Hilton Dinner Buffet

jpatj

Can anyone compare the 900 baht seafood buffet to the Pullman Saturday night buffet?

That's also 850/900 baht per head but includes half a bottle of drinkable wine per head as well. Service was very good the first time but the second time (about 5 weeks ago) only okay. It is also next to the pool and even inside is very casual.

I just rang to book for 5 at the Pullman Saturday Buffet, @ 1990baht a head I quickly cancelled the booking.

That is outrageously expensive

Not if the food is excellent.

I bought 2 pcs Aus. imported Steaks in Friendship Market for the grill at home, app 370 g each. 930bath (total).

They were very good.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prices at the Hilton have gone up a little:

420B weekday lunchtime. Not sure about Fridays and evenings, but I suspect that they will also have increased.

They seem to have increased the choice and quality of dishes a bit to compensate.

Water still 30B.

850 baht Monday to Thursday, Saturday evenings. More on Friday - perhaps 950 baht?

I just rang to book for 5 at the Pullman Saturday Buffet, @ 1990baht a head I quickly cancelled the booking.

Best go to the Royal Cliff if you want a weekend evening buffet.

Correction.....

When I booked the girl had very bad English, they rang me last night to ask why I didn't show up even tho I cancelled at booking time.

I asked this girl the price again, it is 990 for the buffet & 1650 for the seafood buffet.

Still too expensive for me to enjoy.

..... it is 990 for the buffet & 1650 for the seafood buffet.

I'm pretty sure I paid about 1200B (with the ++ and water) a while ago at the Royal Cliff evening weekend BBQ thing. I had seafood, and I wasnt aware that there were any options. Maybe they have changed it all.

I suggest you go to the Friday evening seafood buffet at the Hilton then. Last time I went it was 990B (incl ++) but may now be just over 1000B. Or on Sunday lunchtime for more or less the same thing plus foie gras and caviar (well, fish eggs) for about 1200B.

Nervoussurgeon the op asks about a buffet at the Hilton and you bark at him.

Why?

Because you think he can't afford to eat at the Hilton? Why not? Usually a buffet is quite inexpensive. I'd say a good way to dine. You certainly don't need to be a millionaire to eat it stay at places like the Hilton in Thailand or for that matter any Hilton hotel.

Correction.....

When I booked the girl had very bad English, they rang me last night to ask why I didn't show up even tho I cancelled at booking time.

I asked this girl the price again, it is 990 for the buffet & 1650 for the seafood buffet.

If so then that means they have upped their prices considerably unless the format has changed a lot. The 990 baht price used to include all the seafood they had out on the buffet which was a fair selection.

RobinPattaya do you know if those prices still include the wine?

850 baht Monday to Thursday, Saturday evenings. More on Friday - perhaps 950 baht?

Friday was already 990B when I went a couple of months ago, so probably over 1000B with this recent increase. I suspect the other evenings will be nearer 900B also now.

It was still 850 baht a month ago.

Not on Friday evening. I'm sure that I paid more than that when I last went on a Friday, which was about 2 months ago. And I suspect that it will have increased somewhat since the beginning of this month, along with the daytime buffet which has increased by about 10%.

Not on Friday evening. I'm sure that I paid more than that when I last went on a Friday, which was about 2 months ago. And I suspect that it will have increased somewhat since the beginning of this month, along with the daytime buffet which has increased by about 10%.

Currently the prices are 980 baht Friday evening, and 850 baht the rest of the week. (I just called them in order to get accurate information). These prices are inclusive of VAT and service charge.

Currently the prices are 980 baht Friday evening, and 850 baht the rest of the week. (I just called them in order to get accurate information). These prices are inclusive of VAT and service charge.

So last week's price increase was only for lunchtimes then. Interesting. Shame I dont like eating large meals in the evening!

So last week's price increase was only for lunchtimes then. Interesting. Shame I dont like eating large meals in the evening!

I don't go to buffets for a regular meal. That would be a waste of money as I only require one moderate plate of food to take care of my nutritional requirements.

I go to buffets for an excessive pig out on special occasions. The goal is to eat as much as I can without getting sick. To eat a lot and get my money's worth it needs to be enticing. Cheap buffets don't cut it for me.

• Like 1

Correction.....

If so then that means they have upped their prices considerably unless the format has changed a lot. The 990 baht price used to include all the seafood they had out on the buffet which was a fair selection.

RobinPattaya do you know if those prices still include the wine?

I am not sure, the English was very bad & when the other lady rang about my booking, I was in another restaurant.

I suspect the 990 is buffet only & 1688 with drinks as stated.

Maybe I am wrong with my report, always possible...555

Pullman Pattaya Hotel/ Friday & Saturday

Seafood BBQ

988 ThB net ( food only)

1688 ThB net ( free flow, wine,beer,spirit and soft drink)

6.30 pm - 10 pm.

Not interested in the cost for booze,hate to see some fat beer monsters at a seafood bbq,not for me thank u

Pullman Pattaya Hotel/ Friday & Saturday

Seafood BBQ

988 ThB net ( food only)

1688 ThB net ( free flow, wine,beer,spirit and soft drink)

6.30 pm - 10 pm.

Not interested in the cost for booze,hate to see some fat beer monsters at a seafood bbq,not for me thank u

The point was the old pricing at 990 baht used to include free half bottle of wine per head - You would be hard pressed to call me or my gf fat...beer monster may be another story.wink.png

• 5 months later...

Does anybody know the price of drinks at the dinner buffet (Hilton). So far I have only read about water, coffee and beer with free flow wine on a Friday. Whats the price of wine on other days?

Cant say about the dinner but the last lunchtime buffet I went to the wine ( cheapest ) was around 1200 - 1400 baht a bottle. If I remember it was an Australian white Hardys I think but not 100 % sure as I wasnt the 1 drinking it at our table. Would imagine prices would be similar at dinner. By the way this was about 6 months ago so well before the tax hike on liquor was announced.

Cant say about the dinner but the last lunchtime buffet I went to the wine ( cheapest ) was around 1200 - 1400 baht a bottle. If I remember it was an Australian white Hardys I think but not 100 % sure as I wasnt the 1 drinking it at our table. Would imagine prices would be similar at dinner.

That makes the free-flow deal look very good value.

As far as I know all drinks prices are the same lunchtime and evening.