Why Do So Many Men Let Themselves Go Over Here?

thenervoussurgeon

Why do people always refer to their wives as "my Thai wife?"

I do that. It's so people know that I'm lucky enough to be married to someone that will still be attractive when I kick the bucket, and actually looks after me.

I take it you don't feel you've got long to go, then. Has she been checking the insurance details?

Me too funnily enough,I'm now popping out for a beer.

Very prudent, wearing the welding helmet when out on the scooter for a beer; four advantages I can think of immediately:

1) Less risk of being distracted by students in uniform

2) Unlikely that the police will notice you're steaming drunk when riding home

3) Unlikely to be dazzled by the sun

4) Helps maintain your emulsion-white complexion

SC

EDIT: My apologies, Mr beachlovers, just a bit of a wind-up. No malice intended.

EDIT: Is letting yourself go different from letting rip?

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 1

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do that. It's so people know that I'm lucky enough to be married to someone that will still be attractive when I kick the bucket, and actually looks after me.

Why would you need looking after when you've kicked the bucket old bean?

Only if you are letting rip incessantly and involuntarily.

If its involuntary, you can't really accuse the gentlemen of letting himself go - a bit like my beer gut, it just burst out, and no amount of trousers could have contained it.

I asked in Watsons if they had special shampoo for a beer gut. It was a bit difficult to explain, and the security guard didn't seem to understand either

SC

Except some rare nutter, i didn't see many who fit in the description..Where are you living OP ?

thenervoussurgeon Member Since 2012-02-15

OfflineLast Active Today, 10:02 star_off.pngstar_off.pngstar_off.pngstar_off.pngstar_off.png

Community Stats

• GroupAdvanced Members
  • Active Posts617
  • Profile Views949
  • Member TitleSenior Member
  • AgeAge Unknown
  • BirthdayBirthday Unknown
  • Interests
    it used to be sex ,drugs and rock and roll ,those days i am afraid are behind me, now its sex a nip of whisky and an early night.

Only if you are letting rip incessantly and involuntarily.

If its involuntary, you can't really accuse the gentlemen of letting himself go - a bit like my beer gut, it just burst out, and no amount of trousers could have contained it.

I asked in Watsons if they had special shampoo for a beer gut. It was a bit difficult to explain, and the security guard didn't seem to understand either

SC

Yup.... i've been searching for a good leather conditioner....every single one of my belts has shrunk in the past year.

Mr Heavydrinker, I think you must be under the influence, LOL.

I'm sure that most would understand that I meant she looks after me now, while I'm alive.

Meanwhile, it's very pleasant waking up next to someone that doesn't look like a granny.

Yes we went shopping in Lotus today (i wore my new trousers) and i took a really good look at the guys there and to be honest at least 60% looked like rejects from the thrift shop

are "new trousers" such a watershed event that you need to go on on about them?

since when is a new pair of pants a big deal?

good god, i own about 20 pairs of jeans, whats the BFD?

Yes we went shopping in Lotus today (i wore my new trousers) and i took a really good look at the guys there and to be honest at least 60% looked like rejects from the thrift shop

I was taking the piss ,or dont you understand such things.

No amount of trousers could have contained my beer gut. 20 pairs of jeans would not be enough. Perhaps Benny's dungarees might be up to it, or a smart pair of dress trousers in cavalry twill with appropriate striped braces. Out of interest, what does one do with 20 pairs of jeans? I'd have thought a more rational approach would be to have a variety of trews, though

SC

Thai men fall into two categories.

Young and handsome .......... long jeans, t-shirt, flip-flops

Older and respectable ......... long trousers, polo shirt, black shoes

That's 90% of the Thai male population. Choose which group you want to join.

Dressing outside those parameters make you look a little bit weird (or a tourist).

Don't ever wear shorts, shorts are for tourists, children and weirdos.

Don't believe me, sit watching a road for 20 minutes, just looking at the Thai men passing by.

why do you insist upon referring to the backwater you call home as if it is definitive in some way?

No amount of trousers could have contained my beer gut. 20 pairs of jeans would not be enough. Perhaps Benny's dungarees might be up to it, or a smart pair of dress trousers in cavalry twill with appropriate striped braces. Out of interest, what does one do with 20 pairs of jeans? I'd have thought a more rational approach would be to have a variety of trews, though

SC

i do have a variety of trews as you put it, Not all jeans are created equal

I'm sure that most would understand that I meant she looks after me now, while I'm alive.

Meanwhile, it's very pleasant waking up next to someone that doesn't look like a granny.

what about waking up next to a grandad, or is that different.

SC

Yes i was wondering that ,20 pairs of jeans? when do you get to wear them all and why in Gods name would anyone want 20 pairs?

I don't care about whom anyone else wakes up with.

However, if granny wants to wake up with a young stud, Thailand is good for that too ( or else the Caribbean is supposed to be good for that too ).

Every morning when I wake up, I thank God for bringing me to Thailand.

Post modified to allow posting.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

Thai men fall into two categories.

Young and handsome .......... long jeans, t-shirt, flip-flops

Older and respectable ......... long trousers, polo shirt, black shoes

That's 90% of the Thai male population. Choose which group you want to join.

Dressing outside those parameters make you look a little bit weird (or a tourist).

Don't ever wear shorts, shorts are for tourists, children and weirdos.

Don't believe me, sit watching a road for 20 minutes, just looking at the Thai men passing by.

what a load of nonsense. great generalisation. u previously mocked foreigners who wear all white! why?

is all blue ok with you?

have u cleaned your singha vest this week?

Lol..i guess im bad..cuz that what went through my head too! Oops!

tongue.png

Thing is, you guys that are saying you dont care what people think you look like etc,which is fair enough.. BUT, on the flip side, i bet you would care if the women walking around you shared the same attitude!

• Like 1

tongue.png

Thing is, you guys that are saying you dont care what people think you look like etc,which is fair enough.. BUT, on the flip side, i bet you would care if the women walking around you shared the same attitude!

Actually I prefer women who don't dress up or wear makeup :)

• Like 1

tongue.png

Actually I prefer women who don't dress up or wear makeup smile.png

Yep, beautiful women don't need that, and for " beautiful " i don't mean just the body whistling.gif

Edited by mauGR1
  • Like 1

tongue.png

Actually I prefer women who don't dress up or wear makeup smile.png

ah likes women folks stark nekkid best whistling.gif

tongue.png

Who says that? Not me!

I overheard two Thai ladies talking about me in a market. They were wishing their husbands were 'as good a shape' as I was. They didn't realise I could understand Thai.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Guys..im talking about the notion of "letting yourself go", or not caring about your appearance to the extent of hardly bothering at all.

Some men talk about not caring about this (in regards to themselves), but i cant imagine them not caring if women were to do the same.

I think most men on the planet appreciate women who take care of themselves...as we do about men! :P