Suzuki Gsxr 1000 Yamaha R1 Authorized Dealers

yankee99

Not sure if this is reliable but it's a start.smile.png

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/staticpages/index.php/Motorcycle-prices-in-Thailand

Inline fours are available, Red Barron motorcycle shop in Bangkok gets mentioned a lot here.

Thanksi have seen that site but nothing seems current. Red Baron might be ok but i want to stick with authorized dealers.

Suzuki sells the 2012 GSX-R1000 for 799,000 THB and they have them on stock and financing is available.

http://www.thaisuzuk...finance_gsx.php

You can also look at the Honda CBR1000RR which cost also 799,000 THB (all I'm not sure they have them on stock right now).

A good alternative to a full sportsbike is the Yamaha FZ8 (480,000 THB) or if it's really coming to Thailand the Kawasaki Z800.

The Yamaha YZF-R1 is the cheapest full sportsbike in Thailand and will set you back 709,000 THB

Kawasaki Thailand doesn't sell the ZX-10R anymore...

Edited by Richard-BKK

unused 2011 ZX10R (full power) for 630,000Baht at RedBarron

The OP wants to buy a motorcycle from a authorized dealer, while Redbaron is a very reliable dealer they're are not an authorized Kawasaki dealer and the ZX-10R is parallel import.

The OP wants to buy a motorcycle from a authorized dealer, while Redbaron is a very reliable dealer they're are not an authorized Kawasaki dealer and the ZX-10R is parallel import.

Yes that's true, but aren't both the R1 and CBR1000RR restricted???

Not that all the power is needed on these Thai slippery roads, just want the OP to know this :)

Not that all the power is needed on these Thai slippery roads, just want the OP to know this smile.png

If we really honest to ourself, we will agree that on most Thai roads it doesn't matter if you have 170 or 180 horsepower. Even on the race track I have seen people on very powerful liter-bikes getting toyed with by a few guys on 600cc's.... You need to have a lot of riding/track experience to actually be able to use the extra power of a 1000cc...

I believe the cbr1000rr here is restricted so it is off the list. I assumed/thought the suzuki and yamaha were unrestricted? The suzuki 750 gsxr would be ideal but i guess thats a dream.....Gonna go to bkk on tuesday for some research.

Not that all the power is needed on these Thai slippery roads, just want the OP to know this smile.png

If we really honest to ourself, we will agree that on most Thai roads it doesn't matter if you have 170 or 180 horsepower. Even on the race track I have seen people on very powerful liter-bikes getting toyed with by a few guys on 600cc's.... You need to have a lot of riding/track experience to actually be able to use the extra power of a 1000cc...

Exactly, which is why my next bike will a ZX6R, GSXR600/750, or an 898/899 if i run into some extra money :D

But Back to the OP, i know for sure that the CBR1000RR is Restricted by quite a bit, more than 10bhp. R1 looks the more aggressive bike but does it have the power to back up those looks. And if you're laying out 800,000Baht for a sport bike, you may as well have the full power model :)

Inline fours are available, Red Barron motorcycle shop in Bangkok gets mentioned a lot here.

Thanksi have seen that site but nothing seems current. Red Baron might be ok but i want to stick with authorized dealers.

The price and service will be better at Red Baron. Using an authorized dealer for a 1000cc bike will only buy you a false sense of security and inexperienced mechanics.

http://www.motorcycl...ces-in-Thailand

The price and service will be better at Red Baron. Using an authorized dealer for a 1000cc bike will only buy you a false sense of security and inexperienced mechanics.

I wanted to post the same but have no knowledge of the skill of Yamaha and Honda big bike mechanics...... :)

What was the last time you went to the Bangkok Suzuki big bike dealer, the mechanics who work on the big bikes are trained in Japan and most speak a good amount of English. And I believe that at the Honda Bigwing it's not much different, service is excellent...

And while I think that Redbaron is one of the best motorcycle shops in Thailand, I'm not so sure that they would replace a fuel-injection as quick as they did at Suzuki...

What was the last time you went to the Bangkok Suzuki big bike dealer, the mechanics who work on the big bikes are trained in Japan and most speak a good amount of English. And I believe that at the Honda Bigwing it's not much different, service is excellent...

And while I think that Redbaron is one of the best motorcycle shops in Thailand, I'm not so sure that they would replace a fuel-injection as quick as they did at Suzuki...

Given the number of gsxr's bought from Suzuki Thailand every year (very, very low) and the number of times gsxr's break (almost never), their real world experience of diagnosing and fixing issues is obviously going to be extremely low. They have to order the parts from overseas as well. So where is the advantage over the likes of RedBaron?

Same applies to Honda. They don't repair enough big bikes to gain new knowledge and learn the type of lessons that come from repairing big bikes daily. Red Baron do.

Therefore in my opinion the extra 100,000+ baht you pay for the bike is not worth it. With Honda it's even worse, you don't pay more for the same bike, you pay more for LESS bike as they supply you with a restricted bike with less power. If you pay the additional 40,000 odd baht to de-restrict it then you lose the warranty.

I dont have any opinions on big bike service except for bmw. Although i would think if i had a catastrophe then my odds from suzuki or yamaha might be better then red baron.

when i read this i would worry about import warranty

.."Nationwide Service Network. Have the nationwide network of Yamaha dealers behind you. You can get covered repairs at any authorized Yamaha dealership in the United States." Here at least Yamaha USA clearly defines nationwide in the USA to be the actual USA.