Seeking Information: Apartment Hunting

Is it possible to find a relatively cheap apartment for 9000 - 12000 baht per month WITHOUT signing a one-year lease? Is it possible to sign a contract that is perhaps month-to-month?

Id prefer something in the Sukhumvit area. Or somewhere along the BTS. Id also hope it would be reasonable in appearance with a western bathroom.

Please let me know.

Yes there are studios Condo for 9-12K (generally about 30SqM) they will not be very upmarket for that price but still comfortable and have western bathrooms and Air Con. I do not know about in the Sukhumvit area as this covers a large area but most likely. It a renters market in Bangkok so you just need to find a landlord who will take month by month or 3 months at a time. Many landlords would rather leave their condos empty than compromise on rent or lease but if you look you find a landlord who will be ok with this I sure. They will most likely still make you pay a bond of 2-3 months. You don't say how long you staying or why you want to do this. You should also look at a room in guest house which also be low cost. I rented a Studio in Sathorn on Thannon Narathaiwat near Macro Super Market (Lumpini Place Condo) which was 9000THB a month. It was close to BRT two stops to BTS Chong Nosi but I did have to sign a12 month lease. What I think you also find is these low cost places are not advertised much on the internet so you have walk around and if your Thai is not great you need a Thai to help you ask about them. These two web sites www.TeePak.com and www.prakard.com do have low end condos but mostly in Thai.

I use Google Chrome browser and have it set to auto translate Thai to English so I can look these sorts of web site.