Firing Employees, How Much Is It Gonna Cost?

MacChine

Sorry to barge into the forum but my usual source is no longer available I am getting conflict info from new counsel.

I need to fire a worker who is not performing, He has been at the company for less than 6 months I know there is different severance depending on time worked.

Also how much time for notice to terminate? He is paid weekly so I am thinking one work period = in this case one week ? Any links to actual info? Or anyone know for sure? Doing a google search only brings up info on a Phuket site that sounds very good but is three years old ( and advises anyone to have contract periods.- saves spending good money on bad employees. )

Also if I simply fold up the business, no severance , right?

Thanks in advance

So what does there contract say? We're there any performance reviews? Did they have two verbal warnings and a final written warning? Labour laws are very strict in Thailand and you will get the best advice from the labour department.

In my experience the labor dept tells me what is best for the Thai, not the law, necessarily. That goes for many govt agencies Hence I'm asking here for opinions or links to other sources regarding my query, the severance period and the required settlement . It is based on length of term as not in contract otherwise .Thanks

Edited by MacChine

^ Thank you for that, I really don;t seem to find anythign with searching

The Sing/ Thai Embassy site looks offical enough but I've learned from my own country's Embassy to not trust legal info automatically , but really, why isn't there an official Thai govt siote, in English? (What will this country do when AEC arrives? Thai will be scrubbing floors in Malaysia.) The legal site too looked promising , though did omit the Doctor certificate on the work permit doics needed , with no elephantitis, syplillis or alcoholism - or was that just for me?

So i'is expensive to fire employees who don't perform - one month of pay for an employee that has been there for 4 months.

Yep one guy f didn't show, phone turned off infuriating, 12th time since march I guess , and the other did show but again left a hazard I'd warned him about ..

Yep, Little known facts that will eat you away bitby bit here

Does it need to be in Thai, or can I tell them what it says and have then sign it ? Best get in Thai, OK 300 baht fo rthat Yep, nickle and dime you to death, nickel and dime, bit by bit ... bit by bit. Like fish at bait .