Insulin

leisurely

Hello. I have a friend coming to visit for a month or so, she is insulin dependant and I wondered whether it is possible to buy insulin over the counter or if she would need a script for it. It would probably be more practical to purchase it here than bring it with her.

Cheers, Leisurely

Hello. I have a friend coming to visit for a month or so, she is insulin dependant and I wondered whether it is possible to buy insulin over the counter or if she would need a script for it. It would probably be more practical to purchase it here than bring it with her.

Cheers, Leisurely

Should not be a problem at all.

Look for a good pharmacy or a hospital. But when I would be in your friends position I would bring it with me to be sure it's the right kind of insulin, I am using insulin aswell here in Thailand.

May be she should inform you in advance about her needed insulin and you go out and check it before she arrives here.

Good luck !

Gerd

Cheers, Leisurely

When I went to purchase insulin at a clinic in the small town where we live I was told to see the doctor first. Also when attempting to purchase at the local hospital dispensary. I'm not sure what would happen if one attempted to buy insulin at a regular pharmacy in Bangkok.

I would say that if your friend is coming for a short visit it might be more practical and less hassle to bring the medication with her...