Thailand's Flood Defenses To Fail Again?

webfact

Now back to the original thread "FLOODS"

I wonder is it time as with last year to start buying sandbags and sheets of plywood again, make sure there is lots of canned food, coffee, UHT milk and not to forget the ever present noodles ?

The media B.S. and offical propaganda and spin will be starting soon or has it started already I wonder.

I must start to make preparations to once again move everything upstairs in East Bangkok, as with west Bangkok we exist out here to save the "heart of Bangkok" or the "centre of the city" from flooding.

I have post tarumatic stress after the last time when I was chased back down the stairs by a washing machine that landed on my back and left me with sore ribs after I slipped w00t.gif. This time I will wear shoes indoors whether she who assumes she is obeyed likes it or not !

At least I have an upstairs to retreat to unlike the millions of ordinary people both Thai's and other nationalities who suffered enormously in the 2011 floods often losing family, property, jobs and just about everything they had amassed during their lifelong and everyday struggle to survive.

Here we go again - miracle year of Thailand, or should I just say amazing Thailand, I must have a look at the undoubtedly factually correct TAT website for the correct and recommended term. rolleyes.gif

Eitherway T.I.T. crying.gif

I wonder is it time as with last year to start buying sandbags and sheets of plywood again, make sure there is lots of canned food, coffee, UHT milk and not to forget the ever present noodles ?

The media B.S. and offical propaganda and spin will be starting soon or has it started already I wonder.

I must start to make preparations to once again move everything upstairs in East Bangkok, as with west Bangkok we exist out here to save the "heart of Bangkok" or the "centre of the city" from flooding.

I have post tarumatic stress after the last time when I was chased back down the stairs by a washing machine that landed on my back and left me with sore ribs after I slipped w00t.gif. This time I will wear shoes indoors whether she who assumes she is obeyed likes it or not !

At least I have an upstairs to retreat to unlike the millions of ordinary people both Thai's and other nationalities who suffered enormously in the 2011 floods often losing family, property, jobs and just about everything they had amassed during their lifelong and everyday struggle to survive.

Here we go again - miracle year of Thailand, or should I just say amazing Thailand, I must have a look at the undoubtedly factually correct TAT website for the correct and recommended term. rolleyes.gif

Really heavy rain now in Chiangmai.

I'm off for a beer...........

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really heavy rain now in Chiangmai.

I'm off for a beer...........

careful you don't get pulled over by anyone who has been implanted giggle.gif

The thing i remember from last year when i was flooded was the speed. It went real slow, just drive to area's upstream of you and see how it goes there. There is plenty of time to respond actually. This time i wont rely on the government but just look and see for myself. I now know where it comes from and what the signs are.

I actually don't thing this year will be a repeat performance of last year. I did buy waders off ebay just to be sure but i rather not have to use them. Other preparations i will only make if water comes near.

• Like 1

The thing i remember from last year when i was flooded was the speed. It went real slow, just drive to area's upstream of you and see how it goes there. There is plenty of time to respond actually. This time i wont rely on the government but just look and see for myself. I now know where it comes from and what the signs are.

I actually don't thing this year will be a repeat performance of last year. I did buy waders off ebay just to be sure but i rather not have to use them. Other preparations i will only make if water comes near.

Good advice thanks. As you said and as we have both experienced last year it happens very slowly. The waiting for inundation last year was the worst thing, part of me then wished it had happened quicker lessening the anguish and stress caused by the multitude of innacurate and often deliberately misleading information flying around didn't do anything to help ease the stress.

I must admit I was glued to both this site and Twitter, mainly Richard Barrow who was like a cyber version of everyone's favourite granny calming everyones nerves even while being asked absolutely stupid questions by people abroad who would be vising Thailand often months later. Hail Richard what a journalist, cool and calm in the face of other peoples stupidity and while snakes invading his kitchen. Twitter thaiflood/eng was along with this site invaluable for info.