What's A Good Place For Lunch?

EkSiriniran

Defiantly be a big help if you would give us a area of town you are looking for.

I like Amazing Sandwich across from KSG. I like Sunie next to Verachai court off of Thai Pa road or Gecko's kitty corner from the back side of the Pantip Plaza. Going to have to give the Garden Restaurant a try.

My suggestion is just walk into one and give it a try. Just because some one else says it is good doesn't mean you will like it.

Edited by hellodolly

In addition to telling us the area, you'd like to eat in, you might want to say a few words about the type of food you'd like to eat (raw, cooked, vegan), what your budget is, what's the occasion (something special, a celebration), you in a hurry, or having a banquet with friends with hours to spare ?

I am unable to use my psychic powers on this forum any longer, so I am unable to read your mind, which is probably a blessing for both of us :)

~o:37;

In addition to telling us the area, you'd like to eat in, you might want to say a few words about the type of food you'd like to eat (raw, cooked, vegan), what your budget is, what's the occasion (something special, a celebration), you in a hurry, or having a banquet with friends with hours to spare ?

I am unable to use my psychic powers on this forum any longer, so I am unable to read your mind, which is probably a blessing for both of us smile.png

~o:37;

Sorry to hear, about your ethereal shortness-of-breath, that's a sad loss to many on the forum, did you see it coming ? wai2.gif

One of my favourites for an easy lunch is the Ramen Bar found here, just off Chang Klan Road. They serve Japanese noodles, curry, etc. but it is Thai run, with Thai prices (about 40 Baht for a lovely bowl of Ramen noodles). My kids love the mild Japanese style curry and the Gyoza.

Adjoining the Ramen bar is Perfect Blend coffee. You can order from them and eat at the Ramen bar; you then also get their internet access code - a delicious cheap lunch with good coffee and free internet.

I think I might regret sharing this little secret... It can only seat about 25 people!

See you there for lunch today. I'm the handsome one with thick bushy hair and a flat stomach. welcomeani.gif

• Like 1

One of my favourites for an easy lunch is the Ramen Bar found here, just off Chang Klan Road. They serve Japanese noodles, curry, etc. but it is Thai run, with Thai prices (about 40 Baht for a lovely bowl of Ramen noodles). My kids love the mild Japanese style curry and the Gyoza.

Adjoining the Ramen bar is Perfect Blend coffee. You can order from them and eat at the Ramen bar; you then also get their internet access code - a delicious cheap lunch with good coffee and free internet.

Agreed. Also there is a new-ish dim sum & duck noodle restaurant on the corner there that's very nice, as far as noodle shops go.

Also I like this shop, near the Wing 41 road: http://goo.gl/maps/UU3qb The stewed beef over rice is amazing.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

could i piggyback this thread? i would be coming back to chiangmai and staying in viangbua near tanin market. i had been out in mhs for awhile so been missing some foreign cuisine, any place to pig out w00t.gif? would be nice if its within cycling distance or if its not a terror to park a car.

i been missing some battered friesw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

could i piggyback this thread? i would be coming back to chiangmai and staying in viangbua near tanin market. i had been out in mhs for awhile so been missing some foreign cuisine, any place to pig out w00t.gif? would be nice if its within cycling distance or if its not a terror to park a car.

Next door to Viangbua is Nu's Restaurant which is good and cheap but is Thai with some fusion Japanese and western dishes. No battered fries but I haven't seen that in CM anywhere. His hand cut fries are pretty good, not Duke's good but good - but I'd need about 5 times the size to satisfy me.

The best somtam and grilled chicken place is fairly near Viangbua too. The one with all the carved wooden furniture and is packed with Thais during lunch. Ask the Viang Bua staff to draw you a map. It's close but there are a few turns on the way.

Cafe Nero in Central Kad Suan Kaew,good Western and Thai food at good prices,I think it's on the 2nd or 3rd Floor,under the cinema.smile.png