No Transfer Papers (Advice Needed)

pran1

I have bought a second hand motorbike (125cc) from a Thai.I have the green book a copy of the tabian baan and a copy of Thai id card both signed (the green book is not signed)

But i don't have the 2 transfer papers signed,what shoud i do?Will there be any problem to get the green book in my name?

I bought that motorbike from a girl but she's back home and i can't contact her.

Thanks,

Keep in mind that it has been a few years since I last did a transfer on a bike but....

The most important things are the green book and a copy of the Thai ID. As to any other transfer papers...how should I phrase this delicately...well the Department of Land Transportation won't inspect the signatures too closely.

So I would ummm...find a way for those to be signed (and yes you will need it signed). Go to the DLT. They will inspect the bike (look at the VIN numbers) sign you off. You turn in your green book and papers, pay your fee and you're done. It should not be difficult. Did you buy it through a private party or through a dealer (some dealers sell used bikes). If it was a dealer they probably can (for a fee) take care of registration for you.

Also keep in mind that you can ride the bike and pay the tax and insurance and whatnot without transferring ownership. So long as you have the legitimate green book you could ride without transferring it into your name and when you sell it, just give the buyer the paperwork you have.

Keep in mind that it has been a few years since I last did a transfer on a bike but....

The most important things are the green book and a copy of the Thai ID. As to any other transfer papers...how should I phrase this delicately...well the Department of Land Transportation won't inspect the signatures too closely.

So I would ummm...find a way for those to be signed (and yes you will need it signed).

S is giving you good advice. The green book does need to be signed. Some Dept of land Transportation offices may not insist on that but it is an official requirement.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

As to any other transfer papers...how should I phrase this delicately...well the Department of Land Transportation won't inspect the signatures too closely.

That's the way to go...

The green book does need to be signed

Wrong, it needs to be signed by the "last owner"!

Edited by retoocs01

So I would ummm...find a way for those to be signed (and yes you will need it signed).

S is giving you good advice. The green book does need to be signed. Some Dept of land Transportation offices may not insist on that but it is an official requirement.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

this is good advice ^^^^^^^

Thanks all of you,

But need the Greenbook to be signed by the previous owner or by me? I mean by the girl i bought the bike or by me?

Re-read the above posts....Everything needs the original owners signature. I can not say where you find the original owners signature but you know what it looks like...