Net2phone

astral

I have signed up and paid my money for Net2phone,

but every number I dial is rejected as "invalid or unauthorised".

I have submitted a problem report and they say they are working on it,

for 3 weeks now.

Is anyone having similar problems

I have signed up and paid my money for Net2phone,

but every number I dial is rejected as "invalid or unauthorised".

I have submitted a problem report and they say they are working on it,

for 3 weeks now.

Is anyone having similar problems

I have started using this Free Calls

I call to the US everyday to many People and pay nothing and this is calling to Hardline phones as well as cell phones 39 countries are free to call to have a look.

You have to deposit 10 euros into your account but that remains there untoched if you call to one of the free countries.

Correct Link
This link for SkypeOut, actually, if we are talking about calling landlines and mobile phones from the computer.

I used to have Net2Phone and it worked, but I stopped using it when SkypeOut became available. I find SkypeOut much easier to use.

-------------

Maestro

• 1 month later...

I had net2phone pain in the butt paying for credit, had to fax copies of my credit card statement with number of card and address on it, then again when card expired and number had changed, just gave up, impossible to deal with to much computer!!

I have tried Skype.

It i sgreat for computer to computer, but they will not take my money

for call to phones.

The great credit card problem.

Net2phone has answer my problem report and asked me to enable logging and send them the files. Probably because I asked for a refund.

I will let you know if I get any sensible answers from them.

• 1 month later...

I have finally got Net2phone working.

I had to send them dumps from my machine, but the problem must have

been at their end. I am still on the same sw and it now works.

I called a Thailand mobile and the quality was excellent.

No "drop outs" and only 19kb/s bandwidth, compared to 45kb/s on Skype

which should mean that the service is viable on a dialup link.

Here I only have a 128kb/s wireless adls link.

• 2 weeks later...

Before Skype, I used to use Netphone and Dialpad, with average results. After downloading Skype, I cancelled both services. Skype is brilliant for PC to PC but Skype Out was crap when I first tried to use it last year. Haven't tried it since but will give it a try soon - my account still has some credit left. If I want to call a land line from Thailand, I use the 009 international access number rather than 001. The 009 call costs about Bt6/minute to the UK, which doesn't break the bank.

Before Skype, I used to use Netphone and Dialpad, with average results. After downloading Skype, I cancelled both services. Skype is brilliant for PC to PC but Skype Out was crap when I first tried to use it last year. Haven't tried it since but will give it a try soon - my account still has some credit left. If I want to call a land line from Thailand, I use the 009 international access number rather than 001. The 009 call costs about Bt6/minute to the UK, which doesn't break the bank.

We stopped running net2phone ads because the feedback wasn't great on them. I found skype-out to be pretty hit and miss at first but the last few months its been great, even when doing international calls to mobiles. Its also easy to buy credits with paypal.

cv