Fish And Chips Outlet

AliasJohn

I live in Issan for the last couple of years and am thinking about a move to Hua Hin or Cha Am. Are there any decent fish and chips outlets in the area or does it need one. A shop thats sells not only fish and chips but burgers and pizza etc. Cheers

There are only two chippys that I know of. One IMO not very good the other a bit pricey. Tons of pizza in HH of varying quality from expensive and bad to quite good. There is McD and BK for fatburgers and many bars do quite decent burgers.

Edited by johnnyk

I live in Issan for the last couple of years and am thinking about a move to Hua Hin or Cha Am. Are there any decent fish and chips outlets in the area or does it need one. A shop thats sells not only fish and chips but burgers and pizza etc. Cheers

You can get decent beer battered fish and chips at:

Bar Tender (Soi 94)

Lins (Phetkasem Road)

Buffalo Tavern (Near the Pier)

Victoria (Soi 80) (most consistent quality imho)

I'm sure there are others but of these I prefer Victoria and Bar Tender. Lots of places advertise fish and chips but they do breaded fish instead of beer battered. Unfortunately the two best places from a couple of years ago have closed (owner passed).

Pizza is everywhere as there seems to be more Italian restaurants in Hua Hin that any other kind except Thai. Most of the pizzas are disappointing (again in my oppinion) so I usually just order from Pizza Company. My current favorite made at a non fast food restaurant is Casa Mia on the Pala U road.

If you are thinking of opening a shop that does good (beer battered) fish and chips, good burgers, and good pizza, you may do well if the quality was good, price reasonable, and location good. The rents (and land purchase) in Hua Hin are expensive though so to have a good location and be able to keep prices down may be tough.

Edited by hhfarang