Utapao Airport Announces Regular Cambodia Flights

Rimmer

Pattaya Airport announces regular Cambodia flights

SATTAHIP:Pattaya: Airport announces new flights to Cambodia from Utapao

Cambodian airline, Air Hanuman, has negotiated a regular route between Siam Reap Cambodia and Pattaya’s own Utapao Airport.

The service, which will initially be a weekly series of three return flights, will mean that tourists can leave Pattaya and be in Cambodia in just about an hour.

This new route is great news for travelers who want to visit Pattaya from Siem Reap and explore the mysterious Siem Reap-Angkor Wat Temples, from Pattaya.

To date, the only options have been either the long drive to Bangkok’s airport or the day long drudge over Thailand to the border and the less comfortable roads of Cambodia.

Utapao was built by the US Military during the Vietnam conflict and was used as the main hub for Thailand a few years back when Bangkok Airport was closed. At the time, Pilots and airlines were not only impressed with the runways but also the facilities and ease for passenger to get through the usual queues quickly to board and leave the planes.

--pattaya103.com 2012-09-30

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Like 1

"...or the day long drudge over Thailand to the border and the less comfortable roads of Cambodia." Obviously, the writer of these lines is only about 5-8 years behind the times. The roads to Siem Reap/Battambang/Phnom Penh are just fine in 2012 and have been for a while.

The question is, if you are in Bangers, how do you get to Utapao airport? How much time would it require? When do the flights leave? Can they even be reached without overnighting in Pattaya, which would negate the whole advantage for those not already in Pattaya.

The question is, if you are in Bangers, how do you get to Utapao airport? How much time would it require? When do the flights leave? Can they even be reached without overnighting in Pattaya, which would negate the whole advantage for those not already in Pattaya.

Well they didn't announce any times here, so we cannot know about overnighting and timing.

Utapao airport is south of Pattaya. So the drive could take anywhere from 4 to 2 hours, depending on traffic and your location in Bangkok. With the cost of gasoline, and the cost of your personal time, it would likely be better to fly out of BKK if you lived in BKK.

More competition/options to Siem Reap is always good though!!

I wish AirAsia would add a route to this place.

Actually, it looks like Cambodia Angkor Air might start flying from Bangkok to Siem Reap next month. Competition should help to lower the fares.

http://www.eturbonews.com/20760/caa-likely-break-bangkok-airways-monopoly-siem-reap

http://leavefreedom.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-broken-monopoly-on-bangkok-siem-reap.html

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If the Cambodians could get Sihanoukville Airport open to international flights then exploring the undeveloped islands nearby, much as Thailand was 30-40 years ago, would be much easier and the place would go to xxxx faster as well. spacer.gif543030_394440043922438_2139180591_n.jpg

I think there is a flight from Siem Riep to Sihanoukville. If so, Utapao-Siem Riep-Sihanoukville (and back again).

Angkor Air do fly to/from Sihanoukville - Siem Reap 3 times a week and there is now a Sihanoukville - Phnom Penh flight 3 times per week.

Direct frights to and fro Pattaya and or Bangkok and or Ho Chi Minh would also create greater opportunity for exporation and discovery.

Who writes this stuff? Talks about the ease of use by passengers when Swampy was shut down. Seriously? I flew out of there during the siege and it was a total free-for-all: shoving, pushing, total chaos. Yes, when just the normal traffic is going out, its very convenient, but absolutely not when they try and turn it into the 'hub' for LOS.

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They write the stuff to keep your mind busy with fantasies, the same like the 'battle corruption right away' stories every week. Nothing's going to happen. The Swampi operator doesn't want to lose any revenues. End of story.

Who writes this stuff? Talks about the ease of use by passengers when Swampy was shut down. Seriously? I flew out of there during the siege and it was a total free-for-all: shoving, pushing, total chaos. Yes, when just the normal traffic is going out, its very convenient, but absolutely not when they try and turn it into the 'hub' for LOS. Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What does Swampy have to do with this article? I think it is great news.

• 1 month later...