as traffic built up all over the city, a mixture of guys either lying back asleep, eating, or reading newspapers, ohhh and not to forget, on their mobile phones to mia noi!! Traffic problem..........mai ben rai!!!coffee1.gif

As an example, I recently travelled to Laos via Suvanabhumi airport, approaching immigration I had to go through the new high tech "stand-up" scanner, and my carry on luggage went backwards and forwards through the baggage scanner. I had remembered to take all bottles, cans, and creams (deodorant, toothpaste, after shave, etc) out of my wash bag, but my friend that I was travelling with hadn't removed any of his, and nothing was said!! My point is the operators are either too lazy to do anything, or too dumb to actually operate the equipment!!

Sorry to sound negative, but you can rest assured that what ever idea that any official body in this country comes up with to resolve a problem, it will in all honesty probably compound the problem numerous times!!! They could always go out and cut a few more trees down because they were obstructing the views of the camera's at intersections!!cheesy.gif

Camera-Controlled Traffic Lights Begin Testing In East Pattaya

The system will be switched on at 13 junctions along the road running adjacent to the train track along the entire eastern side of Pattaya over the coming days.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/410650-camera-controlled-traffic-lights-begin-testing-in-east-pattaya/

Pay attention to the date of the news report.

Pattay's brightest had a field day at the traffic lights in the city today.Virtually no traffic they succeeded to create a traffic jam on third road that reached from central pattaya road to a few hundfed meters from North Pattaya road.That was at 4 pm.

Some mothers do 'ave 'em.

I got stuck at pattaya klang - 3rd road intersection yesterday afternoon, I was thinking dam_n this red light is long but in fact there was a BIB taking in command of the traffic lights :whistling:

Edited by yoslim