Siam Commercial Bank Online.........new Accounts

Have had a look and I cant see the above within the Finance Sub forum and thought I'd mention it here as may be of use to some..........

Logged in yesterday and on Landing page was the offer of new accounts online. Get the impression the service is new as hadn't noticed it previously although rarely log in these days............

Hopefully of interest to some......

Edited........

Have had to remove the link as for some reason my bank user name remains on the page even after deleleting it.......

Just go to scbeasy.com and look for the Easynet page.

Edited by Chivas

No thats a Share Dealing account............

Let me delete the Cache a minute remove my own username and see if it displays without it this time.

Crazy !! Won't let me do it. I changed username and it still reverted back to mine.

Let me try another way !!

Ok just go to www.scbeasy.com landing page and click on the English icon near bottom right. Takes you back to where I wanted and its the information in centre of screen with a "more detail" link.........

Edited by Chivas

I have had one of their online accounts for years

Is this the same thing?

This is it here

https://www.scbeasy....on/index_en.asp

Yes thats it. What are they referring to then when they claim "for the first time"..........??

Or is that the fact you can open additionals accounts to one you already have without ever producing Passports etc ??

Yes thats it. What are they referring to then when they claim "for the first time"..........??

Or is that the fact you can open additionals accounts to one you already have without ever producing Passports etc ??

I would say definitely for folks who already have an account.

It would be impossible to bypass controls of opening a first time account.

Yes just checked & is for existing customers to add accounts

Info here

https://www.scbeasy..../en/cnt/cnt.asp

Edited by mania

I would say definitely for folks who already have an account.

It would be impossible to bypass controls of opening a first time account.

Yes just checked & is for existing customers to add accounts

Info here

https://www.scbeasy..../en/cnt/cnt.asp

This will be incredibly useful for myself as it turns out.......

• Like 1

I went to register and they ask for acc name and no,plus your pin,no, a secure sight ,i didnt do it i wont give my pin to anyone,why not a password.i also have a joint acc with mrs,and i wanted to transfer money to oz ,but joint acc's carnt use it.cat

These do appear to be a new kind of account being offered by SCB... online deposit accounts... which are a lot like a kind of account that HSBC used to offer in the U.S., in that the accounts come with NO ATM card or bank passbook.... In other words, they only can be accessed and managed online. The website specifically says transactions can only be done via SCB Easy Net (SCB's website).

https://www.scbeasy.com/v1.4/site/presignon/en/cnt/cnt.asp

They're offering these accounts in the savings account and fixed deposit account varieties...and as stated, you need to already have SCB Online banking and an account in order to open these new online only accounts.

• 11 months later...