Palm Farm Price Setup Costs

jamesdoe1234

Good Day,

Apologies this is my first post, I normally sit by reading information on the forum and can always find a good answer to my questions through a site search but I've been reading/looking for nearly three hours now and cannot find the right answers.

We have just had the government in to make the overall river boundary and now contacted a few people about creating the numerous smaller water trenches (sorry don't know the technical name) between the palm.

Anyway it seems we are having our pants pulled down on the price, cheapest we've been quoted is 7k a rai to create these trenches. Now I am no rocket scientist but that just seems ridiculous to dig a hole (given the rest of the work we have had done sets us back around 300 baht a day. The maths just don't add up.

If this is the going rate I am seriously considering buying a tractor, given I will have that item for free after a bit of old fashioned graft.

Any experiences would be very welcomed.

Thanks

James

welcome james,

im no expert mate, but i would say 7kbht isnt to bad, to do your trenches how deap you having them and wide, there will be others on here who will be able to help better then me, i no to get a digger in there not cheap,cost me 15k to dig our pond, 25mts x 9mts,

sorry cant be of more help, the others will be along soon

jake